236 posts
Fezza

Re: The Leroy Lita Tribute Thread

by Fezza » 25 Apr 2008 15:17

Royal Rother Looks like another climbdown on the accusation of lying. That's good.

Nope still saying that they have deliberately misled the fans this season as to our ambitions!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 25 Apr 2008 15:34

Royal Rother
And as I said, I can't be bothered to give concrete examples.

Shall we take that as a climbdown then?

It's actually nonsense and insulting to suggest that RFC have lied to their fans. In JM and SC we probably have the Chairman and Manager with the highest integrity level of any in the PL. For sure, statements of intention have been made and not followed through for a whole variety of reasons, but that is very far removed from blatant lying which is what you said they were guilty of.

You can take it that way if you like, but I'm 100% that Coppell and Dillion praised Lita's attitude around the time he spat his dummy out after the Spurs game and at the time he left. They were comments on the radio that I guess might be in print somewhere but I'm not that fussed about digging them out, if they exist at all.

As for the other 'lies' or misleading spin, there are other examples, such as the motives behind the loyalty point scheme, the hike in ST prices and the investment in strengthening squad. To varying degree's I think we've been misled and occassionally lied to and I'm just tired of all the soundbites coming out of the club, thats all.

If you want to take that as a climbdown then be my guest, it won't spoil my weekend anymore than the impending doom surrounding the club already has! :(

zummerset

by zummerset » 25 Apr 2008 15:45

I think that one mans liar is another mans freedom fighter. :wink:

RFC has a communications strategy that works in the media because no one cares/ forgets a day later. Doesn't work with HNA obsessives because they will endlessly pick apart, research and huff about the smallest point rather than do any work all day.

As this is Leroys thread - go bad boi go!

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 25 Apr 2008 15:59

zummerset I think that one mans liar is another mans freedom fighter. :wink:

RFC has a communications strategy that works in the media because no one cares/ forgets a day later. Doesn't work with HNA obsessives because they will endlessly pick apart, research and huff about the smallest point rather than do any work all day.

As this is Leroys thread - go bad boi go!

I wouldn't limit it to just RFC, btw

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Apr 2008 17:46

Hoop Blah
Royal Rother
And as I said, I can't be bothered to give concrete examples.

Shall we take that as a climbdown then?

It's actually nonsense and insulting to suggest that RFC have lied to their fans. In JM and SC we probably have the Chairman and Manager with the highest integrity level of any in the PL. For sure, statements of intention have been made and not followed through for a whole variety of reasons, but that is very far removed from blatant lying which is what you said they were guilty of.

You can take it that way if you like, but I'm 100% that Coppell and Dillion praised Lita's attitude around the time he spat his dummy out after the Spurs game and at the time he left. They were comments on the radio that I guess might be in print somewhere but I'm not that fussed about digging them out, if they exist at all.

As for the other 'lies' or misleading spin, there are other examples, such as the motives behind the loyalty point scheme, the hike in ST prices and the investment in strengthening squad. To varying degree's I think we've been misled and occassionally lied to and I'm just tired of all the soundbites coming out of the club, thats all.

If you want to take that as a climbdown then be my guest, it won't spoil my weekend anymore than the impending doom surrounding the club already has! :(

You've forgotten the free parking at our new stadium!

But, of course, that was all the council's fault! The club did want to offer free parking - honest!! That's why they've done their utmost to keep car park prices to an absolute minimum and not impose any increases! :lol:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 27 Apr 2008 19:44

free car park?

its a football club run as a business, not a charity

the busses are only a fiver from all over the surrounding area
and moaning about the seqason ticket"hike"seems daft when we always seem to be moaning about not spending enough cash, if we hadnt put them up, god knows who we could have bought

cheap cheap, wherever we may be,
we are the mighty RFC
we could have bought ronaldo, or lionel messi
but we got lanky jimmy kebe

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 27 Apr 2008 21:22

brendywendy free car park?

its a football club run as a business, not a charity

the busses are only a fiver from all over the surrounding area

The whole point is that the club said they would be free.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 28 Apr 2008 13:52

Fezza
West Stand Man
Hoop Blah

It's all spin and PR. I don't think you can take anything seriously when it comes out of a club employee's mouth.

We've been lied to and misled from the day we won promotion, unfortunately it's just par for the course in modern day football.

Go on then. Give us a few concrete examples of lies that have emanated from the club.

We're looking to push on to the next level - November 08
3 or 4 signings of experienced Premiership players is a must - Summer 07
We're going to develop the stadium
We care about the cup

Sure there are more!!!!

Is that we'll push on in November 08 or they'll say we're looking to push on in November 08? Either way, how do you know?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 May 2008 12:05

OK amidst the tremendous depression understandably following on from Saturday's capitulation/result, there seems to be very little mention of just how well Lita played.

He may have deserved some of the criticism he has received in the past but on Saturday I thought he gave his all to the cause. Battling away, chasing everything down, great pace, good runs off the ball, tracking back into his own half to put in challenges and win back the ball, tremendous strength on the ball, setting other players up with opportunities!! and only once falling over when Webb rightly awarded him a freekick for what had been a hefty shove in the back.

I'm sure some will argue that the new reinvigorated Lita only appeared because Coppell sent him out on loan. I tend to think it was because he was finally given a proper chance to show what he can do.

I can't help thinking that had he been given a proper chance earlier in the season we wouldn't now be standing on the trap door as it opens!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 May 2008 12:38

Can't knock him - he fought hard and used his fairly limited talent to reasonable effect, which is what he has done in most of the games he's played this season. But he hasn't scored in the PL though and doesn't look like doing so. Still, even though they were pretty hopeless efforts, I was glad to see someone actually shoot at goal.

Perhaps he'll break his duck on Sunday.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 05 May 2008 12:53

Wish I had his 'fairly limited talent'.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 May 2008 12:57

As do many strikers currently plying their trade in League 1 I'm sure.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 05 May 2008 13:14

What or who are you comparing his 'fairly limited talent' with then?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 May 2008 13:17

Premier League strikers. A reasonable enough comparison I'd have thought considering that's what he's currently being paid to be.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 05 May 2008 13:23

He may have to leave RFC to play in the Prem.
We may not be good enough for the Premiership.
We'll see next week.

Using your reasonable comparison apart from the Keeper, we have quite a few players who are looking fairly limited at this moment of time.
Not just Lita, he's not the only one.
Not at all.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 May 2008 13:27

Agreed - and we can only expect players to produce what they are capable of. I long suspected that Lita was nowhere near as good as other people thought - unfortunately most of the rest have proved to be nowhere as good as I thought!!

236 posts