How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

3209 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

by RoyalBlue » 11 Dec 2012 22:06

Same old same old from McDermott. 'Can't fault the players for effort but just weren't good enough. Suffered from injuries but can't blame that.'

Davezk

by Davezk » 11 Dec 2012 22:07

My Dad is a Wolves fan so I have seen a fair bit of Hoddle from when he was manager there.

He is not as great a manager as his reputation suggests. His brand of football is tedious sideways football. Imagine a whole pitch of James Harpers and that is how he wants to play football.

Trust me, Hoddle is not the answer.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 11 Dec 2012 22:08

RoyalBlue Same old same old from McDermott. 'Can't fault the players for effort but just weren't good enough. Suffered from injuries but can't blame that.'

But Brian u said the squad was good enough?

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 11 Dec 2012 22:10

TheSiege
silchester rovers I don't mind the issue with limited funds and resources but what bothers me is that B McD doesn't manage with enough imagination. Thinking of cricket where we have done so well England choose bowlers to match up to the pitch and the opposition.

4-4-2 all the time doesn't work if you are losing and need to get points to keep some momentum
I think some players are better when playing weaker teams and when they get chances to score - Le Fondre best for home games; Hunt for away games

Will someone tell me why we have limited resources. Sir Mad had full pockets but short arms and spent all of his time saying he would only sell to someone who could take us to the next level. When the deal went through, he told us all that our wishes for investment had been fulfilled. However, we now seem to be back to the pretend 'Reading Way' - full pockets and short arms! None of which explains why a Manager who has no clue about the Prem, or indeed, about using quality players, or indeed, about what tactics are, is still in charge of a Premiership team!

Firstly Sir Mad is a minority shareholder now don't forget. But all that glitters is not gold. Sir Mad isn't quite as liquid as it may appear. He has more than a few of his other companies which are not doing very well in the current economic climate. I am led to believe he sold out to the ruskies not because he thought they were a perfect fit but because he was in deep serious financial trouble and unable to continue for much longer (he remains in deep financial trouble even with the money from promotion).

It was a case of bird in the hand when he agreed to sell and even though he hadn't signed before promotion was g.teed they had him bang to rights and unable to renege on the deal.

I am also led to believe Brian and Nicky were in the car and actually on their way to an opposing ground to sign a decent striker for under 10m when a foreign voice called to say "Umm turn around, we do not have the money available" He has big ambitions -apparently serious about the extra tier but he's just talking the talk atm

I hope for a turn around after Christmas and relegation can be avoided but I am actually more concerned of a 'Portsmouth' ending in a couple of years .

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 11 Dec 2012 22:11

Still saying that we are in a much better position than last season! :roll: :roll:

No skill, no fight, fallouts with players and the dressing room showing signs that it has gone'

What the f8ck is this guy smoking?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 11 Dec 2012 22:15

multisync1830
TheSiege
silchester rovers I don't mind the issue with limited funds and resources but what bothers me is that B McD doesn't manage with enough imagination. Thinking of cricket where we have done so well England choose bowlers to match up to the pitch and the opposition.

4-4-2 all the time doesn't work if you are losing and need to get points to keep some momentum
I think some players are better when playing weaker teams and when they get chances to score - Le Fondre best for home games; Hunt for away games

Will someone tell me why we have limited resources. Sir Mad had full pockets but short arms and spent all of his time saying he would only sell to someone who could take us to the next level. When the deal went through, he told us all that our wishes for investment had been fulfilled. However, we now seem to be back to the pretend 'Reading Way' - full pockets and short arms! None of which explains why a Manager who has no clue about the Prem, or indeed, about using quality players, or indeed, about what tactics are, is still in charge of a Premiership team!

Firstly Sir Mad is a minority shareholder now don't forget. But all that glitters is not gold. Sir Mad isn't quite as liquid as it may appear. He has more than a few of his other companies which are not doing very well in the current economic climate. I am led to believe he sold out to the ruskies not because he thought they were a perfect fit but because he was in deep serious financial trouble and unable to continue for much longer (he remains in deep financial trouble even with the money from promotion).

It was a case of bird in the hand when he agreed to sell and even though he hadn't signed before promotion was g.teed they had him bang to rights and unable to renege on the deal.

I am also led to believe Brian and Nicky were in the car and actually on their way to an opposing ground to sign a decent striker for under 10m when a foreign voice called to say "Umm turn around, we do not have the money available" He has big ambitions -apparently serious about the extra tier but he's just talking the talk atm

I hope for a turn around after Christmas and relegation can be avoided but I am actually more concerned of a 'Portsmouth' ending in a couple of years .

For Portsmouth I counter with Fulham. Crap stadium, far lower support because of this, far less commercial opportunities but invested, stayed up and are succeeding.

moonwalklikebas

by moonwalklikebas » 11 Dec 2012 22:18

Get Parky in for Saturday. Seems to be doing well tonight!!

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 11 Dec 2012 22:23

But Fulham do have the owner of Harrods. We've had a second hand car dealership and now the son of a paper manufacturer.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Dec 2012 22:30

Right, please leave Brian. You're an absolute disaster this season. You're completely ruining everything good you've done for the club and proving yourself to be woefully out of your depth.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 11 Dec 2012 22:31

Glen hoddles blue and white army

Pass pass pass pass pass pass passssssSSs

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 11 Dec 2012 22:31

For Portsmouth I counter with Fulham. Crap stadium, far lower support because of this, far less commercial opportunities but invested, stayed up and are succeeding.

It needs commitment and I remain very skeptical the new investors will be. I believe he (or at least the real financial controllers behind him) will have an exit strategy already worked out and likely to be off with a note in the drawer "There is no money left" type exit if things are looking even slightly dodgy

Back on topic. I saw a bit of the game and thought the defence was 'parting of the waves' poor. Attacking looked ok till the 18 yard box but that's a lot of teams. Brian doesn't deserve this standard as he a heart and soul Reading man but football's a harsh mistress and whilst Chairman is fiercely loyal I come back to my original point -he is a minority shareholder these days and doesn't have the casting vote anymore...Mind you changing managers is going to cost a minimum 1m+cash so they may not think they can actually afford to sack him even though they -perhaps-can't afford not to...

Davezk

by Davezk » 11 Dec 2012 22:32

Hoddle is ****. I will find this quote in future if it ever happens.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 11 Dec 2012 22:39

Wenger might be free soon -he doesn't like to spend money so a perfect fit no?? :lol:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 11 Dec 2012 22:41

RoyalBlue

What a buffoon. :lol:

Any idea how much the owner has sunk into the Fulham? Circa £200 million.

Is that really what you crave for Reading FC? Thinking about it, I suppose you probably do because you're all about the short-term and sod stability. Yes, oh what fun you'd have for a few years until it all went sour - like it always does in the end when clubs spend beyond their real means then you'd get back to blaming all and sundry without it ever penetrating your thick skull that you got exactly what you deserved.

Idiot. You make me sick.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 11 Dec 2012 22:41

multisync1830 Wenger might be free soon -he doesn't like to spend money so a perfect fit no?? :lol:

Don't let Spacey hear you say that!

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 11 Dec 2012 22:42

What a waste of a season.

Thank goodness I only paid as much for my season ticket this year as I paid last year.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 11 Dec 2012 22:46

#McDermottOUT

#WengerIN

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 11 Dec 2012 22:49

There is zero point sacking Brian as we are already down. We need to support him to rebuild for next season.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Dec 2012 22:53

andrew1957 There is zero point sacking Brian as we are already down. We need to support him to rebuild for next season.

But he's shown no ability to build a coherant team. He's reactively plugged gaps and if by some miracle he does turn it around and get us up what do you suggest? Sack him after promotion or give him another go to show his utter lack of competence at this level.

Not being able to think of who could do better is not a good enough reason to keep a manager who is failing to get anything remotely resembling the level of performance the players can give (even if that is limited and below everyone else in the league). He's responsible for training. He's responsible for team selection. He's responsible for tactics. He's responsible for subsitutions.

This team is on to achieve 21 points and to be honest I can't actually see how we can possibly get even that with McDermott staying. The players clearly have no belief. There's dessention in the ranks and he's lost a goodly portion of the fans. The only reason he might not have lost most of them is because people like you can't see any point in sacking him, not because they have even the slightest bit of faith he can turn it around.

Has to go.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 11 Dec 2012 22:54

I hope we can get Di Matteo, hopefully he wont see us as too much of a step down. He has got good PL experience but also got WBA promoted from the Championship so he could take us back up if he cant save us from the drop. McD is a great guy and he has done a brilliant job but as we can see he is out of depth at this level, as are many of the players, and its showing no signs of improvement. The confidence and belief that the team had last season just isnt there anymore. For the second game in a row, some of the players looked as though they had given up hope. Add to that, the problems with Pearce and Guthrie, and the signing of Pogrebnyak hasnt done the dressing room any favours whatsoever.

I feel sorry for Brian, if we hadnt gone up last season he would probably still be doing a really good job, but unfortunately he has shown he is not up to job after using some questionable tactics (its not going to work at this level and he doesnt know how to change it) and also making some fairly clueless decisions so far this season. The gap is only getting bigger, we are now 6 points from safety, all it will take is for QPR to start picking up points under Redkanpp (which they will) and we are cut seriously adrift.

If JM and AZ are serious about keeping our club in the top flight, then lets see it. Do something useful with AZ's money for the first time and get a new manager in, get a new style of football and give everyone a lift before its too late. Otherwise all the hard work getting us here will have gone to waste. I think it really has to happen soon, as the new manager will want/need the January transfer window to strengthen the side (which it obviously needs) but also to fit his style. Id say give Brian till the home game against West Ham (29th Dec) at the latest, to pick up a win, otherwise thanks but no thanks.

3209 posts