HNA approval/disapproval of NA

418 posts

how long should we keep nigel adkins as manager?

get rid of now, his tactics are weak and we can do better
16%
give him till the end of december, then we will see where we are
4%
give him time to make signings in january and we will assess in march
6%
give him till the end of the season, he deserves a full season to show what he can do
44%
i am currently happy with our position in the table and the quality of football we are playing. this shouldnt be a discussion
20%
other
9%

Total votes: 232
Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

Re: HNA approval/disapproval of NA

by Cureton's Volley » 11 Dec 2013 15:49

SPARTA The guy knows what he's doing, even if his players don't know what they should be doing.

Sounds to me like a communication issue, and judging by his interviews that is no surprise.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 11 Dec 2013 16:02

Ian Royal
Maguire
Hoop Blah So we've not lost a single game after taking the lead? That's not a bad record.

It's a nonsense statistic though, isn't it?

What does it really mean? We've not conceded two goals in less than 90 mins when we're already a goal up. Yeah amazing.

Only if it's pretty much the same situation for everyone. If it sets us apart it certainly has some meaning.

I cna certainly think of games from last season that would have prevented that stat.

Yeah me too. We've not played an entire season yet though.

Not h8ing on the team or anything, just don't think it's much of a thing to cling to.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Dec 2013 16:03

Maguire
Hoop Blah So we've not lost a single game after taking the lead? That's not a bad record.

What does it really mean? We've not conceded two goals in less than 90 mins when we're already a goal up. Yeah amazing.

Kind of nonesense yes. Much like most of the stats mentioned, and I'm not putting much weight or interest in it myself.

Having said that, winning games is kind of the point of the game though, and we're doing a good job of that in the most part (style and convincing nature of wins not quite there though) and it's certainly not a bad thing that we don't lose once we go ahead as I'm sure there are plenty of teams that don't.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 11 Dec 2013 16:10

Hoop Blah
Maguire

Kind of nonesense yes. Much like most of the stats mentioned, and I'm not putting much weight or interest in it myself.

Having said that, winning games is kind of the point of the game though, and we're doing a good job of that in the most part (style and convincing nature of wins not quite there though) and it's certainly not a bad thing that we don't lose once we go ahead as I'm sure there are plenty of teams that don't.

Without some stats to back that up its just conjecture though.

I mean I imagine over a season, a team might lose maybe 3 or 4 times having been in front? So given we've played what, a third of a season, the sample size is just too small to infer anything. In other words it could just be luck, and our time will come. Maybe even next game :?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 11 Dec 2013 16:21

I took it as Hoops satirically extracting an optimistic stat from a gloomy set of equally pointless figures, rather than Hoops congaing down the street singing the accomplishment to the tune of "We Are The Champions".

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 11 Dec 2013 16:27

Extended-Phenotype I took it as Hoops satirically extracting an optimistic stat from a gloomy set of equally pointless figures, rather than Hoops congaing down the street singing the accomplishment to the tune of "We Are The Champions".

:|
You know full well that the stats essentially disproved your point, hence why you attempted to go down the road of getting me to debate your 'clicking' nonsense.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 11 Dec 2013 16:31

Hoop Blah
Maguire

tbf I don't set the questions, merely provide the statistical answers.
If you want to see some slightly more interesting/meaningful statistical analysis go to page 4.

Hoop Blah and it's certainly not a bad thing that we don't lose once we go ahead as I'm sure there are plenty of teams that don't.

I may attempt to find some stats on this.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 11 Dec 2013 16:38

P!ssed Off
Extended-Phenotype I took it as Hoops satirically extracting an optimistic stat from a gloomy set of equally pointless figures, rather than Hoops congaing down the street singing the accomplishment to the tune of "We Are The Champions".

You know full well that the stats essentially disproved your point, hence why you attempted to go down the road of getting me to debate your 'clicking' nonsense.

Not trying to make you do anything. You are the one peculiarly spoiling for a fight for whatever reason.

I just said on occasion we have shown resolve, and that it takes time for a team to click, in response to a poster bemoaning a lack of togetherness.

I can't stop you forcing yourself to get upset about it.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 11 Dec 2013 16:49

Extended-Phenotype
P!ssed Off

Not trying to make you do anything. You are the one peculiarly spoiling for a fight for whatever reason.

I just said on occasion we have shown resolve, and that it takes time for a team to click, in response to a poster bemoaning a lack of togetherness.

I can't stop you forcing yourself to get upset about it.

This isn't Coalition Central mate. I'm not Schards; there's no shame in admitting when the stats disagree with your before-held beliefs.
We Move On.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Dec 2013 17:01

Wow, you've nailed it for once!

I can't be bothered with emoticons etc, so I think sometimes my tone gets lost.

Green and Mags make good points though, but like in the real world a lot of truth othen gets said in jest, and I do think it's a good thing we have a habit (albeit one in it's infancy) of winning games we take the lead in.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 11 Dec 2013 17:24

P!ssed Off
This isn't Coalition Central mate. I'm not Schards; there's no shame in admitting when the stats disagree with your before-held beliefs.
We Move On.

No shame mate. You gave me a couple of occasions we pulled back the score and in my head I had us down for a couple more, a win against Donny from them equalising at 1-1, win at forest after they brought it back to 2-2 – which I felt enough to support my statement that “I think we have shown resolve to pull back scores on occasion”, with the caveat that I think it a little more time is needed to develop the team spirit we’ve been accustomed to in the past.

Rest easy though, I’ve made a note that this sort of casual good-natured contribution makes your blood boil and in light of your helpful reminder of where I am, will endeavour to reign in any cordiality in future involvement on the Team Board.

Thanks

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 11 Dec 2013 17:27

Extended-Phenotype
P!ssed Off
We Move On.

No shame mate. You gave me a couple of occasions we pulled back the score and in my head I had us down for a couple more, a win against Donny from them equalising at 1-1, win at forest after they brought it back to 2-2 – which I felt enough to support my statement that “I think we have shown resolve to pull back scores on occasion”, with the caveat that I think it a little more time is needed to develop the team spirit we’ve been accustomed to in the past.

Rest easy though, I’ve made a note that this sort of casual good-natured contribution makes your blood boil and in light of your helpful reminder of where I am, will endeavour to reign in any cordiality in future involvement on the Team Board.

Thanks

You're oxf*rd welcome.
You oxf*rd. :!:
:wink:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Dec 2013 17:58

Maguire
Ian Royal
Maguire

Only if it's pretty much the same situation for everyone. If it sets us apart it certainly has some meaning.

I cna certainly think of games from last season that would have prevented that stat.

Yeah me too. We've not played an entire season yet though.

Not h8ing on the team or anything, just don't think it's much of a thing to cling to.

Yeah, can agree it's not hugely telling, but more than a nonsense statistic when not taken in isolation. But it's better than not having it as a stat. Although 'd prefer it to be 100% when we take the lead obvs. Or like we when we went on that 2 year run of winning every single game where we were leading at HT (which was pretty often).

For PO. A very quick look at just the last week's results instantly shows that Huddersfield & Blackpool can't claim the same.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 11 Dec 2013 23:12

Sacking the Manager when a team loses too often is a knee jerk reaction to a situation which is often beyond the Manager's immediate control, particularly if there is no support from the Board.

At present we are still in the mix despite playing crap in a league where anyone can beat anyone else-therefore getting rid of NA would not be the right move.

As a Club given the level of performance on the field , the lack of quality in the current squad and the lack of direction from the Board , we are potentially in deep s**t.

However if Anton comes back sometime soon;if say Elwood and Roberts come back to close to their best and if the big time players start to perform;we could still tear up this league.

A lot of ifs however.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 12 Dec 2013 08:30

Elwood? Hi Snowball.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Dec 2013 18:10

How precious, he thinks Roberts has a chance of playing for us again!

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 12 Dec 2013 18:38

Who's Elwood?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 12 Dec 2013 19:13

Probably as likely to play for us as Roberts (he's dead)

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 19 Dec 2013 13:52

I see Nigel has taken time out to write a message to the fans in the club Xmas card.

Permatanned prick. He'll never be one of us.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 19 Dec 2013 13:59

winchester_royal I see Nigel has taken time out to write a message to the fans in the club Xmas card.

Permatanned prick. He'll never be one of us.

Doesn't every manager do this?

418 posts