Coppell Looks For Excuses Already

223 posts
brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Coppell Looks For Excuses Already

by brendywendy » 11 Jul 2008 10:04

Sarah Star I can't believe you're still at it now!

Why can't the season start sooner?

i know

its killing me

at leat swe get to see th enew kit today

then everyone can start on about how awful it is, instead of how awful we are

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 11 Jul 2008 10:10

brendywendy

i know

its killing me

We've gotta wait till 4.30 tho :x

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 11 Jul 2008 10:13

Bill Oddie's Beard
brendywendy

i know

its killing me

We've gotta wait till 4.30 tho :x

I know!

We'll just have to argue about whether Coppell should go/stay, Shorey plays well/badly, Roger was right/wrong about whether our forwards can score double figures each, which players should go/stay etc etc until then.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Jul 2008 10:17

It's almost getting to the point where I get on with some actual work.....

What would relieve the boredom a bit, and move things on at the same time, was if we actually looked like signing someone!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 04 Aug 2008 16:55

So this panned out like expected, the excuses came. No quality players were signed and we are heading into the season with no established right winger, an unproven striker from scotland possibly stephan hunt at left back. Deja Vu. Wow.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Aug 2008 17:00

FiNeRaIn So this panned out like expected, the excuses came. No quality players were signed and we are heading into the season with no established right winger, an unproven striker from scotland possibly stephan hunt at left back. Deja Vu. Wow.

ill probably wait till the transfer window closes before i start gloating/apologising

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 04 Aug 2008 17:19

I don't think there is any gloating invlolved, just a supporter tired of the lies and spin spouted from the club.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 05 Aug 2008 16:14

Big Ern I don't think there is any gloating invlolved, just a supporter tired of the lies and spin spouted from the club.

i simply said i would wait before gloating/apologising
nothing to do with you.

and i disagree that theyre lies.
spin might be right though-but thats what happens at a club with some media nous.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 06 Aug 2008 09:19

Reading this thread really puts things into to perspective.

Even the most die hard of rtg, agreed we needed to do a lot more than we have done.

It's why when people say they are happy with what we are doing, they are just saying that for the sake of it.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 06 Aug 2008 09:27

Poeple's views will change following our 4-0 win at Forest.

Shorey will have also been sold with a replacement following shortly behind.

Then we will all be happy. :lol:

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 06 Aug 2008 09:39

then we woke up :lol:

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 06 Aug 2008 09:39

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Reading this thread really puts things into to perspective.

Even the most die hard of rtg, agreed we needed to do a lot more than we have done.

It's why when people say they are happy with what we are doing, they are just saying that for the sake of it.

Eh? It says absolutely nothing of the sort in my view.

The fact still remains that the big question mark hanging over the season is to how many of our proven championship players we retain and of those that do remain how many have the stomach for the fight. That still remains the case and remains to be seen.

I'm not one to hold too much store by pre-season friendlies but they've gone pretty well and certain players that have been written off completely by some have done far better than some have said they were capable of while others who were completely off the radar have shown they too might well have a part to play.

The great thing about this division is that its more about the overall team than about indivduals. Honestly can anyone look at the players signed in the summer and the personnel they carried and predict the type of season Stoke, Hull & Bristol City were going to have last season. Likewise at the other end Leicester were doing a Derby and buying in a whole team which on paper should have gone well but look how that turned out.

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 06 Aug 2008 10:15

Vision
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Reading this thread really puts things into to perspective.

The fact still remains that the big question mark hanging over the season is to how many of our proven championship players we retain and of those that do remain how many have the stomach for the fight. That still remains the case and remains to be seen.

I'm not one to hold too much store by pre-season friendlies but they've gone pretty well and certain players that have been written off completely by some have done far better than some have said they were capable of while others who were completely off the radar have shown they too might well have a part to play.

The great thing about this division is that its more about the overall team than about indivduals. Honestly can anyone look at the players signed in the summer and the personnel they carried and predict the type of season Stoke, Hull & Bristol City were going to have last season. Likewise at the other end Leicester were doing a Derby and buying in a whole team which on paper should have gone well but look how that turned out.

Mate there was no one on this thread saying we just need a striker if we sell Kitson.

That was my point.

Agree with what else you say, that's not what I was saying though.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 06 Aug 2008 10:23

Vision

Mate there was no one on this thread saying we just need a striker if we sell Kitson.

That was my point.

Agree with what else you say, that's not what I was saying though.

Then to be honest i've no idea what your were saying :wink:

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 06 Aug 2008 10:30

What I'm saying is that at the beginning of the summer, even the most positive of fans were saying that we needed to bring in not a massive amount of fresh blood, but certainly a lot more than just the one we have signed so far.

Lets just hope the we get in a few more faces before the window shuts.

Makes no sense imo not too, even if we don't lose any more players.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 06 Aug 2008 10:49

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe What I'm saying is that at the beginning of the summer, even the most positive of fans were saying that we needed to bring in not a massive amount of fresh blood, but certainly a lot more than just the one we have signed so far.

personally i thought we would lose way more of our prem stars than we have
so we havent needed to replace them

shorey will go-he will be replaced-if anyone else goes they will be replaced-otherwise we is going with what weve got

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 06 Aug 2008 10:52

brendywendy
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe What I'm saying is that at the beginning of the summer, even the most positive of fans were saying that we needed to bring in not a massive amount of fresh blood, but certainly a lot more than just the one we have signed so far.

shorey will go-he will be replaced-if anyone else goes they will be replaced-otherwise we is going with what weve got

I'm not talking about just replacing players and neither were you.

Where's the right winger? The center mid to complement MArek and HArper?

The fresh faces that will give us impetus.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 06 Aug 2008 11:30

Err...Kebe, Karacan?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 06 Aug 2008 11:34

brendywendy

1.kebe, 2.karacan

3.n hunt, and new LB

personally i would get another RW cos i dont think henrys up to it as back up in this league-coppell clearly disagrees though(and ill be very happy to be proved wrong)-and kebe has started to look like a half decent, if gangly player in preseason, alot of stuff goes through him, and i like the bloke.
they scouted him-they like him-they think he is good enough-ill go with their judgement

id prefer to leave karacan than get another CM in he scertainly better than cisse in my eyes-though ive only seen him a handfull of times, in non competetive matches.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 06 Aug 2008 11:59

And my stance has always been that id prefer to see our own academy players and those players we actually have bought in the last year given the chance to show they're up to it because none of them have really been given an opportunity to either settle or have a run in the side.

223 posts