Back from the game......and really angry!

224 posts
Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 03 Jan 2008 17:38

Platypuss
West Stand Man One 'vents' ones 'spleen' .

Afraid not. One vents one's spleen.

HTH.

One certainly does on here. Or some do.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 03 Jan 2008 20:22

Platypuss
West Stand Man One 'vents' ones 'spleen' .

Afraid not. One vents one's spleen.

HTH.
How true, how true. :oops:

BLUES & ROYAL

by BLUES & ROYAL » 03 Jan 2008 20:43

Dirk Gently Just to make it doubly stupid, Sonko should have had the common sense to try and make the challenge outside the box - he had plenty of time then. Then, if it was a foul, he might still have been sent off, but they'd not have got a penalty.

But to let the player run into the box and then foul him really is the worst of all situations.

If he was going to take him out he should have taken Benjani right out, thus rendering the striker useless for the rest of the game with no extra penalty (excuse the pun) for Sonko

It seems odd to me that Sonko will get a three game ban for that rather tame challenge, yet Gunnarsson gets the same ban for a leg breaking challenge.

Somethings amiss somewhere

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 03 Jan 2008 20:49

BLUES & ROYAL
Dirk Gently Just to make it doubly stupid, Sonko should have had the common sense to try and make the challenge outside the box - he had plenty of time then. Then, if it was a foul, he might still have been sent off, but they'd not have got a penalty.

But to let the player run into the box and then foul him really is the worst of all situations.

If he was going to take him out he should have taken Benjani right out, thus rendering the striker useless for the rest of the game with no extra penalty (excuse the pun) for Sonko

It seems odd to me that Sonko will get a three game ban for that rather tame challenge, yet Gunnarsson gets the same ban for a leg breaking challenge.

Really? I thought it was a one-game ban for a "professional foul" red card.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 04 Jan 2008 00:28

BLUES & ROYAL It seems odd to me that Sonko will get a three game ban for that rather tame challenge, yet Gunnarsson gets the same ban for a leg breaking challenge.

As Dirk (and many others) says - just a one game ban (not that it makes any difference due to the ANC)

So what's amiss?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 05 Jan 2008 19:25

RoyalBlue
Victor Meldrew Royal Blue,
Did you go on so much whe the lino effectively gave all 3 points to us v Sunderland in giving a doubtful decision went our way?
What goes round comes round and if we had scraped a draw v Pompey (ref helping us out) but only had a draw v Sunderland (lino not helping us out) we would now be one point worse off and a fellow relegation struggler would be much nearer to us in the league.

There is a very big difference.

There was some (and only some) doubt that the ball didn't cross the line against Sunderland and only because the tv footage was inconclusive.

The double mistake made by the linesman against Portsmouth clear for all to see both real-time and through tv replays. Harper did not commit a foul, if anything the foul was committed against him. Campbell was clearly offside at the time the ball was headed onto him by another Portsmouth player.

Given that, it is not a fair case of what goes around comes around.

I would also point to the disgraceful mistake by Keith Stroud as another pivotal goal against us and one where the evidence against him was absolutely conclusive.

It will be interesting to see if today's first goal crossed the line and presumably there is no doubt that Huddlestone had to.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 Jan 2008 19:27

BBCRB were doubtful during commentary about the first and disgusted with the 2nd.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 05 Jan 2008 19:35

Back from the game.

Huddleston's sending off was harsh, Hunt's first goal was hard to see as we were the at the opposite end.

Federici's saves kept us in the match.

Bikey started terribly, but settled down, Hunt was the best outfield player for us and continues to wind up the home/away fans, and even the biggest moaners that we have at Reading are finally shutting the hell up.

I thought Berbatov was offside when he scored.

Tottenham could have been out of sight by half time, but they got more and more frustrated by Reading unwilling to lay down and die.

Fae's certainly got more about him than Halford ever did, but I'm waiting until next season until basing an opinion about his future with us.

All in all, happy to leave WHL with a draw.

Oi Oi Saveloy
Location: Going crackers for Cararcas, or bonkers for Belgium

by Oi Oi Saveloy » 05 Jan 2008 19:37

readingbedding
Fae's certainly got more about him than Halford ever did

Thats not exactly difficult.

philM

by philM » 05 Jan 2008 19:38

I hoped to see a better performance from Leroy but he still falls over too much.

Did anyone see what happened to Hunty when he went into the crowd/stewards by the corner flag?

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 05 Jan 2008 19:40

philM I hoped to see a better performance from Leroy but he still falls over too much.

Did anyone see what happened to Hunty when he went into the crowd by the corner flag?

Leroy did ok too, worked really hard and got on Dawson's nerves.

Hunt got tangled up with a Spurs player and the Spurs player got a shove and the momentum brought him into the corner of the ground near the Spurs fans.

Nothing doing and he wasn't booked.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 06 Jan 2008 18:52

BLUES & ROYAL

BolLoLocks

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 06 Jan 2008 19:08

NOTW ratings

Federici 7
Rosenior 6
DLC 6
Bikey 4
Duberry 7
Convey 7
Hunt 8
Fae 8
Cisse 7
Lita 7
Long 5

Pearce 6

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 06 Jan 2008 19:12

readingbedding Back from the game.

Huddleston's sending off was harsh, Hunt's first goal was hard to see as we were the at the opposite end.

Federici's saves kept us in the match.

Bikey started terribly, but settled down, Hunt was the best outfield player for us and continues to wind up the home/away fans, and even the biggest moaners that we have at Reading are finally shutting the hell up.

I thought Berbatov was offside when he scored.

Tottenham could have been out of sight by half time, but they got more and more frustrated by Reading unwilling to lay down and die.

Fae's certainly got more about him than Halford ever did, but I'm waiting until next season until basing an opinion about his future with us.

All in all, happy to leave WHL with a draw.

Pretty much agree with everything you posted.

Lita needs to stay on his feet more - also tried to do to much - numerous times him and Long hold on to the ball far more than they should when a through ball towards the goal was on.

For me Federici was excellent - handing etc was fab and good effort on the penalty save.

Loved the day out / atmosphers not the best...and a big gggrrrr to the Reading fans who told me to get off at Seven Sisters not knowing that the train carried on to White Hart Lane...did wonder why not many others got off!!!!

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 06 Jan 2008 19:28

Alan Partridge NOTW ratings

Federici 7
Rosenior 6
DLC 6
Bikey 4
Duberry 7
Convey 7
Hunt 8
Fae 8
Cisse 7
Lita 7
Long 5

Pearce 6

LOL at Pearce getting a 6. What was he on for? 3 minutes?

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 06 Jan 2008 19:30

Even if the foul had been committed outside the box, I would have put money on Mr. Read giving a penalty.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 06 Jan 2008 19:38

Platypuss
BLUES & ROYAL It seems odd to me that Sonko will get a three game ban for that rather tame challenge, yet Gunnarsson gets the same ban for a leg breaking challenge.

As Dirk (and many others) says - just a one game ban (not that it makes any difference due to the ANC)

So what's amiss?

Amiss is a lady who has no husband

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 06 Jan 2008 20:21

paultheroyal and a big gggrrrr to the Reading fans who told me to get off at Seven Sisters not knowing that the train carried on to White Hart Lane

It doesn't. You have to change at SS for White Hart Lane (2 more stops away).

murts_the_god

by murts_the_god » 06 Jan 2008 20:23

Man Friday
paultheroyal and a big gggrrrr to the Reading fans who told me to get off at Seven Sisters not knowing that the train carried on to White Hart Lane

i drove lol and it took me 3 hours to get as far as the whiff a 406 was jammed right up to ealing

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 06 Jan 2008 21:14

murts_the_god
Man Friday

i drove lol and it took me 3 hours to get as far as the whiff a 406 was jammed right up to ealing

Does that,roughly, translate to;

I drove, and regretted it. It took me 3 hours to get as far as the ?????. The A 406 was jammed, the queue went all the way back to Ealing.

?

I am clearly out of touch as I haven't a clue where the 'whiff' is? It also took me a couple of readings to realise that it wasn't a Peugeot 406 that was jammed right up Ealing (very uncomfortable for Ealing I am sure).

224 posts