Reading FC on U.S. TV: check here for updates

630 posts
seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 02 Oct 2007 22:01

So why all the games on Sunday this week? Is there something special about this weekend?

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 02 Oct 2007 22:21

A combination of things, I'd guess:
--Champions League on Tuesday and Wednesday
--UEFA Cup on Thursday
--Carling Cup Third Round in the middle of last week
--International break arrives with the final whistles

Add it all up, and an extra day's rest/preparation for most is not at all out of order at this point in time (although United do play on Saturday, and several sides that are not involved in UEFA competitions play head-to-head and not until Sunday --including RFC and DCFC).

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 02 Oct 2007 22:40

Thanks! Thought I was missing a British holiday or something.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 07 Oct 2007 22:10

LOL! British holidays = convenient excuse for a full day's worth of football with all the trimmings!

Hey kids --due to the heavy load of Sunday fixtures this weekend, FSC couldn't really keep their own programming schedule straight --and they handed out what has proven to be bad information, which I in turn passed along here.

The only chance to see any of the Derby match will be on the weekly Premier League Review Show, which is now set to screen first-time at the normal hour of 8:00 PM Eastern tonite, Sunday the 7th. It will repeat on Monday from 4:00 AM and again from 6:00 PM, times Eastern and on FSC.

I know that we've got at least one international visitor over here, and I of course regret the fact that FSC couldn't get their damned act together in a timely fashion. Those who tried and failed to see the SuperSunday+ highlights and commentary show at the originally scheduled time know what I'm talking about.

International break now upon us; broadcast schedules of Euro 2008 qualifying matches may be found in the first post to this thread.

As usual, any live screenings that involve England or the Republic will be available on a pay-per-view/pay-at-the-pub basis, and FSC and Setanta (respectively) typically show their matches on a few days' delay; listings to be posted as they become known.

Looking forward, RFC's next three league matches will screen on a same-day delayed basis on FSC --details on Page 1.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 18 Oct 2007 15:26

Righty right right, no changes --Blackburn (A) screens first-time on a same-day delayed basis on FSC this Saturday from 4:30 PM Eastern.

Same basic story for Newcastle (H) on Saturday the 27th and Fulham (A) on Saturday 3rd November, although the latter will screen an hour later due to the intervening return to winter time over across the waves.

We switch our own clocks back on the following weekend, and --this being a full-service thread and all-- I walk thru the process in the first post to this thread, which is always the place to look for the very latest.

Royal Yank
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: A dry county in North Carolina... but close to the county line. WooHoo!

by Royal Yank » 18 Oct 2007 15:49

One more thing to throw into the mix.

I believe that Comcast Sports has taken over Fox Sports New England. I noticed that the new CSNE channel showed the Readng Pompey game the other night. I am not sure what plans they have to air future prem games, but may be worth checking from time to time.

CSNE is channel 620 on DirecTV

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 18 Oct 2007 16:08

How many games are shown live on the NASN channel NY?

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 23 Oct 2007 14:53

Saturday's home match with Newcastle screens on a same-day delayed basis on FSC from 4:30 PM Eastern U.S. time

UK/EU set their clocks back an hour overnite Saturday/Sunday, but the States don't do it until the following weekend --basically we have an additional hour's wait for things to happen "live" over this side (Sunday's 4:00 PM kickoff, which ordinarily happens at 11:00 AM Eastern U.S., goes from noon Eastern instead).

RY, Comcast do the same thing in my market --I think I saw Citeh and Villa going at it one afternoon as I was flipping around the dial-- but it's just filler to them, and they don't provide much in the way of advance listing.

In other words, it's random stuff that I'm too damn lazy to track.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 30 Oct 2007 13:31

Saturday's match away to Fulham screens in the States on FSC from 5:30 PM Eastern time. Please note that the States revert to standard time overnite Saturday/Sunday.

Match highlights from Fulham may be seen on the SuperSunday+ show on Sunday afternoon from 1:00 PM Eastern on FSC and on the Premier League Review Show, which screens first-time from 8:00 PM Eastern on Sunday and again on Monday from 4:00 AM and 6:00 PM.

The match is scheduled to repeat in full from 3:00 PM on Thursday 8th November.

Next up is Arsenal on Monday 12th November, which is set to screen live on Setanta US and likely will repeat during the evening.

International break after that, and then the match away to Man City on Saturday 24th November is scheduled to screen on a same-day delayed basis on FSC from 4:30 PM Eastern.

Boro at home after that on 1st December, and we don't know anything about it yet. On the following Saturday 8th December, the home match with Liverpool should screen live on FSC from 12:15 PM Eastern.

That'll round it out for now. To see the whole schmear in day-planner format and for other listings of interest, please see the first post to this thread.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 31 Oct 2007 21:05

Great work as usual!

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 06 Nov 2007 01:33

Not a lot of mystery here, folks --next Monday's home match with Arsenal gets the full-on live global treatment, including right here in the States on Setanta US from 3:00 PM Eastern.

They'll show it again from 9:00 that evening and on the following Thursday from 6:45 PM. Then comes the international break, with the usual fare screening here. Of particular interest will be Israel hosting Russia on Saturday the 17th, which FSC will have live from noon Eastern.

England's qualifying finale on Wednesday the 21st will be the standard PPV/pub match and probably cost 20 bucks out of pocket.

FSC have deemed a couple of recent FA Cup encounters between RFC and Birmingham worthy of screening during the internationals weekend; full listings in the first post to this thread.

After the break, here's how it looks (times Eastern U.S):
--Man City (A) Saturday 24th November same-day delayed on FSC from 4:30 PM
--Boro (H) Saturday 1st December same-day delayed on FSC from 10:00 PM
--Liverpool (H) Saturday 8th December live on FSC from 12:15 PM

Within the last hour or so, FSC posted their Premier League broadcast schedule thru the end of December; beyond the Liverpool match, RFC appear nowhere on it --so we'll wait for Setanta to post their own listings and hope for the best.

For full listings of interest in a handy day-planner format, please as always see the first post to this thread.

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 14 Nov 2007 10:39

AAAAAARGH Mrs b_r has tricked me into booking a holiday for 10 days from the 1st December and I forgot to check the fixtures first. Will probably be in Key West drinking Mojitos for the Liverpool game if anyone else is around there.

Arrive in Orlando on the 1st at 6pm so will also be looking for a bar showing FSC for the Borough match (which should be easy given the huge number of Brits in that part of Florida.)

Thanks as always Chi, I would be going mad without your last post.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 14 Nov 2007 14:47

The way I look at it, if one vacation can be salvaged every season, then we've saved 'em all --which makes this exercise entirely worth it for one and all...

Hey --international break, with plenty of stuff on TV over here, and Israel-Russia live on FSC from 1:00 PM on Saturday not least among it; England-Croatia next Wednesday will be a PPV/pay-at-the-pub match and run 20 bucks a head at most venues.

After that --and here I repeat-- we know this much about RFC (times Eastern U.S.):
--Man City (A) Saturday 24th November same-day delayed on FSC from 4:30 PM
--Boro (H) Saturday 1st December same-day delayed on FSC from 10:00 PM
--Liverpool (H) Saturday 8th December live on FSC from 12:15 PM

Our boys won't feature on FSC during the rest of December, so we're counting on Setanta to put 'em on their own list when they get around to posting it.

For detailed listings in day-planner format, please as always see the first post to this thread. Enjoy.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 22 Nov 2007 00:51

Right then, here's what we already knew:
Man City away this Saturday the 24th is a 10:00 kickoff Eastern U.S. time, and FSC will have it on a same-day delayed basis from 4:30 PM.

One week later, on 1st December, the home match with Boro also will screen on delay from 4:30 PM on FSC --please note that the FSC first scheduled it for 10:00 PM Eastern but have been decent enough to move it to a more reasonable hour for most of us.

On the following Saturday 8th December, spare a thought for John Lennon as Liverpool pay a visit to the Madejski. Kickoff over this side falls at 12:15 PM Eastern, and FSC will have it live.

Birmingham away follows on Saturday the 15th, and we don't know anything about this one other than that it will not screen on either FSC or Setanta Xtra; regular ol' Setanta US is our sole remaining hope here, but their December listings are not yet out in full.

What we have learned today:
On Saturday the 22nd, the visit of Sunderland is set to screen live on Setanta Xtra from 10:00 AM Eastern. The Boxing Day trip to West Ham on Wednesday the 26th does not yet appear on a U.S. broadcast schedule, but the match at White Hart Lane on Saturday the 29th is set to screen live on Setanta US from 10:00 AM Eastern.

To see all of this and other fare of interest presented in day-planner format, please see the first post to this thread.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 26 Nov 2007 18:47

No additions or other changes to report regarding December; see the preceding post for full details of what's known.

Saturday's home match with Boro screens on a same-day delayed basis on FSC from 4:30 PM Eastern --this one originally was set to go from 10:00 PM but got moved forward. Kickoff is 3:00 PM UK/10:00 AM EST

Liverpool follows a week later, live on FSC from 12:15 PM Eastern.

Lacking specific knowledge, we at least can look into the new year and do a bit of informed speculation. None of RFC's January matches have been rescheduled for UK TV, so that eliminates a few sure bets.

Nevertheless, the New Year's Day home match with Pompey (it falls on a Tuesday) is one of four Prem games going from 3:00 PM Madejski time, so there's a three-in-four chance that it would be picked up for a live screening on one of the three platforms over here.

Also, it'd be a pretty sensible bet that someone here will be picking up the home match with United on Saturday the 19th and Chelsea away on Wednesday the 30th.

There is also the hope that a Third Round FA Cup tie on the weekend of 5th/6th January might attract the interest of broadcasters once the draw is made.

So we'll see, and that'll wrap it for now. To see all of what's here and other fare of interest laid out in day-planner format, the first post to this thread is always the place to look.

Son of Len

by Son of Len » 30 Nov 2007 15:32

Chicago, I know it's been said before, but now I have reason to thank you for the viewing info.

I don't have cable at home, but tomorrow I'm having a pizza party at our local clubhouse for my boys team. The stated reason is to give the kids participation trophies which we didn't have at our last game. The real reason is to watch Reading at the Mad.

Should I wear my coaches shirt or my hoops?!?

I suppose I need to get on the club board so I have access to the clubhouse and can watch anytime Royals are on!

Thanks again!

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 04 Dec 2007 16:19

Hope you went with the latter Lenson. :wink:

Right, Saturday's home match with Liverpool is scheduled to screen live on FSC. Kickoff is set for 12:15 PM Eastern U.S., and it is set to repeat same-day from 11:00 PM and on Friday the 14th from 3:00 PM (times Eastern on FSC).

Extended match highlights are set to screen on FSC's Super Sunday+ highlights and commentary show, a 90-minute weekly package that goes from 1:00 PM Eastern on Sundays. The weekly Premier League Review Show screens from 11:00 PM Eastern on FSC --three hours later than normal this week-- and again from 6:00 PM on Monday.

The match away to Brum on Saturday the 15th does not appear on any of the U.S. broadcast schedules, so we'll be shut out for just the third time this season. Extended highlights options include Super Sunday+ on FSC from 1:00 PM Eastern on Sunday the 16th and on the Premier League Review Show, which is scheduled to go first-time from 10:00 PM Eastern on the 16th --two hours later than normal. I'll lay it all out again in a week's time.

Nothing else is new with regard to match coverage; see preceding posts for the basics. FSC's January schedule is due out soon, and I'll report here when it does.

One thing of note has been brought to my attention, and that is FSC's daily (M-F) live airing of Sky Sports News' Good Morning Sports Fans from 2:00 AM Eastern (11:00 PM on the West Coast). This can be particularly useful for transfer and managerial sacking news that breaks in the morning over across.

This is in addition to FSC's live daily screening during the work week of Sky Sports News' Evening Update from noon Eastern and Through the Night on an hour's delay from 7:00 PM Eastern (all of this subject to being pre-empted by match coverage, but it's all a part of the normal FSC programming schedule).

Total coverage, folks --that's what we're all about here, and for a look at programming of interest in a handy, easy to read day-planner format, please see the first post to this thread.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 04 Dec 2007 20:02

Here is hoping that the match on the 15th will be on sopcast at least! Great work as usual. And here is hoping that RCFC can continue on with his work and does not need a break very shortly. You don't play golf do you Chi? :lol:

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 11 Dec 2007 17:13

No 'hawkers --I'm a gun nut. :wink:

Right then, no match coverage for this Saturday's match away to Birmingham, which is set to go from 10:00 AM Eastern U.S. time. There'll be a handful of chances to see extended match highlights, but I first wanted to mention that we have the consolation of a repeat screening in full of last Saturday's Liverpool match at 3:00 PM Eastern on FSC this Friday --if you haven't yet heard the commentary of Steve Banyard and Gary O'Reilly, I would invite you to do so and judge for yourself.

As for highlights from Brum, the following options present themselves:
--During normal breaks at halftime and full time of regular weekend match coverage on FSC (full listings in the first post to this thread)
--The weekly Premier League Review Show on FSC, which is scheduled to screen first-time from 10:00 PM on Sunday; that's two hours later than normal
--At 9:00 PM on Sunday, Setanta US will screen its own Premier League Review first-time; they may be one and the same program, but I wouldn't know
--FSC repeats its Premier League Review Show twice: at the hours of 4:00 AM and 4:00 PM next Monday the 17th.

Here's what we know about what's coming up after that:
--Sunderland (H) on Saturday 22nd December is scheduled for live screening on Setanta Xtra from 10:00 AM Eastern. It is set to repeat on regular ol' Setanta US from 1:45 PM and 10:30 PM same-day

--West Ham (A) on Boxing Day, Wednesday the 26th is now listed on one of the unofficial "what's on TV" sites has as a live screening on Setanta US from 8:00 AM Eastern --but this is yet to be confirmed by Setanta, and we should know for sure by Friday and will update one way or the other

--Tottenham (A) on Saturday 29th December also is scheduled to screen live on Setanta Xtra from 10:00 AM Eastern, and there should be repeat screenings to be announced

Looking ahead into January, FSC have issued a partial schedule for the month, and the home match with Pompey on New Year's Day is scheduled to screen on a same-day delayed basis from 2:30 PM Eastern.

Nowhere else on FSC's partial January broadcast schedule does RFC appear, so the hope will be that Setanta will be picking them up --although the midweek match away to Chelsea on the 30th cannot yet be ruled out as an FSC possibility. Nothing to report about the Cup tie with Tottenham on Saturday the 5th, either.

The whole schmear may be seen in a handy, e-zee-to-read day-planner format in the first post to this thread, which is always the place to check for the very latest.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 11 Dec 2007 19:03

So any idea on if Sopcast will work for this Saturday's game? I have gotten spoiled with my Setanta subscription and FSC that I haven't had to chase around many Sopcast broadcasts this year. I will keep my fingers crossed that it is showing on some Chinese broadcast or something.

630 posts