Play Off watch, edit courtesy of a Mills finger to League 1

205 posts
URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

Re: Play Off watch, edit courtesy of a Mills finger to League 1

by URZZZZZZZZ » 13 Apr 2010 12:02

5 wins could do it. Will we get 5 wins?? Ask me this time tomorrow!

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 13 Apr 2010 13:50

Steve Claridge's view

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8615013.stm

Reading are on an impressive run but it looks as if the Championship play-offs are just out of their reach. If they can keep the same team and the same manager, could the play-offs or even automatic promotion be on the cards for next season?
Mark Lawrence, UK

I've watched Reading a few times recently and they are absolutely flying. Nobody wants to play them at the moment.

But the season is going to end too soon for them. I think the top six is just too much to ask even with their games in hand. If there were even only five more games to go than there are, then you would certainly back them to make the play-offs.

It has just clicked for them in the last couple of months. Brian McDermott has got them playing the way he wants to and they look a different team now to how they were earlier in the season. They are confident, they want the ball and they look like they are enjoying themselves.

It does not mean they will definitely challenge next season, though, because it doesn't always work out that if you finish one season brilliantly you start the next one in the same way.

You are starting again and there will also be higher expectations for them next time. It is a lot easier when people are not expecting much from you - fans are a lot more forgiving for a start - and some players don't respond under pressure.

Finch

by Finch » 13 Apr 2010 22:15

I might come out of retirement to the play off games. Can you let me know who you're playing please?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Apr 2010 19:31

Finch I might come out of retirement to the play off games. Can you let me know who you're playing please?

Obviously the players caught a hint this might happen so made a good show of trying to win against Newcastle, but avoided it by not shooting straight so no one would have to put up with Finch coming to a game.

Finch

by Finch » 14 Apr 2010 22:25

Ian Royal
Finch I might come out of retirement to the play off games. Can you let me know who you're playing please?

Obviously the players caught a hint this might happen so made a good show of trying to win against Newcastle, but avoided it by not shooting straight so no one would have to put up with Finch coming to a game.

Ian, you're too intellectual and humourous for me. Can you please ignore my posts.

205 posts