The Warnock post match moan thread

239 posts
Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 22 Jan 2007 17:32

And anyway, the refs report will hopefully include what Warnock said. If it turns out he actually said "break all their oxf*rd legs", then I would hope action is taken.

However as it is likely to confrim Warnocks version of events, I hope that we can all get over this...

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 22 Jan 2007 18:14

I had a lucky coincidence on this this afternoon. II was up at the FA on a completely different matter, and I was in the lift telling my contact there exactly what I'd seen on Saturday, when in walks Brain Barwick.

So, of course, I carried on, saying that from what I'd seen that NW was deliberately trying to encourage his players to cause injury.

BB chipped in by saying "allegedly" and I told him that I'd seen it with my own eyes and have no doubts. Doubt it'll lead to anything but it's a few more little bits of reality in the eyes of the FA.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 22 Jan 2007 19:02

Dirk Gently I had a lucky coincidence on this this afternoon. II was up at the FA on a completely different matter, and I was in the lift telling my contact there exactly what I'd seen on Saturday, when in walks Brain Barwick.

So, of course, I carried on, saying that from what I'd seen that NW was deliberately trying to encourage his players to cause injury.

BB chipped in by saying "allegedly" and I told him that I'd seen it with my own eyes and have no doubts. Doubt it'll lead to anything but it's a few more little bits of reality in the eyes of the FA.
:roll:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Jan 2007 19:16

Dirk, with respect, I don't think what you SAW proves anything, it's what was heard that is crucial. What did Warnock actually SAY?

Whitehurst

by Whitehurst » 22 Jan 2007 19:31

Yorkshire Royal Warnock is stupid, but not stupid enough to publicly encourage his team to break opponents legs...

Unless the opponent's name is Gary Kelly, you mean?

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 22 Jan 2007 19:36

Warnock is actually guest commentator on Plymouth v Coventry tonight on SS1 right now (Floodlights are currently oxf*rded so we might get some chat. His is also on with his 'mate' Kevin Blackwell.

Let's see if he tries to further play down the incident on Sat and spout more b*ll*cks about what really went on !?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 22 Jan 2007 19:45

On a blades forum someone has Sky+'d the incident and claims he can lipread Warnock saying "Break his oxf*rd leg Monty"

Aso why did Warnock wait over an hour after the game before talking to the press with his side of the story? Possibly because he was busy concocting a plausible explanation for his actions?

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 22 Jan 2007 19:50

Nezhen Warnock is actually guest commentator on Plymouth v Coventry tonight on SS1 right now (Floodlights are currently oxf*rded so we might get some chat. His is also on with his 'mate' Kevin Blackwell.

Let's see if he tries to further play down the incident on Sat and spout more b*ll*cks about what really went on !?

As usual he comes over as a really nice bloke who is always worth listening to with something interesting to say. But that is the other side of Neil Warnock.

He certainly has a split personality when it comes to football.

LimpBiscuit

by LimpBiscuit » 22 Jan 2007 20:21

Wally Downes could be clearly seen remonstrating with the 4th official, making the stamping gesture whilst pointing to Colin. This was moments before it all kicked off.

I think Wally was wrong in what he did, but I completely understand him doing it, considering what he's obviously interpreted as happened.

I have just trawled through 12 pages ( 8 if you discount RR's repetition) and have come to the conclusion that this will be my only comment on Colin oxf*rd. Too much has been written and spoken about a man who just isn't worth the waste of the planets resourses.

Goodbye and thanks for all the fish.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 22 Jan 2007 22:37

Did anyone notice Colin's role on Trial and Retribution tonight?

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 22 Jan 2007 23:02

Daily Mail Warnock was so concerned that the Royals' first team coach Wally Downes wanted to take their touchline feud further that he locked himself in the visitors dressing room at the final whistle.

all mouth and no trousers :lol:

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 23 Jan 2007 10:54

Whitehurst Unless the opponent's name is Gary Kelly, you mean?

Well no, that's not the same. I think you will find that Colin said, to Kevin Blackwell:

"I hope he [Kelly] breaks his oxf*rd leg next time."

So in fact, he did not incite his players to break anyones legs.. He was reported to the 4th official (clearly this statement is out of order, but not the same as inciting his players to harm their opponents) and sent to the stands. In fact, Colin's rant was based on several bad tackles (in his eyes) that Kelly made. So he hoped he broke his leg next time he did it..

There you go... completely different.. If you bothered to read up on the "kelly" incident you will see I am right...

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 23 Jan 2007 11:15

If the rumour about Gillespie handing in a transfer request is true, you have to wonder why that is. Might it be because he wasn't happy that Warnock's instruction led him to get sent off?

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 23 Jan 2007 11:38

SpaceCruiser If the rumour about Gillespie handing in a transfer request is true, you have to wonder why that is. Might it be because he wasn't happy that Warnock's instruction led him to get sent off?

Also possible that Warnock has hung him out to dry over the incident, despite Warnock instructing him to take those actions to start with.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 23 Jan 2007 11:45

SpaceCruiser If the rumour about Gillespie handing in a transfer request is true, you have to wonder why that is. Might it be because he wasn't happy that Warnock's instruction led him to get sent off?

It's over a contract issue that has been rumbling on for quite a while.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Jan 2007 11:48

:lol:

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 23 Jan 2007 14:16

Interestingly enough another Reading Manager was sent to the stands this weekend

Cambridge Evening News Once again, United lost much of their shape, fight and discipline after conceding a goal. And discipline was something referee Roger East felt Quinn was lacking when he sent him to the stand for the second half after tempers flared in the tunnel at the break.

It came after Quinn pushed Borough's Adam Miller aside to give a piece of his mind to the official over a couple of first-half incidents.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jan 2007 16:06

Uke Interestingly enough another Reading Manager was sent to the stands this weekend

Cambridge Evening News Once again, United lost much of their shape, fight and discipline after conceding a goal. And discipline was something referee Roger East felt Quinn was lacking when he sent him to the stand for the second half after tempers flared in the tunnel at the break.

It came after Quinn pushed Borough's Adam Miller aside to give a piece of his mind to the official over a couple of first-half incidents.

LOL I hadn't heard that.

poor choice of manager IMO Cambridge are doomed and looking like losing their place in the Conference to local minnows Histon. :lol:

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 23 Jan 2007 16:28

Ian Royal
Uke Interestingly enough another Reading Manager was sent to the stands this weekend

And with City in dispute over their ground sale it seems that Peterborough's the nearest 'quality' football

At least they have mini-fergi

LOL I hadn't heard that.

poor choice of manager IMO Cambridge are doomed and looking like losing their place in the Conference to local minnows Histon. :lol:

239 posts