Matt Mills

708 posts
brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Matt Mills

by brendywendy » 17 Mar 2010 12:41

Forbury Lion Big deal - Matt Mills leaves the pitch in a rush after the final whistle..... If I had £1 for every Reading fan who left in a rush before the final whistle I'd be quids in.

i have it on good authority that he just needed a wee :lol:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Mar 2010 12:41

Still Hate Futcher! I can't believe how many people on here are defending Mills' actions.

Whatever provocation he received (and my take on it from Y24 was that he just got a few groans, which escalated to boos after the gesture) you can't give your own fans the finger before storming off and shoving the assistant manager out of the way. It wasn't passionate, it was arrogant and unproffesional.

What next? I'd like to see him fined, make a genuine apology and then for the fans to forget it and get behind him and the team.

get over yourself.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Mar 2010 12:42

brendywendy
Wycombe Royal
3 veesinarow Anyone who is upset and says the behaviour of Mills was unacceptable and outrageous to anyone with a kid at the game REALLY does need to look at themselves as they subject their kid to far worse forms of human behaviour every time their plonk their kid down in a seat at a football game.

That is more an example of what is wrong with the game.

Are you saying that kids should be allowed to have the opportunity to watch our national sport just because of a few morons who can't express themselves without swearing?

Kids should be able to go to football and that should not have to listen to yooofs and middle aged men who need to grow up shouting expletives everytime a pass is misplaced.

no, football should be able to continue in the same manner as always without having to pander to kids and women.
if you dont like it dont go, or sit in the west stand, its simple.

i guarantee theyve all heard and said worse at school.

It is obvious you don't have kids. It's always happened and therefore it shouldn't change. What a stupid attitude and I'm glad that the club don't agree with you. It's not about pandering to anyone, there should be no need to use foul and abusive language anywhere.

With your view they might as well allow swearing at any time on TV because we can always turn it off.

I want to be able to sit in my current seat where I have sat since the stadium opened and be able to bring my children to the matches without this one individual swearing all match. He is the ONLY one in the area where I sit who does it. So it is the minority that feel the need to constantly swear and who spoil it with young kids.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Mar 2010 12:44

bigshaka'away' I was sat high up in Y25.

As has been said many times, there were groans not boos directed at him after he had hit the millionth long ball to nobody....the Booing started after the finger, and rightly so. Then it stopped fairly quickly. Appropriate response i thought. Or would you have prefered us all to give him a round of applause?

Stop slagging off the East Stand - im sure you are the same people who complain about a lack of atmosphere at games etc etc. At least we sing and make some noise, if we all sat there watching the game from the towering moral heights you all do then it would be utter silence.

The East stand is the heart of the club.

the rotten, mouldy and blackend heart
:lol:

well done you lot. boo your own players on a regular basis, but as long as you are the heart of the club :roll:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Mar 2010 12:47

Wycombe Royal
brendywendy
Wycombe Royal That is more an example of what is wrong with the game.

Are you saying that kids should be allowed to have the opportunity to watch our national sport just because of a few morons who can't express themselves without swearing?

Kids should be able to go to football and that should not have to listen to yooofs and middle aged men who need to grow up shouting expletives everytime a pass is misplaced.

no, football should be able to continue in the same manner as always without having to pander to kids and women.
if you dont like it dont go, or sit in the west stand, its simple.

i guarantee theyve all heard and said worse at school.

It is obvious you don't have kids. It's always happened and therefore it shouldn't change. What a stupid attitude and I'm glad that the club don't agree with you. It's not about pandering to anyone, there should be no need to use foul and abusive language anywhere.

With your view they might as well allow swearing at any time on TV because we can always turn it off.

I want to be able to sit in my current seat where I have sat since the stadium opened and be able to bring my children to the matches without this one individual swearing all match. He is the ONLY one in the area where I sit who does it. So it is the minority that feel the need to constantly swear and who spoil it with young kids.

i take my god son to games all the time. i cover his little ears if it gets heated.
personally i thoroughly enjoyed my time as a teen at elm park, and the sight of grown men swearing in unison was a source of great joy and wonderous awe to me.

The west stand is for people who want to watch the game in silence, with the children, and sensitive people.

its what its for. LOL at anyone moaning in th eother sections of thr ground when its you thats sat in the wrong place

its not me is it? :oops:

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 17 Mar 2010 12:54

Wycombe Royal It is obvious you don't have kids. It's always happened and therefore it shouldn't change. What a stupid attitude and I'm glad that the club don't agree with you. It's not about pandering to anyone, there should be no need to use foul and abusive language anywhere.

ALOL - Why don't you just pretend it's not happening. As every parent does with every child at football.

It also teaches your kids a lesson in double standards - it's OK to swear at football, but not elsewhere - which will be invaluable.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 17 Mar 2010 12:56

brendywendy
i take my god son to games all the time. i cover his little ears if it gets heated.
personally i thoroughly enjoyed my time as a teen at elm park, and the sight of grown men swearing in unison was a source of great joy and wonderous awe to me.

The swearing never bothered me as a kid, and I think it just seemed normal to me. But, there again, I'm from Coley Park. What annoys me these days is not so much the swearing but certain individuals who seem to think they are at Hyde Park Corner and have the right to keep up a barrage of manic-street-preaching and contradictory drivel throughout the match.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Mar 2010 12:57

brendywendy i take my god son to games all the time. i cover his little ears if it gets heated.

The west stand is for people who want to watch the game in silence, with the children, and sensitive people.

its what its for. LOL at anyone moaning in th eother sections of thr ground when its you thats sat in the wrong place

I'm not talking about teens, I am talking about young children. As for what you think the West Stand is for, no it isn't. Foul and abusive language is not allowed ANYWHERE in the stadium, it is not a right to be able to swear. It has nothing to do with wanting sit in silence (which I don't) nor sensitive people, whatever that means.

So no I am not sat in the wrong place. Everyone else in the area I sit manages not to use foul and abusive language, it is just this one individual. He is the one who is in the wrong and regardless of what you believe it is not acceptable.

brendywendy its not me is it? :oops:
I doubt it.
Last edited by Wycombe Royal on 17 Mar 2010 12:57, edited 2 times in total.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 17 Mar 2010 12:57

Baines
Wycombe Royal It is obvious you don't have kids. It's always happened and therefore it shouldn't change. What a stupid attitude and I'm glad that the club don't agree with you. It's not about pandering to anyone, there should be no need to use foul and abusive language anywhere.

ALOL - Why don't you just pretend it's not happening. As every parent does with every child at football.

It also teaches your kids a lesson in double standards - it's OK to swear at football, but not elsewhere - which will be invaluable.

+1

Only risk for me is that my young 'un starts to repeat some of the new songs he has learnt to his mum later in the week!

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Mar 2010 12:57

bigshaka'away' I was sat high up in Y25.

As has been said many times, there were groans not boos directed at him after he had hit the millionth long ball to nobody....the Booing started after the finger, and rightly so. Then it stopped fairly quickly. Appropriate response i thought. Or would you have prefered us all to give him a round of applause?

Stop slagging off the East Stand - im sure you are the same people who complain about a lack of atmosphere at games etc etc. At least we sing and make some noise, if we all sat there watching the game from the towering moral heights you all do then it would be utter silence.

The East stand is the heart of the club.

Excellent post. I am roughly halfway up Y25 & I heard NO booing at all until Mills gave the finger. If that happened then it wasn't in Y25. I do not however agree with the booing & looked behind me with embarrassment when it started but I can kind of understand why as the fans were provoked to a certain extent.

If he can't take a few groans then he's in the wrong profession or he needs to become a god like centre half that never puts a foot wrong as EVERY player in the country will get a few groans during the playing career. Mills behaved like a nobend I thought.

Please don't tar everyone in the East Stand with the same brush. I CHOOSE to sit there because the atmosphere is better than at any other part of the ground - FACT.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 17 Mar 2010 12:57

One of the roles of football is to teach people how to swear properly.

If swearing is eliminated and the whole stadium sanitised, where is the next generation going to learn how and when to swear?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Mar 2010 12:58

Dirk Gently One of the roles of football is to teach people how to swear properly.

If swearing is eliminated and the whole stadium sanitised, where is the next generation going to learn how and when to swear?

:lol:

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 17 Mar 2010 12:59

HOF?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Mar 2010 12:59

facaldaqui
brendywendy

The swearing never bothered me as a kid, and I think it just seemed normal to me. But, there again, I'm from Coley Park. What annoys me these days is not so much the swearing but certain individuals who seem to think they are at Hyde Park Corner and have the right to keep up a barrage of manic-street-preaching and contradictory drivel throughout the match.

i love the manic street preaching TBF

th eman next to me has been moaning about shane long and fed all season, stopped recently, but it only took one average game for him to revert to all the "youre oxf*rd useless long" and "i hope we sell you in the summer fed" rollocks

kept me entertained in the chilly night air

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Mar 2010 13:00

OK, here is a question -

WHY do you need to swear? Does it make you feel all big and tough? Is it a macho thing? Maybe there is something I am missing?

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 17 Mar 2010 13:01

I think we should all swear in our brains and not out loud. Would make a better society. Keep it all in don't let it out.

bigshaka'away'

by bigshaka'away' » 17 Mar 2010 13:01

Listen....We dont all boo the players, indeed very few over the years.

More importantly perhaps we support the players - sing their name etc etc, which is showing much much much more support than the other two stands of the ground who show their appreciation by sitting in silence. You slag us for booing Kebe ( i never boo our players, apart from mills when he gave the finger) but do you praise us for singing his name? No. Its easier to critise.

As for the fella who wants to bring his kid...well sit in the north or west stand, everything in this world is not set up for the wellbeing of your child. Frankly its selfish of you to impose your wishes on a majority of people who are against it. Swearing is part of life. Your child will be swearing too soon im afraid. If you want a nice place to take him at the weekend, take him to church. I have no sympathy for your viewpoint at all. I hate going to resturants or train carriges when they are full of children as they will be noisy and annoying, but i dont think they shouldnt travel or eat....Thats just the way it is.

And yes the heart of the club - perhaps slightly mouldy and darkened.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 17 Mar 2010 13:01

Wycombe Royal OK, here is a question -

WHY do you need to swear? Does it make you feel all big and tough? Is it a macho thing? Maybe there is something I am missing?

It allows you to add emotion and emphasis to better express your feelings.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Mar 2010 13:02

Wycombe Royal
brendywendy i take my god son to games all the time. i cover his little ears if it gets heated.

I'm not talking about teens, I am talking about young children. As for what you think the West Stand is for, no it isn't. Foul and abusive language is not allowed ANYWHERE in the stadium, it is not a right to be able to swear. It has nothing to do with wanting sit in silence (which I don't) nor sensitive people, whatever that means.

So no I am not sat in the wrong place. Everyone else in the area I sit manages not to use foul and abusive language, it is just this one individual. He is the one who is in the wrong and regardless of what you believe it is not acceptable.

brendywendy its not me is it? :oops:
I doubt it.

:roll: honestly , go and sit in the family stand, or stop moaning

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Mar 2010 13:02

Dirk Gently
Wycombe Royal OK, here is a question -

It allows you to add emotion and emphasis to better express your feelings.

its also cool , and funny

708 posts