Brian: The right decision?

3714 posts

Have the club done the right thing to sack Brian today?

Yes
51%
No
40%
Not sure
9%

Total votes: 568
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Brian: The right decision?

by sandman » 03 Nov 2013 21:43

Just spoken to her. She said McCarthy was overrated and loyalroyal22 wasn't up to much or to be more accurate, wasn't 'up' at all. They decided just to abandon it and that they just wanted to be friends.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 04 Nov 2013 12:14

sandman Just spoken to her. She said McCarthy was overrated and loyalroyal22 wasn't up to much or to be more accurate, wasn't 'up' at all. They decided just to abandon it and that they just wanted to be friends.

rattled.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Nov 2013 12:53

Actually I'm quite enjoying owning you. Even if I do have to sink to your sophomoric level to do so.
Last edited by sandman on 04 Nov 2013 13:05, edited 1 time in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Nov 2013 12:57

This is genuinely embarrasing stuff.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 04 Nov 2013 12:59

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 04 Nov 2013 13:56

Avon Royal
floyd__streete
Kebe's apprentice We had bad results under McD, but you would not call his regime embarrassing would you?

Nothing under McD's 3 years in charge compares with the two thrashing above which Adkins has chalked up in 7 underwhelming months.

Plymouth was worse. Much worse.

Disagree & I was at both Plymouth & Sheff W away.

Plymouth away = 4-1 defeat to a team also struggling with us at the bottom of the table. McDermott had been CARETAKER Manager for barely a fortnight.
Sheff W away = 5-2 defeat to the only professional team in England without a win so far this season, with a manager in charge who's been at the helm for 8 months and tipped us to win the title himself.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 04 Nov 2013 14:48

sandman Actually I'm quite enjoying owning you. Even if I do have to sink to your sophomoric level to do so.

:lol: another edit. Rattled.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 04 Nov 2013 19:10

genome This is genuinely embarrasing stuff.

For all the "know nothings" who rubbished McDermott and are now clinging desperately to Adkins slipping halo, absolutely :P

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 05 Nov 2013 08:26

Both managers need a promotion back to the Prem IMHO, otherwise neither will manage at that level again.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Nov 2013 09:44

Woodcote Royal

For all the "know nothings" who rubbished McDermott and are now clinging desperately to Adkins slipping halo, absolutely :P

I meant the exchance between sandman and LoyalRoyal22. Awful nobbing.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 05 Nov 2013 10:45

genome
Woodcote Royal

I meant the exchance between sandman and LoyalRoyal22. Awful nobbing.

HNA will live. I'd be surprised if either member were put forward in an audit.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 05 Nov 2013 10:52

Woodcote Royal

Embarassing would be going missing on this thread whilst our results were better and reappearing after a poor result. It's a shame we're not playing Leeds again soon, another victory over McDermott's team would see you scuttle off, like it did last time.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 05 Nov 2013 11:04

I did warn you that it was going to that level:

sandman Oh well, if you want to do Mum insults, let's take the forum to a new low.

"Awful nobbing" agreed but this site is full of the same sort of stuff. I remember a certain person involving himself in a childish Mum insult and everyone congratulating him on being oh so funny. I guess if you're part of the HNA? establishment then such silliness is accepted.

When in Rome Gentlemen.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 05 Nov 2013 11:10

A Quick summary of BMc reign at Reading:

1st season: Took over with the club in the Championship relegation zone. Lead the club to a 9th place finish, won at Anfield, and went on to make our 1st FAC 1/4 final in over 80 years.
2nd Season: A second succesive FAC 1/4 final including a win at Goodison. Finished 5th in the league, taking us to within 1 game of promotion.
3rd season: Won us The Championship
4th season: made a terrible start having bascially been given very little to spend. Turned it round to pick up 14 points from 7 games, a run that took us out of the PL relegation zone.

All in all, the 2nd most successful manager the club has ever had.

4 (four) games later he was sacked.

All achieved with a style that brought countless late winning goals and had the fans chanting his name pretty much every game bar the last few matches. Not surpirsing considering he'd dome so much for the club in over a decade. Dont ever recall us getting gubbed 5 or 6 during his tenure either. Certainly not to teams bottom of the league or even a division below.

When Nigel Adkins has achieved 10% of that, you can all come back and tell me he's doing a decent job.

(Sorry its taken 114 pages to mention that.)

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 05 Nov 2013 11:19

sandman I did warn you that it was going to that level:

sandman Oh well, if you want to do Mum insults, let's take the forum to a new low.

"Awful nobbing" agreed but this site is full of the same sort of stuff. I remember a certain person involving himself in a childish Mum insult and everyone congratulating him on being oh so funny. I guess if you're part of the HNA? establishment then such silliness is accepted.

When in Rome Gentlemen.

The "I am about to be a dick" pretext isn't always infallible in retaining one's esteem.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 05 Nov 2013 11:38

Tony Le Mesmer A Quick summary of BMc reign at Reading:

1st season: Took over with the club in the Championship relegation zone. Lead the club to a 9th place finish, won at Anfield, and went on to make our 1st FAC 1/4 final in over 80 years.
2nd Season: A second succesive FAC 1/4 final including a win at Goodison. Finished 5th in the league, taking us to within 1 game of promotion.
4th season: made a terrible start having bascially been given very little to spend. Turned it round to pick up 14 points from 7 games, a run that took us out of the PL relegation zone.

All achieved with a style that brought countless late winning goals and had the fans chanting his name pretty much every game bar the last few matches. Not surpirsing considering he'd dome so much for the club in over a decade. Dont ever recall us getting gubbed 5 or 6 during his tenure either. Certainly not to teams bottom of the league or even a division below.

When Nigel Adkins has achieved 10% of that, you can all come back and tell me he's doing a decent job.

yeah that^^

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 05 Nov 2013 11:40

melonhead
Tony Le Mesmer A Quick summary of BMc reign at Reading:

yeah that^^

So people were being dicks if they said Brian was doing a decent job before he achieved 10% of that?

Weird.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 05 Nov 2013 11:48

i have no idea what youre on about. again.

brians record speaks for itself.
like i said a million times- when nigel achieves something ill love him too.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 05 Nov 2013 11:58

melonhead i have no idea what youre on about. again.

brians record speaks for itself.
like i said a million times- when nigel achieves something ill love him too.

It's pretty simple.

1) I thought Brian was doing a good job before he achieved 10% of what he did.
2) I think it's weird that I would've been castigated by you both for saying so.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 05 Nov 2013 12:02

not castigating anyone.
its not always gotta be about you!
i was just saying that i agree with the bloke who said brian achieved alot in his short time here, and im waiting for nigel to achieve things too before rushing to judgement.

when adkins wins the playoffs/takes us up ill have love for him too
just not as much as for brian, as brian was one of our own, and an inherently nicer bloke. imo

none of that means i think hes not currently doing a decent job though.

3714 posts