SIGNED: Chris Gunter

258 posts
CayeneMatt

Re: SIGNED: Chris Gunter

by CayeneMatt » 17 Nov 2012 19:18

Gunter was simply shocking 1st half. Sitting lower west toward the north stand, you get a prime view of how uncomfortable he is on the ball. My 10 yr old could play better positionally.

RB and LB is a problem IMO with Shorey looking far from good either. Except for the free kick ...

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 17 Nov 2012 19:19

Royal Ginger
LoyalRoyal22
Wimb It's going to take time for him to settle, especially when he's only been at the club 3 months and has had plenty of different players alongside him/in front of him.

Hasn't had a stunning game yet but keep the faith with this one.

Its hard to have a stunning game as a fullback, you expecting him to score?

He was part of the back 4 that kept our only cleansheet last week, thought he didnt put a foot wrong all game against Norwich

I like Gunter, just think he needs time. Sure he was part of the clean sheet, but he wasn't making the same efforts to get forward as Shorey was.

You ever thought that might be because he was told to stay back and keep an eye on England international Leighton Baines?? :roll:

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 17 Nov 2012 19:23

SPARTA You ever thought that might be because he was told to stay back and keep an eye on England international Leighton Baines?? :roll:

You've got your context wrong, I was referring to the Norwich game. If he'd been a bit more adventurous/accurate when we were on the front foot perhaps we'd have snatched a win. And is the roll really necessary in a sensible conversation?

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 17 Nov 2012 19:29

CayeneMatt Gunter was simply shocking 1st half. Sitting lower west toward the north stand, you get a prime view of how uncomfortable he is on the ball. My 10 yr old could play better positionally.

RB and LB is a problem IMO with Shorey looking far from good either. Except for the free kick ...

To be honest, talking negative about Shorey when he has probably been our most consistant peformer this season just indicates how poor your opinions are

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 17 Nov 2012 19:32

LoyalRoyal22
CayeneMatt Gunter was simply shocking 1st half. Sitting lower west toward the north stand, you get a prime view of how uncomfortable he is on the ball. My 10 yr old could play better positionally.

To be honest, talking negative about Shorey when he has probably been our most consistant peformer this season just indicates how poor your opinions are

Keep it up cock end, keep it up..... You're the one looking a joke backing Gunter. Pratt.
Last edited by CayeneMatt on 17 Nov 2012 19:33, edited 1 time in total.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 17 Nov 2012 19:33

LoyalRoyal22

'Greed. Laughable stuff.

I must sit very close to you Matt, but it does feel like we were watching very different games.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Nov 2012 19:36

Gunter has been utterly rubbish in pretty much every game I can remember.

The only decent thing he did today IIRC was saving a corner 4 mins from time. Bad on the ball & has left us exposed a number of times. I don't like slagging our players off but I cannot understand how he is ahead of Cummings in the pecking order.

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 17 Nov 2012 19:40

winchester_royal
LoyalRoyal22

'Greed. Laughable stuff.

I must sit very close to you Matt, but it does feel like we were watching very different games.

OK, I've just read your post in the other thread. Unbelievable. I would guess your Ian Royals love child and don't attend any games, that can be your only excuse.

Anyone sitting near to me, and first half, I would guess 50 in earshot, all felt the same about Gunters performance.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 17 Nov 2012 19:40

Can you please point out 5 things he did wrong today before you go calling him 'utterly rubbish'..

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 17 Nov 2012 19:41

CayeneMatt OK, I've just read your post in the other thread. Unbelievable. I would guess your Ian Royals love child and don't attend any games, that can be your only excuse.

Anyone sitting near to me, and first half, I would guess 50 in earshot, all felt the same about Gunters performance.

Been to every game this season apart from the Swansea one m8.

The last 3 games have been the most defensively solid we've been all season, and Gunter is part of that defensive unit.

Clearly Brian agrees with me, is he Ian Royal's lovechild too?

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 17 Nov 2012 19:47

winchester_royal
CayeneMatt OK, I've just read your post in the other thread. Unbelievable. I would guess your Ian Royals love child and don't attend any games, that can be your only excuse.

Been to every game this season apart from the Swansea one m8.

The last 3 games have been the most defensively solid we've been all season, and Gunter is part of that defensive unit.

Clearly Brian agrees with me, is he Ian Royal's lovechild too?

Apologies. Comparing you to Ian Royal was below the belt. But your justification of Gunter today including the first half is simply staggering. And without kissing your arse too much, I usually agree with a lot of what you say on here but you're wide of the mark on this one.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 17 Nov 2012 19:49

Fair enough, we're all bound to disagree on some things.

I'll agree he was well short of perfect, especially first half where the whole team was shaky. I thought he played his part in a fantastic comeback and doesn't deserve to be singled out for criticism but hey ho.. We got the win so who really gives a shit :D

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Nov 2012 19:59

winchester_royal Can you please point out 5 things he did wrong today before you go calling him 'utterly rubbish'..

15+ times Jagielka pinged the ball to Fellani on his side & not once did he win it. In addition to that he was caught on the ball at least 3 times & could have released it a lot earlier. Those are just off the top of my head although I am quite drunk right now & can't remember everything.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 17 Nov 2012 20:01

UpNorth Gunter has had plenty of opportunities to impress but has consistently failed to convince.

Cummings had had even more.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 17 Nov 2012 20:02

MmmMonsterMunch
winchester_royal Can you please point out 5 things he did wrong today before you go calling him 'utterly rubbish'..

15+ times Jagielka pinged the ball to Fellani on his side & not once did he win it. In addition to that he was caught on the ball at least 3 times & could have released it a lot earlier. Those are just off the top of my head although I am quite drunk right now & can't remember everything.

Yeah but c'mon, nobody won anything against Fellaini all game... Gunter did the right thing by standing off him

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Nov 2012 20:05

Ok so I've just stated what was wrong & you reply "Yeah but c'mon"

C'mon nothing. As a DEFENDER Cummings is better....IMO. Gunter for sure is better going forward but some of the basics he gets badly wrong.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 17 Nov 2012 20:08

MmmMonsterMunch Ok so I've just stated what was wrong & you reply "Yeah but c'mon"

C'mon nothing. As a DEFENDER Cummings is better....IMO. Gunter for sure is better going forward but some of the basics he gets badly wrong.

No, I don't agree. I was stating that Gunter did the right thing by standing off him when the ball was in the air as otherwise he'd have committed himself to a challenge he (or anyone else on our team) couldn't win.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Nov 2012 20:10

winchester_royal
MmmMonsterMunch Ok so I've just stated what was wrong & you reply "Yeah but c'mon"

No, I don't agree. I was stating that Gunter did the right thing by standing off him when the ball was in the air as otherwise he'd have committed himself to a challenge he (or anyone else on our team) couldn't win.

I think he is completely flakey & would like to see Cummings back ASAP.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 17 Nov 2012 20:11

You want to see our defence changed after conceding 2 in the last 3 games which we have picked up 5 points from?

Each to their own

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Nov 2012 20:17

winchester_royal You want to see our defence changed after conceding 2 in the last 3 games which we have picked up 5 points from?

Each to their own

We are quite clearly heading in the right direction. Getting tighter. And IMO Gunter is far better for the team than Cummings (who I like)

258 posts