Lita in trouble in Brizzle?

341 posts
royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 31 Aug 2006 01:10

I've taken disciplinary action into my own hands. As of today, Leroy Lita is formally dropped him from my fantasy league team...

I must say it was a difficult decision, but Dave Kitson was going cheap as he's injured, so I brought him in as a replacement.

GO GINGER PUBES!

Daff

by Daff » 31 Aug 2006 01:21

[quote="Royalee"][quote="Woodcote Royal"][quote="RoyalBlue"]Lita is paid big money and enjoys all the perks of being a [b]professional[/b] footballer. Last time he was warned by SC and NH not to put himself into situations where he could get drawn into trouble. He has clearly ignored that warning.

We can't afford to get shot of him - we've got bugger all cover left in the strikers department as it is - but I do hope the the club throw the book at him (regardless of whether he is guilty of the police charges he is guilty of ignoring his employer's instructions) and fine him as much as they are able.
[/quote]

Not often we agree, but spot on in my view.

Totally agree here
Once is unfortunate but this the second time in a year that Leroy has put himself in this position and the club should come down hard on him.

If he, and/or his friends, can't keep out of trouble on Saturday night it's time to join the local bridge club or give up the job and wages that very few ever get to enjoy.

In more ways than one, Dave Kitson doesn't appear to have too much worry about other than getting fit :evil:[/quote]

Agree with both posts.[/quote]

MC ROYAL

by MC ROYAL » 31 Aug 2006 03:21

How can our players be expected to be loyal to the club when our fans are so unloyal to the players? I for one am fully behind Lita, and just hope he doesn't read this site. He's a premiership footballer, obviously hes gonna attract more attention than the average person, plus he left a club from Bristol and is only 21. Pretty easy to see how things could happen. Its not like hes killed anyone, give him a break FFS.

madmickb

by madmickb » 31 Aug 2006 07:08

If leroy wants to make headlines pitty he did not do it by scoring at wigan and gaining us a point, instead of acting like a hooligan

fridays child

by fridays child » 31 Aug 2006 07:51

MC ROYAL How can our players be expected to be loyal to the club when our fans are so unloyal to the players? I for one am fully behind Lita, and just hope he doesn't read this site. He's a premiership footballer, obviously hes gonna attract more attention than the average person, plus he left a club from Bristol and is only 21. Pretty easy to see how things could happen. Its not like hes killed anyone, give him a break FFS.

Now seems that it was his mate that he headbutted, and not some 'troublemaker'.

Blue Hooped Moose
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Blue Hooped Moose » 31 Aug 2006 08:00

MC ROYAL How can our players be expected to be loyal to the club when our fans are so unloyal to the players? I for one am fully behind Lita, and just hope he doesn't read this site. He's a premiership footballer, obviously hes gonna attract more attention than the average person, plus he left a club from Bristol and is only 21. Pretty easy to see how things could happen. Its not like hes killed anyone, give him a break FFS.

Pretty easy to see how things could happen? Bobbins. I don't see Bobby Convey getting into scraps like Lita - in fact, I don't see 99% of Premiership players getting into trouble like this.

The club warned Lita to not to get himself into situations like this - where's his "loyalty" gone?

fridays child Now seems that it was his mate that he headbutted, and not some 'troublemaker'.

Can't work out who's the worst "mate" here - Lita for headbutting his friend, or his friend for getting him arrested!

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 31 Aug 2006 08:10

Royalcop
Avon Royal It was a drunken handbags incident with his mate who was left with a "black eye".

A mate who was willing to make a formal alllegation to police? Sounds a bit unlikely to me.

Also to be arrested for assault occasioning GBH it would usually need more than a slightly bruised eye. I would expect there to be some socket/bone damage. Though, having said that, what you get arrested for and what you end up being charged with (if anything) often differ enormously.

Right - you have to take all this in context. Footballers acting up in Bristol is a hot topic down here right now. In case you didn't know, a number of City players are in court tomorrow on violence related charges. If the incident with Lita was witnessed in any way then the police would have been on it like a shot.

I appreciate the logical point you make about a "mate" making a formal complaint. I would however point out that as the victim was Bristolian, logic is pretty much redundant when considering his behaviour.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 Aug 2006 08:17

madmickb If leroy wants to make headlines pitty he did not do it by scoring at wigan and gaining us a point, instead of acting like a hooligan

At least he didn't let the miss spoil his enjoyment of the weekend - unlike most supporters! :evil:

Also good to see he wasn't tired from his exertions earlier in the day.

MC ROYAL How can our players be expected to be loyal to the club when our fans are so unloyal to the players? I for one am fully behind Lita, and just hope he doesn't read this site. He's a premiership footballer, obviously hes gonna attract more attention than the average person, plus he left a club from Bristol and is only 21.

If he wants to be allowed to behave like the 'average' 21 year old, perhaps he should also be paid the wages an average 21 year old gets!

Royalphil

by Royalphil » 31 Aug 2006 08:36

RoyalBlue If he wants to be allowed to behave like the 'average' 21 year old, perhaps he should also be paid the wages an average 21 year old gets!

Best comment on this thread!!!

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 31 Aug 2006 09:17

RoyalBlue
madmickb If leroy wants to make headlines pitty he did not do it by scoring at wigan and gaining us a point, instead of acting like a hooligan

At least he didn't let the miss spoil his enjoyment of the weekend - unlike most supporters! :evil:

Also good to see he wasn't tired from his exertions earlier in the day.

MC ROYAL How can our players be expected to be loyal to the club when our fans are so unloyal to the players? I for one am fully behind Lita, and just hope he doesn't read this site. He's a premiership footballer, obviously hes gonna attract more attention than the average person, plus he left a club from Bristol and is only 21.

If he wants to be allowed to behave like the 'average' 21 year old, perhaps he should also be paid the wages an average 21 year old gets!

21 year old or not is irrelevant. At the end of the day he is supposedly a professional athlete/sportsman playing in the toughest league in Europe. I could perhaps understand him going clubbing in Bristol after a home game but not after a long journey back from Wigan!! I think Murty as one of the elder members of the team and club captain should have a quiet word with him as this sort of incident coupled with the bad publicity does neither the image of the club or player any good at all.
I think he should be hit hard with a club fine, but unfortunately we cannot afford to drop him for a couple of weeks with Kitson still unfit.
I still think we need another experienced striker with a sensible head on his shoulder who would be able to mentor Lita. Andy Cole would fit the bill though it looks like he is going to Portsmouth today.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 31 Aug 2006 09:23

Jerry St Clair Are the people on here castigating Lita, the same people who hero worship Robin Friday?

Nope. Robin Friday was a waster who I in no-way hero-worship thankyou. Does that mean I can condemn Lita for being a jumped-up arrogant little sh*t now??

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 31 Aug 2006 09:35

John Madejski's Wallet
Jerry St Clair Are the people on here castigating Lita, the same people who hero worship Robin Friday?

Nope. Robin Friday was a waster who I in no-way hero-worship thankyou. Does that mean I can condemn Lita for being a jumped-up arrogant little sh*t now??

Wearing my RTG's I don't seem to remember Friday spending time behind bars. :shock:

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 31 Aug 2006 09:51

Well said mate. It's also great relief to know he decided to go out and celebrate another defeat and a glaring miss !

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 31 Aug 2006 09:51

Gordons Cumming
John Madejski's Wallet

Wearing my RTG's I don't seem to remember Friday spending time behind bars. :shock:

No but he was certainly barred from enough boozers in Reading!! (my family's included)

mattyougg

by mattyougg » 31 Aug 2006 10:29

Reading Chronicle sport.

Page 1

COPPELL RAGES AT FOOLISH LITA.

Steve Coppell has slammed Leroy Lita following his arrest for alleged grevious bodily harm.
The Reading manager says he cannot work out why Lita was in Bristol City centre in the early hours of sunday morning when the 21 year old striker is suspected of head-butting a victim.
Van driver Jason Beresford, 24, was left with with a black eye and damaged eye socket after the alleged assault which took place in the Haymarket area of Bristol at around 3am.
The 21 yeas old ex Bristol City strikerhad returned to reading at 11pm the night before following the team's 1-0 defeat at Wigan Athletic
It is thought Lita then jumped straight into his luxury Hummer jeep and drove into Bristol for a night out with freiends.
It is not the first time Lita has been involved in controversy in bristol after he was glassed in a nightclub in February which required several stitches and left him with a scarred face.
Yesterday morning (Wednesday) Lita, flanked by Royals' director of football Nicky Hammond, turned himself in at Bristol's Trinity Road Police Station where he was arrested on suspicion of GBH.
But coppell told The Chronicle: "I'm obviously disappointed with what's happened. "He's been involved in problems in Bristol before, and, to be honest, I was under the impression he wouldn't be spending any more of his social time down there so I'm personally upset about this.
"I really don't know why a professional athlete who gave us his all on Saturday afternoonand spent five hours on the bus coming back would want to drive for another hour down to Bristol. It's just not right."
Lita had a superb start to his Premier Leauge career after scoring the winner aagainst Middlesbrough in a 3-2 opening day victory.
But bad luck had never been far behind.
A few weeks after the glassing incident he broke his leg during a game at Burnley and missed the final third of his season when reading Championship title with a record 106 points.
Then his prized Championship medal was stolen from his Finchampstead home following a burglary and has still not been found.
Lita, readings record signing when he joined from City for £1M last summer,could now face a suspension and a fine if the club decides to take a hard line.
However, it is thought that the Royals will stop short of a ban from him playing as they could be left short for the Manchester City match if Dave Kitson has not recovered from his hamstring injury.
But Coppell stressed: "Discipline is discipline. It should not be tempered by injuries.
"I've heard the club will discipline him purely for being in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Late yesterday afternoon Royals issued a statement regarding Lita's arrest which read: "Reading Football Club's director of football, Nicky Hammond, has confirmed that he and Leroy Lita travelled to Bristol this morning to speak to Avon and Somerset Police with regards to an alleged incident in Bristol at the weekend.
"As this is an ongoing matter neither th player no the club would make any further comment at this stage."

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 31 Aug 2006 10:49

Kitson.. Hamstring..

oxf*rd Journalists.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 31 Aug 2006 11:00

These problems with Lita do not surprise me at all.

He has no idea how to channel his confidence and arrogance.

He needs some counselling and a great big kick up the arse!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we didn't need him so much I'd have him transfer listed immediately.

18urz71

by 18urz71 » 31 Aug 2006 11:04

"Yesterday morning (Wednesday) Lita, flanked by Royals' director of football Nicky Hammond, turned himself in at Bristol's Trinity Road Police Station where he was arrested on suspicion of GBH."

Cheers Lita, now Hammond will have less time to go and clinch the signings we all want.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 31 Aug 2006 11:08

Makes it sound as if the club had to force him to turn himself in. Dock him a month's wages and tell him he's transfer listed unless he pulls his finger out of his a*se.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 31 Aug 2006 11:11

Royalee Makes it sound as if the club had to force him to turn himself in. Dock him a month's wages and tell him he's transfer listed unless he pulls his finger out of his a*se.

Are you a fool?

341 posts