MATCHWATCH : Coventry City (h)

307 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Coventry City (h)

by windermereROYAL » 12 Feb 2022 18:21

My take on the game, that`s as well as we`ve played all season, the players left everything out there, but even at 1-0 there was a sense of inevitably, you just knew it was coming, they get a corner , we have everything back with no outlet..boom, we can see it but the gimp in the dugout can`t, the winning goal was unfortunate, but that`s what happens when you are stuck down the bottom.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 12 Feb 2022 18:22

Twitter is amazing tonight. Fan accounts blocking supporters, journalists blocking supporters, supporters arguing with other supporters. High level content.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 Feb 2022 18:25

Safe to say this is as toxic as i`ve ever seen it, the mini pitch invasion didn`t quite come off but the stewards knew it was coming.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Feb 2022 18:28

Fezza
Hi,

Would you mind moderating your language to something that isn't so derogatory towards those with disabilities? There are loads of other words / profanities you could use to make your point.

Thank you

Sorry, no disabled person deserves to be called a Reading fan.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 12 Feb 2022 18:32

NathStPaul
JR
NathStPaul And now BBC Berks aren't staying on air for the Paunovic interview? Their coverage has been crap today, awful.

I’ll agree with you on this. Rita spending two minutes reading out the bottom of the league table and not mentioning the points totals was the final straw for me.

It was a mess, to not get an interview with the manager on air is inexcusable.

Perhaps we no longer have a manager?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Feb 2022 18:36

morganb
NathStPaul
JR
I’ll agree with you on this. Rita spending two minutes reading out the bottom of the league table and not mentioning the points totals was the final straw for me.

It was a mess, to not get an interview with the manager on air is inexcusable.

Perhaps we no longer have a manager?

Stop it you big tease :wink:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Feb 2022 18:47

andrew1957 Surely no manager can survive losing 8 in a row.

Steve Coppell did.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Feb 2022 18:51

We looked like we were battering Coventry today. But then sellout crowd, huge game and a very strong squad and it was inevitable. Of course only Pauno's team could then fold like it did going from 1-0 up to 2-1 down in minutes at home with all the momentum on our side.

Such a shame Hoilett getting sent off as yet again it provides a mitigation of sorts for Pauno but in truth we could have been more than 1 up, we shouldn't have let in those goals, and we shouldn't have been in positions where Hoilett twice had to make last ditch dodgy tackles. There was nothing comfortable about that. The players are playing their hearts out doing what they think is required as they've clearly lost trust in the manager.

And bringing on Abreefa when yet again we're desperate for a point and have Clarke on the bench? And taking Rino off, one of our best players?

Ince some good stuff but missed 2 chances to score too, frustrating.

Well done protesters and piss off anyone who can't handle it. Proper Reading would have had thousands on the pitch. This was enough of a point made without ruining the day. You seriously wanted it to be delayed another 10 days? The situation is URGENT.

More pressure on Pauno. The owners have got to accept that if they want to keep him in post (with no explanation) this is what will happen.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Feb 2022 18:52

Tbf the atmosphere at the stadium was very good considering Pauno

Was an enjoyable day out other than the manager’s performance

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 12 Feb 2022 18:53

genome 8 defeats in a row is one thing

14 losses in 19 games is another. Baffling he's still in the job.

The amount of corners conceded in a season record will surely last longer that the 106 points total, too?!

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 12 Feb 2022 19:01

Makes me laugh each time it pops up on the newsfeed.

https://twitter.com/robknight95/status/ ... DaNPg&s=19

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 12 Feb 2022 19:05

I went, my daughters first game at the mad stad. She enjoyed it. I didn’t. Pauno out
Last edited by Brogue on 12 Feb 2022 19:06, edited 1 time in total.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 12 Feb 2022 19:06

I have only 2 things to ask about today’s game…

1) How is Hein any better than Southwood. What did he bring today that Southwood couldn’t have done?!

2) Why was Meite moved in-field alongside Joao, when he was causing so much chaos for their LB?!

(Probably know the answers to both question, but both have really Ox***d me off!)

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Feb 2022 19:14

Brogue I went, my daughters first game at the mad stad. She enjoyed it. I didn’t. Pauno out
assume that you weren’t the ‘dad’ who left his three year old daughter in her chair crying, whilst you pursued one of the many chopsie Cov fans in our West Stand? ….poor kid, probably never seen her dickhead father shout obscenities and behave like those nighttime monsters that scare all kids.

Bit of a 150 year damp squib, but at least the game was ok, if not the result.

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 12 Feb 2022 19:15

Kitsondinho I have only 2 things to ask about today’s game…

1) How is Hein any better than Southwood. What did he bring today that Southwood couldn’t have done?!

2) Why was Meite moved in-field alongside Joao, when he was causing so much chaos for their LB?!

(Probably know the answers to both question, but both have really Ox***d me off!)

I’m sure there’s a Japanese poetic name for it, but we truly have taught the players the art of infinitely bad decision making:
Passing to opposition and passes along side-line as a warm up.
Dawdle on the ball long enough that at least three people in Harlequin kit take it off you. Also, if you see someone in that position, never help them by being open as the three ‘quins rush him.
Make a studs out challenge when on a yellow, miles from goal.
Of course, the black-belt boss showed his mastery: Put two kids on the pitch, now we have near enough a full squad. What could possibly go wrong?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Feb 2022 19:16

Individually played quite well. Decent going forward.

Absolutely hamstrung by the appalling defensive set up and coaching and total moron in the dugout.

Cov could have had another couple, Ince should have scored.

Meite is such a legend. A new manager could get a huge bounce out of the return of Meite and McIntyre alongside having half a oxf*rd clue about how to set a team up and ask them to play.

Get. Out. Clowno and Dai.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Feb 2022 19:17

AthleticoSpizz
Brogue I went, my daughters first game at the mad stad. She enjoyed it. I didn’t. Pauno out
assume that you weren’t the ‘dad’ who left his three year old daughter in her chair crying, whilst you pursued one of the many chopsie Cov fans in our West Stand? ….poor kid, probably never seen her dickhead father shout obscenities and behave like those nighttime monsters that scare all kids.

Bit of a 150 year damp squib, but at least the game was ok, if not the result.

Reckon anyone with a dad who does that, has probably seen it quite a lot.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Feb 2022 19:18

JR
NathStPaul And now BBC Berks aren't staying on air for the Paunovic interview? Their coverage has been crap today, awful.

I said this to Jnr on the way home tonight. She is hopeless. She also had no clue O’ Shea was our defensive coach last season. Gooding is little better. He offers nothing and turns up Ill prepared. The coverage was abysmal made all the more worse by our braindead supporters who Dellor spoke with at the ground and the caller who though Pauno should stay on the strength of last season. Dear God we have so many passionless supporters.

As for the game I’m just lost for words. We actually played pretty well. After a shaky start we started to win the 50/50 challenges and looked like we would go into half time ahead. We then concede from our inability to clear our lines from the corner.
We started the second half poorly and I have to question where the fukk were our centre backs for the headed goal to put them 2-1 up.

We then pull it back only for Hoilett to make a brain dead challenge when he is already on a yellow. We are then sliced open far too easily and get zero luck from the heavy deflection.

Yaks did wonderfully well with that run and Ince had to bury the chance but didn’t. Yaks return was a big positive.

We desperately need someone to organise our defence. Our centre backs are dire.
How Pauno remains in charge is beyond belief.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 12 Feb 2022 19:19

CountryRoyal
Fezza
Hi,

Would you mind moderating your language to something that isn't so derogatory towards those with disabilities? There are loads of other words / profanities you could use to make your point.

Thank you

Sorry, no disabled person deserves to be called a Reading fan.

You are pathetic.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 Feb 2022 19:27

I really don`t see how difficult it is to see if you leave a couple of players on the half way line when the other team have a corner they need to leave 3 back to cover them.
Their first goal was a perfect example, they have their whole team in and around our area, we clear and it`s knocked straight back in.
WTF can`t this twat see that?

307 posts