DROP ROSENIOR

251 posts
Ojc

Re: DROP ROSENIOR

by Ojc » 02 Sep 2009 16:45

Mr Angry Just bear in mind how Keane was at Sunderland; brought in nearly 60 players whilst there.

He will be fine as long as he gets fed lots of money and constantly told how brilliant he is.

And? So what? He got promoted and Sunderland are still in the Premiership unlike Reading & Ipswich?

I fail to see your point.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 02 Sep 2009 16:47

Ojc
Mr Angry Just bear in mind how Keane was at Sunderland; brought in nearly 60 players whilst there.

He will be fine as long as he gets fed lots of money and constantly told how brilliant he is.

And? So what? He got promoted and Sunderland are still in the Premiership unlike Reading & Ipswich?

I fail to see your point.

Didn't he nearly get Sunderland relegated and was only sacked halfway through the season to avoid relegation?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 02 Sep 2009 17:02

Deathy I thought when he came here, after impressing at Fulham, that we had a bright up and coming right back. A former England U21 talking about breaking into the full national squad. Instead, we get someone who talks a good game but is utterly terrible at playing it.
He's forever being caught out of position, he gives the ball away so so often as well, and he's forever shrugging his shoulders. I don't know if Kelly is fully fit, or even up to it yet, but Liam Rosenior is awful and is huge weakness is a young and new defence.

Way back last season when we played Bristol City at home and our downfall started I remember cursing non-stop at Rosenior for being totally inept.

He puts in good shots and crosses sometimes but gives the ball away so many times i've come to regard him as an absolute liability.

Little surprise that losing Murty for Rosenior kind of coincided with our downward spiral.

I think BR is spot on changing things there.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Sep 2009 17:46

Last game I was at I had to bite my fist to prevent a tirade of abuse being directed at Rosenior after he gave the ball away cheaply and stupidly for about the 8th time.

Didn't want to look like the moron behind us who was shouting mindless criticism of one of the other players for no real reason. And also I try and avoid swearing too much in front of my nephew.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 02 Sep 2009 18:19

I thought Rodgers would suss him out fairly quickly, love it!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Sep 2009 11:59

Royalee I thought Rodgers would suss him out fairly quickly, love it!

Getting rid of LOLiam certainly makes up for losing Harper IMO.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Sep 2009 12:01

How does it "make up for losing Harper"? Stupid comment. Either you wanted Harper to go or you didn't. If you didn't, how does Rosenior also going "make up" for it?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Sep 2009 12:04

Royal Lady How does it "make up for losing Harper"? Stupid comment. Either you wanted Harper to go or you didn't. If you didn't, how does Rosenior also going "make up" for it?

I am sad to see Harper go, I think that is bad news. However Rosenior leaving makes me a very happy bunny.

So, the good news makes up for the bad news. Comprendi?

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 03 Sep 2009 12:30

Ballboys and girls around the Mad Stad are heaving a sigh of relief.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 03 Sep 2009 13:13

I said to Woodcote during the Forest game that Liam looked like the weak link and would need to buck up or will be out...... fair shout to Rodgers for making his mind up and acting so swiftly.

As for Roy Keane - the point I was making (not terribly well) is that his track record is that he was very, very good at spending vast sums of money on as many players as he can possibly get into his team, and then dispensing with them equally as quickly if he feels they aren't up to his standards (Halford is an example). Sunderland's owners had deep (and now have even deeper) pockets - the question I would ask if I was an Ipswich fan is: do the Ipswich board have equally deep pockets?

And didn't he leave Sunderland because he objected to being questioned by the Sunderland board as to why, despite spending so much money, they were struggling in the bottom 5 or 6......... typical ego-maniac; "how DARE you question me - you don't have my medals......" Watch out if the poor start to the season continues for a while. Could be a fun few months in Suffolk!

Forever Reading
Location: We are the boys of the Elm Park Choir, Singing on a Saturday keeps us fit....

by Forever Reading » 03 Sep 2009 15:14

I have just listened to Hammond on the OS saying that the Rosenior deal was good business for us so there must have been a fee in there somewhere.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 03 Sep 2009 15:20

Forever Reading I have just listened to Hammond on the OS saying that the Rosenior deal was good business for us so there must have been a fee in there somewhere.

Probably, or it could just be good business to replace a high earner (with the loaning club picking up his wages) with a low earner. Could save us a tidy sum over the remaining length of Rosenior's contract.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 03 Sep 2009 15:26

Rosenior is no loss to us how he played in the premier for Fulham for 3 seasons beggers belief.

With Cummings signed we might have a player that can defend, throw the ball in from a throw in, have a first touch keeping control of the ball and a player who can beat a defender to put a cross in box.

Rosenior was very poor on the above.

Looking forward to the Donnie and Cardiff home games.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Sep 2009 17:14

Oh, my brother knows someone fairly involved in the MK Dons supporters club, so I asked him to get his opinion on Cummings.

Got this response: "Dons glad to see him go. Tends to showboat and give away the ball."

Sounds like a flashier Rosenior to me. :| Look forward to seeing him prove them wrong having matured.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 03 Sep 2009 17:17

He was 18 when at Dons wasn't he?

Lots of enthusiasm, desire to impress, none of the maturity required to actually do it.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Sep 2009 17:21

ZacNaloen He was 18 when at Dons wasn't he?

Lots of enthusiasm, desire to impress, none of the maturity required to actually do it.

Hence my hope he proves them wrong after maturing.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Sep 2009 17:34

WBA supporters generally reckon he showed promise but was better going forward than defensively (a massive cock up waiting to happen) and won't be greatly missed. However 2 assists and won a penalty in 4 games so no-one is really down on him. They wish him well.

PS What an exceedingly polite board... http://www.westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=45230.0

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 09 Sep 2009 17:13

http://footytweets.com/reading/news/143737

Rosenior expressing his thoughts on the move.
Thought this was an appropriate thread?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 Sep 2009 17:17

SteveRoyal http://footytweets.com/reading/news/143737

Usual footballer banality there from Liam.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Sep 2009 17:58

Stranded
SteveRoyal http://footytweets.com/reading/news/143737

Usual footballer banality there from Liam.

Well he quickly got over his desire to stay at Reading and make the Premier League with us.

Just shows he's media aware, if not clever enough to disguise that he's just spouting what he thinks he's expected to say, rather than what he thinks.

251 posts