Seol

308 posts
Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 01 Mar 2007 17:32

Coppell's Right Footed 11
Top Flight To express dissatisfaction after yet another lazy performance!

He has been lazy yes but hes not in the first team at the moment...think some people are a bit naive and have forgotten just how many results we picked up at the start of the season with Seol a major factor because of this.

But that's what fuels the arguments further. He looks a far different player now. Less interested, lazy, like he's proved himself. We're lucky we seem to only have one player like that, West Ham have a squad full.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Mar 2007 17:33

He has been lazy yes but hes not in the first team at the moment...think some people are a bit naive and have forgotten just how many results we picked up at the start of the season with Seol a major factor because of this.

Thats true.........

Fans can accept a trier who lacks ability
Fans can accept a lazy oaf who is effective all the time and dazzles in every match despite being lazy. (Le Tissier)

But if your quality is sporadic and infrequent and on top of that you never try, then that can't be tolerated by fans.

This is how simple it is.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Mar 2007 17:38

I remember that at the COMS stadium (Man City), the City fans had a banner up saying something along the lines of:

Its our dream to play for City. You are the 11 people who are lucky enough to wear the shirt, Now play like we dream........

Or something like that.... Go and earn the shirt...... type of statements.

As in the City players are so lucky to wear the shirt. Now they better work damn hard and earn the right. As in lack of effort is so completely unacceptable.

Seol is so lucky to be able to wear the hoops........ He must play like we dream!

If he doesn't play like we dream, then the fans will put a rocket up him as was demonstrated at the Madejski on Tuesday night........

Which over civilianized numpties have got a problem with that?

Oh yeah, Reading Bedding has a problem with that. For better beds at better prices, remember Reading Bedding has got a problem with that. The place to be heading is Reading Bedding.

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 01 Mar 2007 17:43

Top Flight

Thats true.........

Fans can accept a lazy oaf who is effective all the time and dazzles in every match despite being lazy. (Le Tissier)

But if your quality is sporadic and infrequent and on top of that you never try, then that can't be tolerated by fans.

You say that but i don't see how Seol has really differentiated from the start of the season? hes not in the first team as Little is in there. If he had of scored on tuesday and still played how he did im not sure so many would be on his back. The simple fact is you can't change a player like Seol otherwise it would of happened by now. The lad has the talent but as mentioned isn't pulling the 110% we want from players and therefore isn't in the squad most games.

As Peter Kay says "what he lacks in ability he makes up in determination" and i feel this is exactly why so many people have started to take a big liking to Stephen Hunt.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Mar 2007 17:44

Every other Reading player plays like we dream............

Respect to Murty, Kitson, Doyle, Sidwell, Shorey, Hahnemann, Sonko, Ingimarsson, Little, Hunt, Convey, Lita, Long, Federici, Harper, Gunnarsson, Oster, Sonko, Bikey, Sodje, Duberry, Halford and of course not to forget Halls.

lightning strikes

by lightning strikes » 01 Mar 2007 17:45

the people who booed Seol are morons who know nothing about football. I guarantee everyone of them would say Parky was their favourite player. I loved the bloke for his commitment but the fact is he was only in the team when we were rubbish - we got good and finished second in the league he barely played.

seol is quality. ok it wasn't a vintage game for him but he still regularly beat his man and and put in three or four decent crosses.

Scylla

by Scylla » 01 Mar 2007 17:48

OK Humpty.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Mar 2007 17:49

Top Flight

Thats true.........

You say that but i don't see how Seol has really differentiated from the start of the season? hes not in the first team as Little is in there. If he had of scored on tuesday and still played how he did im not sure so many would be on his back. The simple fact is you can't change a player like Seol otherwise it would of happened by now. The lad has the talent but as mentioned isn't pulling the 110% we want from players and therefore isn't in the squad most games.

As Peter Kay says "what he lacks in ability he makes up in determination" and i feel this is exactly why so many people have started to take a big liking to Stephen Hunt.

Thats right........ We love Hunt because he works hard. He doesn't have the same flair as Convey or Seol or Oster or Little but he is in the team because his hard work makes him a more effective player and helps the team win games.

Seol hasn't differentiated from the start of the season at all.

At the start he was lazy but at times he dazzled with his flair and made things happened.

Fans can accept a player who is lazy but dazzles regularly. Le Tissier at Saints.

However, Seol isn't dazzling often enough and he is a lazy player. So if he aint gonna dazzle and give anything to the team and he aint gonna try hard then he is gonna get booed.

Seol is the same Seol from the start of the season. I think everyone noticed his laziness from the very beginning.

Wolves fans say exactly the same thing about Seol so its no surprise. he fades away and doesn't bother.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Mar 2007 17:50

Scylla

OK Humpty.

Right then Dumpty

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 01 Mar 2007 17:52

Scylla

OK Humpty.

I doubt the Grand Old Duke of York could save him.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 01 Mar 2007 17:53

Personally hate booing and think I'd rather put my trust in SC to sort him out

Im sure SKH is disappointed with his own form but he must work hard to get his form back but he didnt do himself any favours on Tuesday or in his last half dozen of appearances.

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 01 Mar 2007 17:59

Top Flight
Top Flight

Thats true.........

Thats right........ We love Hunt because he works hard. He doesn't have the same flair as Convey or Seol or Oster or Little but he is in the team because his hard work makes him a more effective player and helps the team win games.

Seol hasn't differentiated from the start of the season at all.

At the start he was lazy but at times he dazzled with his flair and made things happened.

Fans can accept a player who is lazy but dazzles regularly. Le Tissier at Saints.

However, Seol isn't dazzling often enough and he is a lazy player. So if he aint gonna dazzle and give anything to the team and he aint gonna try hard then he is gonna get booed.

Seol is the same Seol from the start of the season. I think everyone noticed his laziness from the very beginning.

Wolves fans say exactly the same thing about Seol so its no surprise. he fades away and doesn't bother.

What im trying to say is that Seol isn't in the side though anymore because of Little's form and the fact he is bloody lazy and Coppell has realised this. His chance was in the cups to show himself and to be honest he failed. I really don't think we will see Seol again this season also due to the fact that Oster is really trying hard and looked brilliant on tuesday night.

Agh well not everything can work out but Seol was a big part to our great start and whether he is lazy and never plays for us again he helped us get where we are and justified his price tag nevertheless

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 01 Mar 2007 18:02

Royalee You really do lack the ability to read. As has been previously stated, there have been players down the years who have tried but not been good enough. However, Seol clearly is of a good enough standard technically as he showed at the beginning of the season and if he was 'out of form', do you think he'd have had enough quality to hit that shot in the first half? Of course not, it would have hit the corner flag.

The frustrating thing is that I know he can do that when he has the ball and I'd put him in the top 5-10 wingers in the Premiership when he wants it, but he never looks for the ball, chases or tackles at the moment, which is something I and many other fans can't put up with.

But you have said that effort leads to form. and in the sentence before you said there are no connection between effort and form. Read your original post again.....

Little doesnt tackle any more than Seol - its just that he is more successful when he does tackle. But lack of success at tackling shouldnt mean someone is lazy.

In the end both you and Top Flight want players who reflect your personality, tryers, you'd rather have a player who trys 100%, plays to the best of their ability but might still be poor. i'd rather have a player who perhaps doesnt do all the things that are assumed to be effort (like chasing and tackling) if they can perform moments of magic. And whatever type of player you want you should support the eleven in blue and white. Booing or the right to boo Is counterproductive and usually done by those who are thick. hence Royalees boos.

None of you can come up with a shred of evidence that shows that booing works - but hey as long as it makes some of you feel better and be less worried about paying your hard earned money to watch Reading, you all carry on being destructive rather than constructive.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Mar 2007 18:07

Can you provide some evidence that booing doesn't work?

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 01 Mar 2007 18:09

i remember when we signed Seol from Wolves, a Wolves fan posted on the rivals board that you will love this player til 10 games in, he will start to take his position for granted, become lazy, then you will hate the man.

How right he was, although if anybody can turn round a players attitude its Coppell. He has undoubted class that could be invaluable for us in coming seasons.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 01 Mar 2007 18:11

Top Flight Can you provide some evidence that booing doesn't work?

Not sure if it can be proved either way :roll:

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Mar 2007 18:13

I think some people can be motivated when they are booed.

Ronaldo thrives on being booed.

Beckham raises his game when he is booed and disliked.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 01 Mar 2007 18:14

Top Flight Can you provide some evidence that booing doesn't work?

Yep - I'll use the Meaker example that you amusely quoted. Meaker played well for QPR - he came to Reading and had a few bad games. The crowd booed him and he lost confidence played worse and left. When he left he conceeded that he'd lost confidence because of the crowd reaction and that he should never have left QPR......

Meaker did play well for one club - but his confidence was shattered...

Andy Hughes also played worse after he was booed - coppell said as much

thanks for the opportunity to prove you wrong.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Mar 2007 18:14

Some people find strength in adversity!

That is the motivation behind booing Seol.

He clearly feels too comfortable at RFC and is taking things for granted. He hasn't responded to fans encouraging him so now the fans are trying the boo technique.

Lets see if it works with Seol.

Lita seemed to raise his game after being called lazy on HNA.

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 01 Mar 2007 18:14

Top Flight I think some people can be motivated when they are booed.

Ronaldo thrives on being booed.

Beckham raises his game when he is booed and disliked.

Completly different though and they are being booed by the opposition rather than their own fans

308 posts