Coppell Looks For Excuses Already

223 posts
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Coppell Looks For Excuses Already

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 06 Aug 2008 12:06

We could sign players better than what we have.

Kebe's fun, but is he really the guy you want playing right wing? Especially with Hunt on the left.

Lat year we saw what happens when you have two winger who can't cross. Your whole team falls appart. Everyone agreed at the beginning of the summer we have needed a new right winger for over a year, some of us could see that last summer.

Kebe's a risk, you leave him as 2nd choice and if he turns into the new Henry he'll be in the side anyway, if he's crap, it doesn't matter. At the moment, if Kebe does not improve, we've once again, got no right wingers.

We saw what happens when you just make do.

In fact, saying to give people we already have a try, is exactly what people said last summer. See where that got us.

As I said last summer, stand still and you go backwards.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 06 Aug 2008 12:10

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe We could sign players better than what we have.

Kebe's fun, but is he really the guy you want playing right wing? Especially with Hunt on the left.

Lat year we saw what happens when you have two winger who can't cross. Your whole team falls appart. Everyone agreed at the beginning of the summer we have needed a new right winger for over a year, some of us could see that last summer.

Kebe's a risk, you leave him as 2nd choice and if he turns into the new Henry he'll be in the side anyway, if he's crap, it doesn't matter. At the moment, if Kebe does not improve, we've once again, got no right wingers.

In fact, saying to give people we already have a try, is exactly what people said last summer. See where that got us.

But we have given him a try pre-season and he's looked good. Why buy someone in now?

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 06 Aug 2008 12:18

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe We could sign players better than what we have.

And if Kebe's 2nd choice where does that leave our England under 19 international? At some stage we have to give these kids the opportunity

I don't disagree with your point with regards to Kebe but all signings are a risk. I'm just not sure we're in the market place for players that you would instantly say with authority would come straight in and play right wing or as a tough tackling central midfielder as an example.

As i said i'd rather we look at the resources we do have available (Academy players and recent signings Hunt,Kebe and Marek) before necessarily pushing the boat out.

Of course as with all the comments i make i should point out that i'm quite content with mid table for a couple of seasons if it means we start integrating our own academy players into the first team and start slowly building up another promotion challenging side. I fully understand thats not how others see it.

223 posts