West Ham Match Thread - Sponsored by CarLOLos Tevez

253 posts
savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 01 Oct 2006 17:21

Maguire
Royal Rother Anyone giving MOTM to someone other than Sonko is a nutter.

100% agree.

I agree with the 100%.

Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Volvicanus » 01 Oct 2006 17:35

KUMB seem quite pleased overall with the performance. They seem particularly focused on the fact that Reading really didn't have a lot of posession or shots, completely ignoring the fact that was more down to our defensive game than anything that they did.
They sure are a hopeful lot - got to say that for them.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 01 Oct 2006 18:16

Arch How did Bobby merit an assist on the goal?

Thusly, or so it's being reported:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/5373482.stm

West Ham 0-1 Reading
by Dan Warren

Seol picked up the ball from Bobby Convey's free-kick and was afforded time and space to pick his spot from distance.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 01 Oct 2006 18:56

RoyalChicagoFC
Arch How did Bobby merit an assist on the goal?

Thusly, or so it's being reported:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/5373482.stm

West Ham 0-1 Reading
by Dan Warren

Seol picked up the ball from Bobby Convey's free-kick and was afforded time and space to pick his spot from distance.
Yeah, yeah. But here's how it unfolded. Bobby dinked the free kick about half a yard to Seol, who proceeded to wiggle backwards and forwards, obviously looking for an opening to shoot. As one report put it, he "dithered". Some seconds later, he finally got the shot off, having created the opportunity for himself.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 01 Oct 2006 19:02

Arch Yeah, yeah. But here's how it unfolded. Bobby dinked the free kick about half a yard to Seol, who proceeded to wiggle backwards and forwards, obviously looking for an opening to shoot. As one report put it, he "dithered". Some seconds later, he finally got the shot off, having created the opportunity for himself.

Indeed. No doubt they, as a courtesy to Bobby, were using the MLS evaLOLuation system.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 01 Oct 2006 19:33

Just back and not yet read through all the previous posts. Not impressed by Tevez just a fat maradona, poor judas pardew (gona lose his job), does your missus know your here chant for chris tarrant at half time, home fans quiet for the 90 minutes and Three points for the Royals :D

Sidwell my MOTM!

pieface

by pieface » 01 Oct 2006 19:37

Sidwell and Sonko awsome well done royals we put the hammers vocals to shame.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 01 Oct 2006 19:37

cmonurz
Chaney
cmonurz
Royalwaster No improvement needed when it comes to result - I'd take a hard fought 1:0 against Chelsea any time.

Stating the obvious.

If we play like that against Chelsea we will come away with a hard-fought 6-0 thumping.

Excellent result today, but undeserved, and lots to work on at the training ground, namely putting together cohesive attacks away from home.

with our defence nobody but nobody will put 6 past us this season, can i ask your opinions on the united game?..because IMO this was almost a carbon copy, are you sure you aint a closet hammers fan?

Whatever you say!

I agree, this was almost a carbon copy of United - the difference being that this was West Ham United, no wins since Charlton on the opening day, a dressing room falling to bits, and only an average midfield and defence (like ours, in the whole scheme of things).

My opinion on the United game is that whilst it was a fantastic result, on another day it might have been 4 or 5-1, and that's only considering the chances United missed, on what was a poor day for them.

As I have said a number of times, an excellent result, and last week against United, but vast footballing improvement needed if we are to be safe before the closing couple of games of the season, imho.

Is it really possible for so much sh*te to be be posted using one username in the time it takes to play one match :?

4 wins & 1 draw from our first 7 games is no fluke and I'll take Steve Coppell's approach to getting more than one season at this level ahead of idiot fans who gave us little chance in August and STILL haven't got the faintest idea of what is required.

There's no such thing as a bad win away from home.

Fcuk what it looked like, Fcuk who had the most possession. We WON and We're 7TH, END OF!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 01 Oct 2006 19:46

Woodcote wrote:
We're 7TH

I prefer much joint 4th on points :lol:

RIP ELM Park

by RIP ELM Park » 01 Oct 2006 19:46

Just got back, the game was played in awful weather on a really skiddy pitch and our passing seemed to suffer more than theirs, Sidwell was MOTD a 100% commited performance, he was all over the pitch, tackling in midfield the crucial clearences in the box and really helped out the back four.

Sonko was rock solid again De la Cruz got caught out a few times positionaly, not surprising given that he's not played much football and needs to gel with the regular starters, he kept on going though and his fitness looked good.

WHU fans hardly made a noise all game, just the usual Bubbles crap at the start of each half and barely a sound after that.

Classic moment was when we sang for Pardew to give us a wave, and he did!! :shock:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Oct 2006 19:48

yep,

just because we do not pay homage to our superior brethren, and we do not play the beautiful football to which the press bestow the plaudits to, we have nobody to fear and a place in Europe to look forward to...........forget survival.

Full credit to the CC Championship team that are blowing away the Pemierdonnaship £60k pw players

andy30766

by andy30766 » 01 Oct 2006 19:51

Hi - west wilts hammers fan who unfortunately today has had to eat humble pie to a house full of Royals, but i do so with dignity and grace.

Well done Rox, Matt Jem and Jax - enjoy your day you have deserved it.

Still at least Trowbridge Town are still walking away with the Hellenic Division One.

I can still smile - after all I havent got to go training at Chadwell Heath tomorrow morning!!!!

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 01 Oct 2006 20:02

SeolSurvivor Seol's goal~
I'm surprised it's up already~
expect heavy traffic but here it is~

http://dory.mncast.com/mncHMovie.swf?mo ... 1001221141

Looks better the more times you watch :D

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 01 Oct 2006 20:13

RIP Elm Park wrote:
Sidwell was MOTD a 100% commited performance

I could only watch via guangdong on sopcast 3 minutes behind reading world commentary which itself is a few minutes behind reality.So I accept my experience was limited and somewhat disjointed.To actually be at a game enables the observer to see all the positional graft that goes on away from the ball thus giving a broader perpective of the whole game and individuals performances.
Sids last gasp goalline clearance was nothing short of sensational and it appeared he played with true grit throughout dispelling any lingering doubts about his commitment to the cause at least on a game by game basis.
So I give MOTM award to Sonks hands down. :wink:

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 01 Oct 2006 20:17

Once were Biscuitmen Lets have a whip round to pay his extra wages! lol

Put me in for a few quid. Sidwell was huge today!

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 01 Oct 2006 20:19

I think I bring goodluck..

I went to both Sheffield and West Ham and both games, we won :D

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 01 Oct 2006 20:19

M4 Junction 11 Just back and not yet read through all the previous posts. Not impressed by Tevez just a fat maradona, poor judas pardew (gona lose his job), does your missus know your here chant for chris tarrant at half time, home fans quiet for the 90 minutes and Three points for the Royals :D

Sidwell my MOTM!

Sidwell MOTM, Trevez not good :shock:

Did you actually watch the game?

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 01 Oct 2006 20:27

Seol Man No way will we win this. West Ham are going to come out second half and absolutely batter us. 3-1 West Ham.

Simpleton

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 01 Oct 2006 20:30

The faxct his name has Seol in it makes it doubly ironic. Or is it moronic? :?

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 01 Oct 2006 20:35

Big Ern Sidwell MOTM, Trevez not good :shock:

Did you actually watch the game?

With all the hype I thought Tevez would have played better than he did, therefore I was not impressed. Sidwell was my MOTM - FACT!

253 posts