How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

3209 posts
The Beardy Man

Re: How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

by The Beardy Man » 11 Dec 2012 08:43

howser c'mon Brian man up and kick some bloody ass and prove you have the ability to get us out of this crap position your championship side has put us in.

This Championship side are playing in the Premier league? Were you expecting a top 10 finish?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 11 Dec 2012 08:49

Ha ha! Radio Ulster are currently discussing the Sunderland/Reading game! Niall Quinn "hopes" O'Neil will stay if they lose this evening.

As I've said before I don't think BM will go or that anyone would take over without a guarantee of a substantial cash injection.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Dec 2012 08:55

When Guthrie and Pog start acting like professional sportsmen rather than babies have a go at Brian for being too loyal and not playing them. Until that time as they say in Scotland ''haud yer whisht''. And forget all that crap about us playing to their strengths, if either of them were as good as they seem to think they are they'd be able to adapt their style to us.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 11 Dec 2012 10:04

sandman When Guthrie and Pog start acting like professional sportsmen rather than babies have a go at Brian for being too loyal and not playing them. Until that time as they say in Scotland ''haud yer whisht''. And forget all that crap about us playing to their strengths, if either of them were as good as they seem to think they are they'd be able to adapt their style to us.

You've basically got football totally backwards. Well done.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Dec 2012 10:30

sandman When Guthrie and Pog start acting like professional sportsmen rather than babies have a go at Brian for being too loyal and not playing them. Until that time as they say in Scotland ''haud yer whisht''. And forget all that crap about us playing to their strengths, if either of them were as good as they seem to think they are they'd be able to adapt their style to us.

100% correct
neither has done anything in their careers, or here at reading FC to justify any tantrum at not being played

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Dec 2012 10:34

howser I was mildly amused with BMcD's comments over the weekend with reference to transfers in January, he is looking for players who have played at this level and know the league ???? we got a couple of those in the summer and he doesn't 'kin select them, instead he keeps turning out mostly the championship winning side out of loyalty, sod loyalty what are we in this league for to succeed or be canon fodder for the other 19 teams ? c'mon Brian man up and kick some bloody ass and prove you have the ability to get us out of this crap position your championship side has put us in.

bollox its loyalty
he started almost every new player, and dropped loads of the championship winning side for the first few games, and they just havent delivered.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Dec 2012 10:35

RoyalBlue
Ideal
Big Ern To those arguing for nmore time, then it seems like kicking the can to put off the harsh reality that Brian is not up to the job. We all agree he is a great guy and has given his all fro the club, but he just does not appear up to it. He has had enought time and he hasn't delivered, In any job that should mean only 1 thing.

Is it your opinion that any manager on earth could possibly do better with this lot of turds?
I am just questioning your judgement here, if you have a keeper who causes 6 goals conceded for no reason, and a midfield hopefully out of its depth, could you possibly do better than our points tally?

If anything he is overachieving with the current squad, there is no way on earth anyone could get better results with this lot.
Well, maybe Warnock could motivate them more, but a more attacking-sexy-football type manager would cause us to lose 10-0 every single match.

McDermott was responsible for assembling this squad, did have some money and is also responsible now for team selection, tactics and motivation. He has not done very well since June!

he assembled a squad to win the championship, and did it a year early.
then had 5 million quid witgh which to build a squad to stay up in the prem.
lol at blaming him

Divvy

by Divvy » 11 Dec 2012 12:06

melonhead
howser I was mildly amused with BMcD's comments over the weekend with reference to transfers in January, he is looking for players who have played at this level and know the league ???? we got a couple of those in the summer and he doesn't 'kin select them, instead he keeps turning out mostly the championship winning side out of loyalty, sod loyalty what are we in this league for to succeed or be canon fodder for the other 19 teams ? c'mon Brian man up and kick some bloody ass and prove you have the ability to get us out of this crap position your championship side has put us in.

bollox its loyalty
he started almost every new player, and dropped loads of the championship winning side for the first few games, and they just havent delivered.

Agree. He's trying to punish those that speak out of turn etc but by doing so he's severely, and I mean severely weakening the team. Every other Premiership manager manages egos day in, day out, and he selects them because he needs them. Brian needs to learn and sharpish!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Dec 2012 12:15

could do nothing else about guthries outburst imo
deserved to be dropped, apologised, but then got injured
as soon as fit, he'll be in contention
hopefully starting tonight

Divvy

by Divvy » 11 Dec 2012 12:20

melonhead could do nothing else about guthries outburst imo
deserved to be dropped, apologised, but then got injured
as soon as fit, he'll be in contention
hopefully starting tonight

He is fit and has been for a long time, and he has also had a second outburst since.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 11 Dec 2012 12:21

I heard part of the JM interview on BBCRB this morning and he clearly said that AZ gets involved in who McD should be buying but that he (JM) didn't ever do that. If McD is happy with that, then he's an idiot. Why would AZ think he knows more than the manager? Plus, JM said Nicky Hammond was in Moscow looking at a couple of players for January. :roll:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 11 Dec 2012 12:56

The Royals have dropped an unrivalled 17 points from winning positions in the Premier League this season.

Needs to sort this.

HTH

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 11 Dec 2012 13:03

Royal Lady I heard part of the JM interview on BBCRB this morning and he clearly said that AZ gets involved in who McD should be buying but that he (JM) didn't ever do that. If McD is happy with that, then he's an idiot. Why would AZ think he knows more than the manager? Plus, JM said Nicky Hammond was in Moscow looking at a couple of players for January. :roll:

I would hope not and the players we signed don't smack of a Russian Billionair to be's sinings tbh.

Saying that, probably wouldn't do worse that Brian :lol:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Dec 2012 15:58

Gordons Cumming The Royals have dropped an unrivalled 17 points from winning positions in the Premier League this season.

Needs to sort this.

HTH

The first goal is always so important remember.....

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Dec 2012 17:45

im still not entirely ruling out the yearly post xmas mcdermott miracle

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 11 Dec 2012 17:52

Hoop Blah
Gordons Cumming The Royals have dropped an unrivalled 17 points from winning positions in the Premier League this season.

Needs to sort this.

HTH

The first goal is always so important remember.....

I thought we'd just nick something.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Dec 2012 17:54

The hope that I have is that the margin of our loses have been, on the whole, quite narrow.

If we can find another 10% from this squad we could turn that round and that's why I think McDermott is quite culpable in this as I don't believe the squad is as far from competitive as we're currently looking.

Even if we do find a way of turning it round I do think it'll be too little too late though as the damage, both points and psychologically wise, is done.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 11 Dec 2012 17:55

melonhead im still not entirely ruling out the yearly post xmas mcdermott miracle

This will endear most of us to him even more if he somehow keeps this team up this year. He has a certain amount of detractors this season who i wish would be less vociferous and more supportive.

silchester rovers

by silchester rovers » 11 Dec 2012 17:56

I don't mind the issue with limited funds and resources but what bothers me is that B McD doesn't manage with enough imagination. Thinking of cricket where we have done so well England choose bowlers to match up to the pitch and the opposition.

4-4-2 all the time doesn't work if you are losing and need to get points to keep some momentum
I think some players are better when playing weaker teams and when they get chances to score - Le Fondre best for home games; Hunt for away games

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 11 Dec 2012 18:00

Hoop Blah The hope that I have is that the margin of our loses have been, on the whole, quite narrow.

If we can find another 10% from this squad we could turn that round and that's why I think McDermott is quite culpable in this as I don't believe the squad is as far from competitive as we're currently looking.

Even if we do find a way of turning it round I do think it'll be too little too late though as the damage, both points and psychologically wise, is done.

I really reckon we're like Watford in 2006-7. Very few victories, lots of draws, very few big defeats, long ball, whole season expecting to get relegated

http://www.soccerbase.com/tournaments/t ... urn_id=107

Here're their results that season if you're interested

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd ... bs=results
Last edited by Archie's penalty on 11 Dec 2012 18:01, edited 1 time in total.

3209 posts