BR Leaves Club

507 posts
Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: BR Leaves Club

by Kitsondinho » 16 Dec 2009 20:08

WE WANT OUR COPPELL BACK, WE WANT OUR COPPELL BACK, COZ RODGERS GOT THE SACK, WE WANT OUR COPPELL BACK................ :wink:

Bye Brenda, take your 'Bumper Book of World Class Tactics' with you and close the door on the way out!!!

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 16 Dec 2009 20:08

Just found out, am absolutely livid with this! Brendan was doing a good job, has got us playing well (ok, not league-topplingly well but hey ho). I agree with LR22 here, why now? Why just before christmas, probably one of the most important christmases for the club in a while, when we had started to turn it around. This is just pure stupidity. Madejski needs to give some answers and now. He better have someone good lined up, not Ferguson, as he just doesn't cut the mustard.
Simply, I'm lost for words.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 16 Dec 2009 20:08

LoyalRoyal22 Not happy at all. What a joke. The last few months has now been a complete waste of time. Any Manager coming in now will need time to stamp his authority. Should have kept Brendan untill the xmas period was over at least, as there has been signs recently that we were improving. :x

Poor post, why bring someone in leaving them no time to identify any possible players needed? Mid december, few weeks until the transfer deadline opens, someone will have at least a small amount of time for 1/2 loan signings and maybe an obvious striker in january. Leaving it until after the xmas period would be retarded.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 16 Dec 2009 20:09

Kitson12 Brendan was doing a good job

I stopped reading when you started fishing mate.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 16 Dec 2009 20:10

Message to <Insert new managers name here> and JM:

WE NEEDTO SPEND MONEY!!!

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 16 Dec 2009 20:10

Ian Royal
LoyalRoyal22 Not happy at all. What a joke. The last few months has now been a complete waste of time. Any Manager coming in now will need time to stamp his authority. Should have kept Brendan untill the xmas period was over at least, as there has been signs recently that we were improving. :x

And then do what? You do realise new manager's don't just materialise over-night when the old one lives with expert knowledge of the squad already in their head do you?

The last few months have been a total waste, because someone who wasn't up to the job was employed.

Our recent signs of improvement were already disappearing rapidly after only appearing for about 5 games.

A fair reflection of Saturdays game, and on any other day, would have been about 5-1 Reading. Not a great time to get rid of your manager on the back of a good display. I just think its too early, we have four games coming up in December, could have let Brendan have that period to show some more signs, at the end of the day even if we did not pick up to much, we will not get relegated, im sure of that. I have seen 3-4 other teams that are worse than us.

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 16 Dec 2009 20:12

Rodgers had the right idea about the way to play football, but couldn't get it working.
I for one really wanted it to work, but the performances and tactics ended up being a joke.
The bad results just got too much for him, and I doubt his backroom staff helped at all.
All in all - the correct decision was for him to go. I do feel sorry for him though - he seemed like a decent enough chap and had RFC at heart.

If Curbishly is willing we should break the bank for him.
If not then Ferguson Jr with some decent coaches.
We could do a lot worse than give Ivar and Guunar coaching roles and to bring back Wally to sort out our shocking defence.

Oh - and somebody who knows anything about scoring goals. I always thought that was the way the game should be judged, rather than the number of passes made.
How about Jimmy Quinn as attacking coach (or has he got another job again)?

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 16 Dec 2009 20:12

FiNeRaIn

Poor post, why bring someone in leaving them no time to identify any possible players needed? Mid december, few weeks until the transfer deadline opens, someone will have at least a small amount of time for 1/2 loan signings and maybe an obvious striker in january. Leaving it until after the xmas period would be retarded.

Poor post mate. Do you really want some manager making some heat of the moment journey men signings in january, when the current crop of youngsters are slowly improving.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 16 Dec 2009 20:13

Kitson12 Just found out, am absolutely livid with this! Brendan was doing a good job, has got us playing well (ok, not league-topplingly well but hey ho). I agree with LR22 here, why now? Why just before christmas, probably one of the most important christmases for the club in a while, when we had started to turn it around. This is just pure stupidity. Madejski needs to give some answers and now. He better have someone good lined up, not Ferguson, as he just doesn't cut the mustard.
Simply, I'm lost for words.

I no mate, its a joke.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 16 Dec 2009 20:13

Personally I was willing to give Brendan more time, but things weren't going so well so I am really struggling to be concerned by this.

All depends on who the replacement is I suppose.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 16 Dec 2009 20:14

Current odds:

Ferguson, D 8/1 Quinn, J 14/1 Newell, M 20/1
Sanchez, L 8/1 Wise, D 14/1 Hoddle, G 20/1
Burley, G 8/1 Jewell, P 14/1 Adams, T 25/1
Cotterill, S 10/1 Davey, S 16/1 Rosenior, L 25/1
Southgate, G 10/1 Clark, L 20/1 O'Leary, D 33/1
Curbishley, A 12/1 Taylor, P 20/1 Roeder, G 33/1
Coppell S 12/1 McAllister, G 20/1 Gregory, J 33/1
O'Driscoll, S 12/1 Dowie, I 20/1 Nicol, S 40/1
Hart, P 12/1 Pardew, A 20/1 Reid, P 50/1

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Dec 2009 20:14

If it's a striker who can score, hell yes.

Do you really want some guy coming in during Janaury having to make snap decisions barely having been introduced to the players let alone seen them in training, or worse stil, come in after January and have to make do with a bunch of Rodgers useless trash?

It was now or next season, so Madj right chose now.

BarryWhiteRFC

by BarryWhiteRFC » 16 Dec 2009 20:15

T.R.O.L.I.
Alan Partridge but for me Ferguson is the stand out man.

Especially if he brings McLean / Mackail-Smith / Boyd with him....

I'll have Ferguson if he can get Joe Lewis here. When I was watching him at Morecambe you could tell that guy was going to end up playing in goal for England. Which I'm still sure he will. Not one aspect of his game was even slightly suspect, which for a keeper of his age is very impressive.

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 16 Dec 2009 20:15

LoyalRoyal22 A fair reflection of Saturdays game, and on any other day, would have been about 5-1 Reading. Not a great time to get rid of your manager on the back of a good display. I just think its too early, we have four games coming up in December, could have let Brendan have that period to show some more signs, at the end of the day even if we did not pick up to much, we will not get relegated, im sure of that. I have seen 3-4 other teams that are worse than us.

Trouble is we have been unable to finish, or finish games off at all at home, and the same reasons have been given everytime.
A bit like SSC didn't know how to fix it at the end of last season, Rodgers didn't know how to fix it now.
Time to go.

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 16 Dec 2009 20:16

When I saw John Gregory included as one of the candidates for the Reading job, I knew how far we had sunk.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 16 Dec 2009 20:16

Ian Royal If it's a striker who can score, hell yes.

Do you really want some guy coming in during Janaury having to make snap decisions barely having been introduced to the players let alone seen them in training, or worse stil, come in after January and have to make do with a bunch of Rodgers useless trash?

Rodgers useless trash?

Bertrand- brilliant signing
mcanuff- player of the season so far
rasiak- joint top scorer

What are you talking about?

philM

by philM » 16 Dec 2009 20:16

SLAMMED Message to <Insert new managers name here> and JM:

WE NEEDTO SPEND MONEY!!!

That'll be <Brian McDermott> for much longer than anyone currently thinks.

And nope, still no money.

Or maybe it'll all be good!

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 16 Dec 2009 20:17

I am just amazed that people are amazed.
With a £2million player not getting a game,nor our strange right-back (a defender who doesn't know how to tackle) nor a loan player from Celtic AND 4th from bottom-the board was bound to ask questions.
Also why do people think Rasiak and McAnuff won't play for a new manager?
Good timing I think and would expect the next manager to have been on stand-by for some time and ready to take over after the weekend.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Dec 2009 20:19

LoyalRoyal22
Ian Royal If it's a striker who can score, hell yes.

Rodgers useless trash?

Bertrand- brilliant signing
mcanuff- player of the season so far
rasiak- joint top scorer

What are you talking about?

well done for highlighting his three good signings out of the seven he has made SO FAR. Although part of the problem with him is failing to make signings in the right places.

Quite clearly the point is having to deal with a squad still riddled with holes Rodgers would have had 7 months and two transfer windows to put right by that point.

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Y21 » 16 Dec 2009 20:19

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!

That is all.

507 posts