Reading second favourites to win league

214 posts
Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Reading second favourites to win league

by Royalee » 13 Jun 2008 13:00

RobRoyal
Royalee Derby have only made the seven signings so far...

Apparently nobody does business at this time of year though. :lol:

SAVE OUR STEVE!

LOL@ Royalee for using Derby as a yardstick for anything except how to be the laughing stock of the entire country.

Yeah, just like Sunderland were the season they went down before their overhaul.

Where are they now? Oh yeah, a division above us.

Blue and White Toucan

by Blue and White Toucan » 13 Jun 2008 14:32

LOL@ Royalee for using Derby as a yardstick for anything except how to be the laughing stock of the entire country

No that would be a club that do the following:-

In August say 'We are good enough with what we have' and then after realising this may not be the case in January and then decide the best way to do something about the possbility of being relegated is - Very little (Even though there is apparently a budget available)and Lets see if we may be alright afterall.

Then after being drawn into new contracts for some players and knowing others want to leave anyway, all of which then turn around and laugh at the club for paying them more etc and then don't bother for the rest of the season as they clearly do not care.

Then after reading the writing on the wall for the last 5 months we get relegated.

And just to compound our embaressment we get 200 people standing in parking space 'asking nicely if the manager will stay so we can have some more'

Sorry very harsh but pretty much how it happened.

Derby were poor from the start and they are now rebuilding with a new manager, they knew they were relegated almost as soon as the seaon started.

Personally, after the Business minds 'cash in' our most valuable assets and we sign a few players from Milton Keynes Dons for £400k each we will all be enjoying mid table, if we are lucky.

But it could have all been very different.

I await the battering!!!!!!

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 13 Jun 2008 14:39

Er, can I just point out that Derby won just one (that's 1 ) game all season and didn't even score many points to get anywhere near Sunderland's worst ever points tally in the Premiership. And you say we're the bigger laughing shock? :shock:

Whatever. Some Reading fans never cease to amaze me with their vitriolic posts.

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 13 Jun 2008 16:05

SpaceCruiser Er, can I just point out that Derby won just one (that's 1 ) game all season and didn't even score many points to get anywhere near Sunderland's worst ever points tally in the Premiership. And you say we're the bigger laughing shock? :shock:

Whatever. Some Reading fans never cease to amaze me with their vitriolic posts.

Indeed

Blue and White Toucan

by Blue and White Toucan » 13 Jun 2008 17:48

Maybe a little vitiolic but in essence it is exactly what happened.

We all sat there in August with anticipation of another good season then saw West Ham rumble us and start ringing the alarm bells and we then all witnessed the spineless perfomances particulaly against Bolton and Fulham.

I am still loyal to the Club but can't help feel let down by certain individuals and by some decisions - Sorry thats just how I feel.

percy freeman fanclub

by percy freeman fanclub » 14 Jun 2008 08:13

Brilliant post BAWT,I thought I was the only person who saw it that way.Rabbits inthe headlights ,both of them.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 14 Jun 2008 09:05

Slightly disappointed about the budget for the coming season, the article about Noew Hunt was an eye opener, we offered what appears to be derisory offer, and then it said that much more would be out of our budget!!

Sounds like Mr Madejski is still thinking small time, the going rate at this level is now over £1m for most players, either with experience or with potential, we seem to expect £2m for Lita, even tho he did sod all last season, and over £5m for Shorey.

Get rid of all that want to go and start signing the players to take the title again, the sooner the better as well.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 15 Jun 2008 16:33

Royalee
RobRoyal

SAVE OUR STEVE!

LOL@ Royalee for using Derby as a yardstick for anything except how to be the laughing stock of the entire country.

Yeah, just like Sunderland were the season they went down before their overhaul.

Where are they now? Oh yeah, a division above us.

Seriously Royalee, think about what point you're trying to make here. What has the above got to do with anything? Sunderland had an overhaul and went up, therefore all overhauls are good?

Blue and White Toucan
I await the battering!!!!!!

Well, you may feel that your club are the laughing stock of the entire country, I actually don't. It must be damn tough to be an RFC supporter if that's how you feel, and so I don't envy you. I think out there in the wider world of football people would generally agree that if you're going to aspire to a club's model it would be ours over Derby's.

SAVE OUR STEVE!

By the way, you may have noticed that virtually nobody has done any business yet - Derby are an exception.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 15 Jun 2008 17:10

I have looked but vcant see the 7 that Derby have signed to get them back to the Premier League, HELP

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 15 Jun 2008 20:26

The 17 Bus I have looked but vcant see the 7 that Derby have signed to get them back to the Premier League, HELP

Here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_En ... ummer_2008

Ellington should score a few at this level. Not at all convinced by the others.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 15 Jun 2008 20:58

RobRoyal
The 17 Bus I have looked but vcant see the 7 that Derby have signed to get them back to the Premier League, HELP

Here:

Like he did last season?

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 15 Jun 2008 21:33

They spent their parachute payment in January apparently, so if they don't go up, they are once again screwed.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 16 Jun 2008 02:30

Wycombe Royal
RobRoyal

Here:

Like he did last season?

Hey, I'm just being as charitable as I can manage! Suffice to say I'm not overly impressed by Derby buying a whole lot of average players in June. I'll be quite happy with 3 or 4 decent acquisitions in August - presuming that we don't lose too many, of course. Our squad shouldn't be too far off competing for promotion.

StevenKelliher

by StevenKelliher » 16 Jun 2008 05:41

I am tempted to put a couple of quid on Reading to do it. But i don't want to jinx them. So i think i might put a couple of quid on Doncaster Rovers to at least reach the play-offs. I quite fancy them to do well next season, and could suprise a few people.

214 posts