Madejski Out and I mean Out

281 posts
Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Brick by Brick

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 23 Aug 2009 14:24

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY He's using RFC money to support his activities in other areas - ie Hotel -shouldnt be allowed

given the whole point of the hotel is to support the football club, the idea that one shouldn't be allowed to support the other has a rather obvious flaw.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Aug 2009 14:28

Rev - I don't understand this. Madejski loaned the club £6 million or so, but loaned the hotel £17 million, so how is the hotel "supporting" the football club? It's directing cash away from the club to my mind.

Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 23 Aug 2009 14:30

Northern Git As for how you can get an overdraft when you made a profit - easy! An overdraft is simply a loan. It tends to be non specific so is used for day to day cash needs and negates the company having to take out many smaller loans. They will have agreed a overdraft limit with a bank and can operate within this limit as and when they see fit. I believe this limit was slashed by the bank on relegation. You probably find out that the fees RFC gained from the sale of Kitson, Sonko and Shorey were used to pay this back. The perils of having no JM cash to back us up I am afraid!

The question is why the club would feel the need to arrange such an overdraft after not having one at all the previous season, in a season in which they made a sizeable profit for the second year in a row? Why did they feel they needed one in 2007/8, but not in 2006/7?

Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 23 Aug 2009 14:34

Royal Lady Rev - I don't understand this. Madejski loaned the club £6 million or so, but loaned the hotel £17 million, so how is the hotel "supporting" the football club? It's directing cash away from the club to my mind.

The whole point of having the hotel is that it provides income to the football club. You might as well ask how the Madejski stadium helps the football club when it cost £30 million to build. You pay a lot for an asset up front, with the idea being that the increased returns will make that asset pay for itself in time.

the whole point of my reply, on the other hand, is that if you "don't allow" one to support the other, than you can't use the hotel's profits to support the football club either.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 23 Aug 2009 14:45

Forbury Lion My theory - Mr Mad is panicing (or being prudent) in the current economic climate and had come to the conclusion that as no buyer is available to buy the club as a whole it makes sense to sell it piece by piece starting with players.

He sold the Degas statue, work hasn't progressed on the station approach redevelopment, the club is selling players for millions and reinvesting peanuts.

I guess multimillionaires are not recession proof.

Add to that the numerous other property investments he made in the couple of years leading up to the market crash. I wonder why he's not mentioned that hotel on the Galapagos for a while now. It aint just the team he's selling off.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 23 Aug 2009 14:45

If somebody wants to pay and post them. Here is the link -

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/28307 ... order?ft=1

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Peeved

by winchester_royal » 23 Aug 2009 15:39

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY
if going down meant that you fooked off, it would be even better and would be well worth it ! Cock!

:?

I would never stop supporting my club, regardless of what league they were in.

Doubt you could say the same TBH.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 23 Aug 2009 15:42

winchester_royal
IMAMATEOFJOVSKY
if going down meant that you fooked off, it would be even better and would be well worth it ! Cock!

Easy to say when you're a teenager.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Aug 2009 15:45

Platypuss
winchester_royal
IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

Easy to say when you're a teenager.

Maybe, but there's nowhere else I'd rather be on a saturday afternoon than watching our young talents playing decent football at the Mad.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Madejski Out and I mean Out

by Deathy » 23 Aug 2009 18:44

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 23 Aug 2009 19:13

Simples really. Either Madejski backs our manager to the full and lets him negotiate his own transfers, from a given transfer kitty based on players sold, or Sir John should go.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 23 Aug 2009 19:39

Royal Monk Actually i do feel that iv'e been scammed. All the money i have put into RFC over the last 20 years will not be payed back to me yet the greedy chairman wants back everything he has put in ..... doesn't seem right to me

This is how I am beginning to feel.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 23 Aug 2009 19:40

We deserve truth and honesty from the Board. I doubt we will get either.

Northern Git

by Northern Git » 23 Aug 2009 19:53

Northern Git As for how you can get an overdraft when you made a profit - easy! An overdraft is simply a loan. It tends to be non specific so is used for day to day cash needs and negates the company having to take out many smaller loans. They will have agreed a overdraft limit with a bank and can operate within this limit as and when they see fit. I believe this limit was slashed by the bank on relegation. You probably find out that the fees RFC gained from the sale of Kitson, Sonko and Shorey were used to pay this back. The perils of having no JM cash to back us up I am afraid!

The question is why the club would feel the need to arrange such an overdraft after not having one at all the previous season, in a season in which they made a sizeable profit for the second year in a row? Why did they feel they needed one in 2007/8, but not in 2006/7?

Sorry cannot give you an answer there! Without the management accounts it is not possible to see what the overdraught was taken out for. Could be for anything.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 23 Aug 2009 20:05

Time for the club to be honest to its major stakeholders. US!

Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 23 Aug 2009 20:20

Terminal Boardom Time for the club to be honest to its major stakeholders. US!

It'd be interesting to know if we had been totally honest and said "we've had to sell these these players to pay off debt incurred for x reason, and this season will be a season of consolidation, rebuilding with the players from the acedemy", what the reaction would have been.

It's the insistence that we are going for promotion while at the same time clearly embarking on an asset-stripping sale of the family silver, that annoys many. PR spin is one thing, but the statements from the club not only come across as blatant lies treating the fans as mugs, but also makes those running the club look stupid.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 23 Aug 2009 20:31

It'd be interesting to know if we had been totally honest and said "we've had to sell these these players to pay off debt incurred for x reason, and this season will be a season of consolidation, rebuilding with the players from the acedemy", what the reaction would have been.

It's the insistence that we are going for promotion while at the same time clearly embarking on an asset-stripping sale of the family silver, that annoys many. PR spin is one thing, but the statements from the club not only come across as blatant lies treating the fans as mugs, but also makes those running the club look stupid.

The impression I get is that this club is going n the same direction as the current Labour government. Hence my hourly request on one thread or another for the club to be honest with us.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 23 Aug 2009 20:40

Terminal Boardom

The impression I get is that this club is going n the same direction as the current Labour government. Hence my hourly request on one thread or another for the club to be honest with us.

How honest do you want the club to be? BR said in a recent interview that we had to pay off the OD before we can spend. We've done that now and he's looking for the right players at the right price.

Would you want the club to come out and say "We've got 10 million for players" then every team would be holding us hostage saying we know how much you've got. How many other teams come out and reveal their budgets etc?

I don't recall anyone saying promotion this season was the aim. I believe the line out of the club always has been building towards promotion.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 23 Aug 2009 20:47

Rev Algenon Stickleback H The question is why the club would feel the need to arrange such an overdraft after not having one at all the previous seasons
Maybe they did have one but paid it off the day before the results were finalised, then the day after ramped it back off again.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 23 Aug 2009 20:49

Wimb How honest do you want the club to be? BR said in a recent interview that we had to pay off the OD before we can spend. We've done that now and he's looking for the right players at the right price.

Would you want the club to come out and say "We've got 10 million for players" then every team would be holding us hostage saying we know how much you've got. How many other teams come out and reveal their budgets etc?

I don't recall anyone saying promotion this season was the aim. I believe the line out of the club always has been building towards promotion.

I take what BR or any other lower level employee says with a pinch of salt. They are only quoting state policy. I want to know what has happened to the Premiership, Sky TV and Transfer money that has been accrued over the last 3 or 4 years. So much has been said about overdraft repayments. Overdraft for what?

As for your comment about transfer fees received, a blind man could see that we have raked in about 11 million for the sale of Doyle, Hunt and Bikey. SSN speculates on the values ffs. So no big secret there is there!

Building for promotion? From which level cos it sure as hell isn't this one!

281 posts