How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

3209 posts
LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

by LoyalRoyalFan » 13 Dec 2012 19:54

Snowball
At Brighton, West Ham, and Southampton we could've and IMO should've, shipped a load of goals and lost heavily
but those sides froze and missed too often. That is, it was less we won those games deservedly
than the opposition blew it. A definite difference IMO.

:roll:

Truly pathetic statement.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 13 Dec 2012 19:59

Maguire
SPARTA he likes of Samuel and Obita would give teams all sorts of trouble. Certainly more so than the inconsistent Kebe's and McAnuff's of the world.

Based on what evidence.

I think this is total bullshit, no offence

The wouldn't offer any less than the inconsistent Kebe, McAnuff, McCleary or HRK.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 13 Dec 2012 20:00

LoyalRoyalFan
Snowball
At Brighton, West Ham, and Southampton we could've and IMO should've, shipped a load of goals and lost heavily
but those sides froze and missed too often. That is, it was less we won those games deservedly

West Ham and Southampton were about restricting access to key areas and hitting on the break. They may have had a lot of shots but none from good positions, the Gorkss/Pearce combo saw to that. The only example i'd accept is Brighton at the Amex. That was a smash and grab that I really don't think we deserved.

Born 'n Bred Royal

by Born 'n Bred Royal » 13 Dec 2012 20:01

SPARTA
Maguire
SPARTA he likes of Samuel and Obita would give teams all sorts of trouble. Certainly more so than the inconsistent Kebe's and McAnuff's of the world.

Based on what evidence.

I think this is total bullshit, no offence

The wouldn't offer any less than the inconsistent Kebe, McAnuff, McCleary or HRK.

Absolute rubbish. Samuel got like 20 minutes in the Premier League, has never played in the Championship and Obita has only really properly played in lower leagues. The mere assertion that they could do any better is a complete load of rubbish, You're probably the same tards who's only solution for the team to stay up is to sack Brian

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 13 Dec 2012 20:11

Why only refer to the PL? Earlier I highlighted how the likes of Palace and Southampton are a lot keener than we are to bring their 16, 17, 18 year-olds through, and it pays dividends. We on the other hand rarely/never give a youngster of their age group a run in the side, at any level. And I'm sure you'll tell us that that must mean those youngsters weren't thought to be good enough, but then I'll raise you a Gylfi Sigurdsson who could and arguably should have come through a year or two sooner as he was blossoming, similarly to Samuel, in the youth team and then the reserves. Palace are a great example of turning out youngsters and them being of a very high standard, and from a very young age. I would like to see us do the same, rather than resort back to the Brian Howard's.

As for Brian, stay or go we're completely phucked this season any way.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 13 Dec 2012 20:22

Is the reason we don't blood "footballing" youngsters because the first team is based on
hard-work, hard-tackling, running, old-fashioned football?

I'm not suggesting this is a good thing, just wondering.

Seems to me that the Saints ethic is more on-the-ball than ours

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 13 Dec 2012 20:25

Royal Ginger
LoyalRoyalFan
Snowball

West Ham and Southampton were about restricting access to key areas and hitting on the break. They may have had a lot of shots but none from good positions, the Gorkss/Pearce combo saw to that. The only example i'd accept is Brighton at the Amex. That was a smash and grab that I really don't think we deserved.

I think you need to re-watch those games. West Ham tore us to shreds for 25 minutes and were better than us for another 15. Somehow we got two goals before HT but we were never comfortable.

IMO Saints were well on top in the first half.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Dec 2012 20:48

I agree with that but I really don't understand the notion that because a team were 2nd best in some games they ended up a bit fortunate, on the balance of play, to win, that they therefore fluked the title.

It's just nonsense.

No team over 46 games, in the history of football, has ever fluked a league title. It simply defies logic. The fact that some supporters of Reading FC have made that claim just illustrates what a bunch of utter pillocks follow this club. (not that that was ever in doubt of course!)

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 13 Dec 2012 20:55

Royal Rother I agree with that but I really don't understand the notion that because a team were 2nd best in some games they ended up a bit fortunate, on the balance of play, to win, that they therefore fluked the title.

It's just nonsense.

No team over 46 games, in the history of football, has ever fluked a league title. It simply defies logic. The fact that some supporters of Reading FC have made that claim just illustrates what a bunch of utter pillocks follow this club. (not that that was ever in doubt of course!)

100% correct

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 13 Dec 2012 21:07

SPARTA Why only refer to the PL? Earlier I highlighted how the likes of Palace and Southampton are a lot keener than we are to bring their 16, 17, 18 year-olds through, and it pays dividends. We on the other hand rarely/never give a youngster of their age group a run in the side, at any level. And I'm sure you'll tell us that that must mean those youngsters weren't thought to be good enough, but then I'll raise you a Gylfi Sigurdsson who could and arguably should have come through a year or two sooner as he was blossoming, similarly to Samuel, in the youth team and then the reserves. Palace are a great example of turning out youngsters and them being of a very high standard, and from a very young age. I would like to see us do the same, rather than resort back to the Brian Howard's.

Southampton have good teenagers, therefore our teenagers must be better than our first teamers? :roll:

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 13 Dec 2012 21:19

RobRoyal
SPARTA Why only refer to the PL? Earlier I highlighted how the likes of Palace and Southampton are a lot keener than we are to bring their 16, 17, 18 year-olds through, and it pays dividends. We on the other hand rarely/never give a youngster of their age group a run in the side, at any level. And I'm sure you'll tell us that that must mean those youngsters weren't thought to be good enough, but then I'll raise you a Gylfi Sigurdsson who could and arguably should have come through a year or two sooner as he was blossoming, similarly to Samuel, in the youth team and then the reserves. Palace are a great example of turning out youngsters and them being of a very high standard, and from a very young age. I would like to see us do the same, rather than resort back to the Brian Howard's.

Southampton have good teenagers, therefore our teenagers must be better than our first teamers? :roll:

I don't know how you got to that. The fact they and Palace are prepared and have been for several years, to play their youngsters, has proven a real benefit to both clubs, both financially and to their respective first teams. I merely made the point that we aren't prepared to play our youngsters in the first team (for a prolonged period of time if you want to point out Samuel made his debut). It doesn't hurt to give one or two a go every season, and in both Palace and Saints cases, it's proved very rewarding.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 13 Dec 2012 22:36

Sparta, this isn't Championship Manager. How many times have you seen Samuel and Obita play?

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 13 Dec 2012 22:47

LoyalRoyalFan
Snowball

A pretty true statement though. Don't listen to the RFC propaganda machine. We fluked results last year

redscot

by redscot » 13 Dec 2012 22:52

Royal Rother I agree with that but I really don't understand the notion that because a team were 2nd best in some games they ended up a bit fortunate, on the balance of play, to win, that they therefore fluked the title.

It's just nonsense.

How can you agree and disagree? Make your mind up... (Stop seeing your ex that might clear your head up....)

Reading got the most points, and no one is disagreeing with that. But Reading were lucky in some games, just as they have been unlucky in some games this season. It is a football match not rocket science. Luck plays into it. It is not even playing ground. A lot of players cheat and that is part of the game, getting away with things.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Dec 2012 22:53

Totally agree with you Lacoste

We "fluked" poll position and the Silverware

Its a shame, that football isn't the exact science that the barrack-room lawyers like you, would like to think it is........

....try explaining Bradfords midweek win

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 13 Dec 2012 23:20

It's just nonsense.

Amen

Can some one start a Facts thread where things like 'Reading won the Title', 'McD is the manager' etc go

and a separate Opinions thread where 'we fluked the league', 'we got promoted early' etc can go <---- and I won't have to read this shit anymore

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Dec 2012 23:34

redscot

It's just nonsense.

How can you agree and disagree? Make your mind up... (Stop seeing your ex that might clear your head up....)

Reading got the most points, and no one is disagreeing with that. But Reading were lucky in some games, just as they have been unlucky in some games this season. It is a football match not rocket science. Luck plays into it. It is not even playing ground. A lot of players cheat and that is part of the game, getting away with things.

:lol:

What on earth are you rambling on about? Agree we were 2nd best against much of the games v Southampton and West Ham - disagree we fluked the title. Not a difficult concept really.

Stop seeing my Ex???

Think you've got me mixed up with someone there pal! :lol: (I suspect alcohol has something to do with it tbf.)

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 14 Dec 2012 01:14

Starting to think Brian will not be sacked now which in effect 100% confirms relegation.

It is plain to see that Anton doesn't actually have the money we thought he did so sacking Brian and paying up his contract would be costly business. Better to keep him and sign a few free transfers in he summer while unloading the big earners.

Sadly Anton has Champagne eyes, but Coca Cola pockets.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 14 Dec 2012 01:18

Big Ern Starting to think Brian will not be sacked now which in effect 100% confirms relegation.

It is plain to see that Anton doesn't actually have the money we thought he did so sacking Brian and paying up his contract would be costly business. Better to keep him and sign a few free transfers in he summer while unloading the big earners.

M8 i'd slash my wrists if i was you

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 14 Dec 2012 02:18

Big Ern Starting to think Brian will not be sacked now which in effect 100% confirms relegation.

You his Financial Advisor? :shock: Of all the nonsense I have read on here in the last however many years, this takes the biscuit. My take is that BMcD made an error of judgement by assuming the squad that gained promotion, coupled with summer signings, would survive in the Prem. This has been acknowledged and an interesting January awaits with regard to comings and goings. If I was Anton would I throw 30-40 million at the problem? No. New players will arrive and their stature in the game will be evidence of Reading FC's intentions for the rest of this season. If a miracle occurs and relegation is avoided, I expect quite a turnover of playing staff in the summer and a sizeable budget to improve the squad.

3209 posts