Wigan Match Thread

349 posts
Fitzroy

Re: Wigan Match Thread

by Fitzroy » 26 Apr 2008 16:21

RobRoyal
Fitzroy People STOP. Please.

Why do we give a rats a rse what other teams are doing?

If we can't beat, Wigan, Derby away, then we deserve what we end up with, relegation, REGARDLESS of what anyone else does.

Because I'm not interesting in what we deserve, I'm interesting in what actually happens to us. And like it or not the results of Birmingham and Bolton are absolutely f*cking crucial.

Critical? If it stays as is and we don't win another game we are relegated. So concentrating on our results would be most important you would think, not what others do. We don't and can't control what they do.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 26 Apr 2008 16:21

Chaney
shadesrwrf We're gonna score in a minute.

yeah any minute between now and the end of the season

I wouldn't bet on it with the way we are playing

(Heres hoping to be proved wrong)

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 26 Apr 2008 16:21

Chaney
shadesrwrf We're gonna score in a minute.

yeah any minute between now and the end of the season

next season

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 26 Apr 2008 16:21

I said before the game I'd be happy with a draw. Now I'm devastated.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 26 Apr 2008 16:21

Royal Lady Birmingham 2 up, but hey cmonurz the Liverpool team is FAR superior to that of Birmingham. :roll:

It is, without question. But Birmingham have gone hell for leather for a victory, and look like they have earned a critical 3 points. In contrast, we dropped half our side last week at Arsenal, resigned to coming away with 0 points. Complacent RFC, and complacent fans blaming other clubs for the dire position we find ourself in.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 26 Apr 2008 16:22

Fitzroy
RobRoyal

If we can't beat, Wigan, Derby away, then we deserve what we end up with, relegation, REGARDLESS of what anyone else does.

Because I'm not interesting in what we deserve, I'm interesting in what actually happens to us. And like it or not the results of Birmingham and Bolton are absolutely f*cking crucial.

Critical? If it stays as is and we don't win another game we are relegated. So concentrating on our results would be most important you would think, not what others do. We don't and can't control what they do.

We can't control what our players do either :roll:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Apr 2008 16:22

He said CRUCIAL, not critical. And whether you agree or not, you can be relegated even if you win games, but others win too - so other results ALWAYS matter.

TomTheRoyal

by TomTheRoyal » 26 Apr 2008 16:22

cmonurz
Royal Lady Birmingham 2 up, but hey cmonurz the Liverpool team is FAR superior to that of Birmingham. :roll:

It is, without question. But Birmingham have gone hell for leather for a victory, and look like they have earned a critical 3 points. In contrast, we dropped half our side last week at Arsenal, resigned to coming away with 0 points. Complacent RFC, and complacent fans blaming other clubs for the dire position we find ourself in.

you can't judge the strength of a team on one result - liverpools team is much stronger, which team would you rather have?

g

by g » 26 Apr 2008 16:23

LOL @ Liverpool

Very near...far away

by Very near...far away » 26 Apr 2008 16:23

Will we score another goal this season?

murts_the_god

by murts_the_god » 26 Apr 2008 16:24

now lets all say it together READING ARE SHIT AND OBVIOUSLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH come on you can all do it

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 26 Apr 2008 16:24

TomTheRoyal
cmonurz

you can't judge the strength of a team on one result - liverpools team is much stronger, which team would you rather have?

Me or RL?

Once again one of our relegation rivals is picking up points against a 'big side', whereas we rested half our players when we went to Arsenal.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 26 Apr 2008 16:24

forget Brum, they have Fulham next week and Blackburn at home to finish, its between us and Bolton, and man don`t we deserve to give give them one

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Apr 2008 16:25

cmonurz

For about the THIRD time in this thread, I'm not blaming others for our position in the league - I'm perfectly aware that our failings in the transfer market and on the pitch and in some of the team selection has put us where we are, but I still maintain that Liverpool are playing a much weakened team which has given Birmingham a get-out clause at our expense.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 26 Apr 2008 16:25

g LOL @ Liverpool

A bigger LOL at 'Ambitious' Reading FC.

oh and 2-1 Brum

TomTheRoyal

by TomTheRoyal » 26 Apr 2008 16:25

TomTheRoyal
cmonurz

Liverpool

* 25 Reina
* 03 Finnan
* 04 Hyypia
* 37 Skrtel
* 06 Riise
* 16 Pennant
* 47 Plessis
* 21 Lucas
* 11 Benayoun
* 15 Crouch
* 10 Voronin

Thats a mid-table premiership team imho

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 26 Apr 2008 16:25

murts_the_god now lets all say it together READING ARE SHIT AND OBVIOUSLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH come on you can all do it

I refuse to lose my blinkered unfaltering belief so no.

zummerset

by zummerset » 26 Apr 2008 16:25

Crouch scores

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 26 Apr 2008 16:25

Fitzroy
RobRoyal

Critical? If it stays as is and we don't win another game we are relegated.

Wrong.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 26 Apr 2008 16:25

Royal Lady
cmonurz

For about the THIRD time in this thread, I'm not blaming others for our position in the league - I'm perfectly aware that our failings in the transfer market and on the pitch and in some of the team selection has put us where we are, but I still maintain that Liverpool are playing a much weakened team which has given Birmingham a get-out clause at our expense.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=74975

349 posts