Hunt dissapointed

260 posts
Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Hunt dissapointed

by Archie's penalty » 03 Sep 2008 17:42

Arch
Huntley & Palmer it really stuns me how up their own arse RFC fans are when it comes to players wanting to play at a club that is better than us.

Another one missing the point. No one's complaining about his disappointment, or even that he expresses his disappointment. Come out and say "I'm really disappointed I didn't get a move to Everton and staying in the Irish team is going to be harder form the Championship". Fine. No objections. But the stuff about the offer from Everton was invented, and the idea that Reading should have let him go is farcical. It's offensive for him to suggest that after what he's done the club owes it to him to act in his interest and against their own. What he's done for the club is like every other player who played he's bottled it in essential games against Bolton and Fulham and now we're in the Championship. The players demanding moves to the PRemiership and suggesting the club owes it to them are acting as though they have no responsibility for what happened. By all means, if you get the chance good luck to you. But if you don't get the chance, look at yourself first. The last thing we need is players stirring up trouble with big-time Charlie attitudes. They think they're Premiership, but it was they who got relegated.

Are you going to change your picture now that Doyle has said what he said Arch?

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 03 Sep 2008 17:44

I'm outraged by Hunt, however I definitely expect a statement saying it was ll taken out of context and he's happy here. Quite simply, he was on the brink of signing for Bradford City and we picked him up. We gave him his Premiership opportunity and stuck by him with the whole Petr Cech thing, and if he thinks his career would anything like as successful as it is without us he is deluded. He wasn't even the player he is now when we signed him, he was a trier but his ability to cross and create has been nurtured by us. SO for him to be angry when we don't want to sell him for less than he's worth is a disgrace. I somehow don't believe he meant it to come across like that though.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 03 Sep 2008 17:45

without being bothered to trapse through all the posts on this thread so it might have been mentioned before, i wonder if Hunty remembers where he was travelling to to sign when Coppell called to sign him. Bradford City.

He should think again before saying ' i would have expected a little better'.

reading-dave22

by reading-dave22 » 03 Sep 2008 17:48

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... y_hunt_bid

both reading and everton are dennying making a final day bid for him.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 03 Sep 2008 17:50

Arch What he's done for the club is like every other player who played he's bottled it in essential games against Bolton and Fulham and now we're in the Championship.

To be honest I don't think anyone can accuse Hunt of not trying in any game he plays. He just doesn't do "half hearted". That's Shorey's category.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 03 Sep 2008 17:51

Royal With Cheese
Arch What he's done for the club is like every other player who played he's bottled it in essential games against Bolton and Fulham and now we're in the Championship.

To be honest I don't think anyone can accuse Hunt of not trying in any game he plays. He just doesn't do "half hearted". That's Shorey's category.

He does do 'anonymous' and 'airshot', though.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 03 Sep 2008 17:51

Royal With Cheese

'greed

If you watch Reading week in week out then you will see the commitment of Shunt.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 03 Sep 2008 17:52

Archie's penalty
Arch
Huntley & Palmer it really stuns me how up their own arse RFC fans are when it comes to players wanting to play at a club that is better than us.

Another one missing the point. No one's complaining about his disappointment, or even that he expresses his disappointment. Come out and say "I'm really disappointed I didn't get a move to Everton and staying in the Irish team is going to be harder form the Championship". Fine. No objections. But the stuff about the offer from Everton was invented, and the idea that Reading should have let him go is farcical. It's offensive for him to suggest that after what he's done the club owes it to him to act in his interest and against their own. What he's done for the club is like every other player who played he's bottled it in essential games against Bolton and Fulham and now we're in the Championship. The players demanding moves to the PRemiership and suggesting the club owes it to them are acting as though they have no responsibility for what happened. By all means, if you get the chance good luck to you. But if you don't get the chance, look at yourself first. The last thing we need is players stirring up trouble with big-time Charlie attitudes. They think they're Premiership, but it was they who got relegated.

Are you going to change your picture now that Doyle has said what he said Arch?

Doyle with his tongue out seems ironically appropriate.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 03 Sep 2008 17:53

I think it is because of the commitment he shows, that everyone is suprised by his comments.

I expected it from Doyle, but not Hunty.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 03 Sep 2008 17:57

I'm laughing at everyone who is saying Hunt's a bad player. In the Premiership he had a great first season from the moment he went in against Chelsea (official Reading MOTM that day if I remember properly) and he then went on to be 2nd in our player of the season - when we were good. Then up until Christmas last year he looked impressive again, putting in some decent performances from the right. Then Roy Keane and Sunderland said a few stuff and his performance levels plummeted, however this was at a time when the whole team was playing poorly, with Kitson, Doyle, Harper, Shorey, Murty and others all way below their best. Yet we seem to judge him on those few months. In the Championship this man will be a class above most of the others and anyone who thinks otherwise is, quite simply, wrong. His corners so far this season look quality too.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Sep 2008 18:01

I don't think everyone is saying Hunt's a bad player.

Just one presumably pissed up numpty last night.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 03 Sep 2008 18:02

Can I also say that having read the interview in full I am convinced he will knuckle down and give his all, and the majority of this storm has been created by the typical media technique of only putting up the controversial bits and leaving out some well reasoned comments.

hutch

by hutch » 03 Sep 2008 18:15

I`m sure he`ll continue to give 100% to the cause as he always does, but I think he`ll be away in January come what may. The better he plays from now til Jan the better a move he could get, thats life I`m afraid.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 03 Sep 2008 18:26

Royal Rother I don't think everyone is saying Hunt's a bad player.

Just Yorkshire Royal that pissed up numpty last night.

:lol:

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 03 Sep 2008 18:27

Royal Rother I don't think everyone is saying Hunt's a bad player.

Just one presumably pissed up numpty last night.
I assume you're referring to Yorkshire Royal, but floyd said some pretty disparaging things and I have to confess that I did indeed call him a "talentless pikey" in the wee small hours. There's a fine line between midfield dynamo and headless chicken that he definitely crossed last season. However, there's no denying he's very good for us especially at this level. I can;t see him being in Everton's league though, really. Maybe as back-up which is why they'd be unwilling to front 5 million.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 03 Sep 2008 18:34

Thaumagurist* Oh and it's probable that Coppell may have mentioned Hunt's £5M release clause, if there is one.

Why on earth would he do that ?
Better that a club says "How about £6m for Hunt?", than we say "You can have him for £5m"

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 03 Sep 2008 19:21

Arch
Vision LOL @ this thread.

Player misses out on what he thinks was a possible a move to a top club... and expresses his disappointment. Big deal.
You're completely missing the point. No one would object to him expressing his disappointment. But this?
S Hunt It was a big club and it was disappointing that Reading could not have helped me out a little bit to benefit my career,

For what I have done for them, it would have been nice. I spoke to the manager, to the director of football, and the coaches in terms of leaving.

I have not been a bad apple over the last two or three years. I could have been but I was ultra-professional and I probably deserved a little bit better.

From what I was told, Reading would have got a good figure with the rest to follow over a certain period of time,” he said. “They would have got £5m (€6.1m) within the year but they did not want to budge. There were other clubs as well but you cannot say anything until they bid £5m. That’s in my contract that had to be paid straight up front to allow me to go. Most of it (the Everton offer) would have been up front with only a little bit left.

I’m back in the zone where I am angry and disappointed
It's the attitude of entitlement, that the club ought to have helped him out to their own cost, the suggestion that a being a bad apple would help engineer a move (ironic in the circumstances), the pitiful idea fact that he's not just disappointed but angry. isn't that just the modern way? We get a disappointment and we have to be angry about it, find someone to blame. And then the whole shit about the Everton "offer" which we can all be reasonably sure is the utter bollocks. Seriously, LOL @ you Vision for not seeing that fans of the club would be seriously annoyed by this.

Spot on Arch

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 03 Sep 2008 19:25

papereyes
Royal With Cheese

He does do 'anonymous' and 'airshot', though.

Sorry, don't agree with 'anonymous' - again that isn't his style and are you seriously suggesting he does airshots on purpose?

The Quiet Man

by The Quiet Man » 03 Sep 2008 20:54

:lol: at Hunt believing his own agents bullsh*t. Plant the stories in the press, spin Everton that we will sell, tell the player he is as good as sold, and err RFC at fault for not allowing him to develop his career as a squad player at Everton. Nice try but £5 million upfront next time and you can go where ever the f*ck you want.

:lol: at anybody putting S Hunt; Doyle ; Bikey; Matejovsky; Lita; Harper & Rosenior on their shirts this year as they all want out and if the valuations are met then the January sales beckon big time, unfortunately as Coppell has said some of them may have difficulty living up to their publicity or what they think they are worth.

Still brick by f*****gbrick eh.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Sep 2008 21:37

The Quiet Man :lol: at Hunt believing his own agents bullsh*t. Plant the stories in the press, spin Everton that we will sell, tell the player he is as good as sold, and err RFC at fault for not allowing him to develop his career as a squad player at Everton. Nice try but £5 million upfront next time and you can go where ever the f*ck you want.

:lol: at anybody putting S Hunt; Doyle ; Bikey; Matejovsky; Lita; Harper & Rosenior on their shirts this year as they all want out and if the valuations are met then the January sales beckon big time, unfortunately as Coppell has said some of them may have difficulty living up to their publicity or what they think they are worth.

Still brick by f*****gbrick eh.

LOL @ anyone putting a current player's name on their shirt. Tribute to Reading Greats or your own name only. I have no Idea why anyone would want their own name either really. It costs too much for humour or to be ironic.

260 posts