Horrible feeling about this season...

314 posts
Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Horrible feeling about this season...

by Avon Royal » 25 Mar 2012 11:35

Mr Angry Just had a look at the remaining fixtures; the most I can West Ham getting is 83 or 84 (they have 3 difficult home games left - us, Brum and BHA; the 4th, Hull, are no pushovers).

That would leave us needing another 12 points from our last 7 games to reach 85; we will need at least 1 away win out of West Ham, Saints, BHA or Brum.

Or we could draw three of them............

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 25 Mar 2012 13:27

I'd agree 85 will be enough for 2nd. 4 wins & 1 one of them coming against West Ham should do it IMO. Just really hope we can get the wins early & get it done. Really do not want to be needing a win on the final day.

If we win the next 2 against West Ham & Leeds I think we'll do it. Not easy though!

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 25 Mar 2012 15:45

MmmMonsterMunch I'd agree 85 will be enough for 2nd. 4 wins & 1 one of them coming against West Ham should do it IMO. Just really hope we can get the wins early & get it done. Really do not want to be needing a win on the final day.

If we win the next 2 against West Ham & Leeds I think we'll do it. Not easy though!

If West Ham lose their next two, I think we're pretty much there. If they win their next two we're playing catch up. And if they draw them both, its squeaky bum time :shock:

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 25 Mar 2012 15:50

SydenhamRoyal
MmmMonsterMunch I'd agree 85 will be enough for 2nd. 4 wins & 1 one of them coming against West Ham should do it IMO. Just really hope we can get the wins early & get it done. Really do not want to be needing a win on the final day.

If West Ham lose their next two, I think we're pretty much there. If they win their next two we're playing catch up. And if they draw them both, its squeaky bum time :shock:

If they draw them both we would be 3 points ahead with the same games played

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 25 Mar 2012 17:09

Can't control anything but our games....

Realistically winning the next 2 would be a massive leap towards the PL. Would hugely dent West Ham's confidence as well. If we beat them, they could quite easily end up only getting about 80-82 points.

It might mean we'd only need 83 or so to get over the line. Ever the optimist (!) just looking at the chasing pack, there's not anyone able to reach 80 points or so to make a last gasp attempt to steal it barring someone winning 6 from 7 which I just can't see happening. It pretty much is 2 from 3 now.

All if's & but's of course as we could massively stutter if they win.....

This game really could determine the season. So bloody exciting. Would take 4 points from the next 2 definitely.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 25 Mar 2012 17:51

Below the top 3, the maximum points that each of the clubs currently in the top half of the table can achieve is as follows:

BHA - 83
Boro - 85
Brum - 84
B'Pool - 81
C'diff - 81
Hull - 82
Leeds- 78
Leics - 79
Derby - 76

Realistically, the only potential challengers are the first 3 in that list, but honestly, that isn't going to happen is it?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 25 Mar 2012 18:03

Mr Angry Below the top 3, the maximum points that each of the clubs currently in the top half of the table can achieve is as follows:

BHA - 83
Boro - 85
Brum - 84
B'Pool - 81
C'diff - 81
Hull - 82
Leeds- 78
Leics - 79
Derby - 76

Realistically, the only potential challengers are the first 3 in that list, but honestly, that isn't going to happen is it?

Yep exactly. Realistically they will all drop 3 points at least so I reckon the max any of them would get is 80.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 25 Mar 2012 18:56

JC
SydenhamRoyal

If they draw them both we would be 3 points ahead with the same games played

and us away to Saints amongst are other dream of a run of fixtures; hence the squeaky bum analogy

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 26 Mar 2012 04:44

WNG

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 27 Mar 2012 20:36

Going to BUMP this thread on behalf of the 2 misery guts AvonRoyal & FineRain.

Yes West Ham have won. Woo hoo. Reading might fcuk it up. Party time. Yes get in there!! :wink:

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 27 Mar 2012 20:54

MmmMonsterMunch Going to BUMP this thread on behalf of the 2 misery guts AvonRoyal & FineRain.

Yes West Ham have won. Woo hoo. Reading might fcuk it up. Party time. Yes get in there!! :wink:

FineRain, a misery guts? Get outta town... never. Not too sensitive either. If we could predict the future based on instinct alone we'd all do the lottery and be oxf*rd millionaires.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 27 Mar 2012 20:57

robinsfriday
MmmMonsterMunch Going to BUMP this thread on behalf of the 2 misery guts AvonRoyal & FineRain.

FineRain, a misery guts? Get outta town... never. Not too sensitive either. If we could predict the future based on instinct alone we'd all do the lottery and be oxf*rd millionaires.

I could predict the lottery numbers correctly each week - I just choose to lead an impoverished lifestyle. :wink:

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 27 Mar 2012 20:59

MmmMonsterMunch
robinsfriday

I could predict the lottery numbers correctly each week - I just choose to lead an impoverished lifestyle. :wink:

We need to talk...

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 27 Mar 2012 21:03

Peterborough 0-2 West Ham.

That is absolutely typical Reading FC, bottling it like this in the run-in.

Useless

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 27 Mar 2012 21:06

floyd__streete Peterborough 0-2 West Ham.

Useless

Brian James McDermott should be sacked after this and TSI will no doubt pull out of the takeover deal due to this absolutely dire result. A disgrace.

Vic_Flange

by Vic_Flange » 27 Mar 2012 21:08

This thread [has long been] like a Fast Show sketch.

So If I give you 2 quid, and you give me a fiver, then I give you that tenner, he will give you that £4.50 he owes me...

To replace with

If we beat West Ham by 2 goals, but on the last day...

Let's just go for it and wait for more unhappy Hammer draws and...

B*gger, it's catching and I'm doing it now.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Mar 2012 21:11

robinsfriday

Useless

Brian James McDermott should be sacked after this and TSI will no doubt pull out of the takeover deal due to this absolutely dire result. A disgrace.

+1

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 27 Mar 2012 21:13

Useless

Peterborough 3 - 1 Reading was typical Reading FC to be fair :wink:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 14 Apr 2012 09:38

FiNeRaIn
I'll be honest, im gearing myself up for double disappointment.

You just KNOW this'll be the birmingham season all over again.

We'll get fvcked out of second place by the horrible mercenaries west ham and their 9 strikers

and then lose to someone shite in the play-offs because we are gutted on missing out on second. In a way I hope we lose the next 5/6 and then make a late surge back into the play-offs with momentum.

Saints are out of reach, they keep getting lucky breaks and are a one man unit, unless lambert gets injured they will win it.

Yes finerain you are a negative twat, bla bla bla but i KNOW some of you feel exactly the same and you can see it coming too.

I hope someone bumps this to prove me wrong if it happens...but im dreading it tbh.

BUMP, as requested

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 14 Apr 2012 09:42

We can still miss out, we have only guaranteed 3rd place so far..... therefore please bump this again after Tuesday or Saturday or Saturday week.

314 posts