Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by Barry the bird boggler » 11 Apr 2012 12:45

The EP implies that the deal is done but that the hold up is with the FL as they do their fit and proper person's check (always thought that was just a matter of them asking the new owners "are you fit and proper people to own a football club" though - perhaps they're looking for a translation of the question)

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 11 Apr 2012 12:48

Maybe they're having trouble getting Messi to sign the contract and be announced on the completion date. The deal is done, it just needs some pazzaz.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 11 Apr 2012 12:54

Barry the bird boggler The EP implies that the deal is done but that the hold up is with the FL as they do their fit and proper person's check (always thought that was just a matter of them asking the new owners "are you fit and proper people to own a football club" though - perhaps they're looking for a translation of the question)

That is the case, yes. After the fiasco at Portsmouth (twice), you can understand them looking at this in more depth than they probably have with any other take-over.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 11 Apr 2012 12:57

RFCSPACE Maybe they're having trouble getting Messi to sign the contract and be announced on the completion date. The deal is done, it just needs some pazzaz.

He's having 2nd thoughts. Doesn't think he'll be able to oust HRK from the bench.

Muguire

by Muguire » 11 Apr 2012 15:42

Last bit of ratification to be done and this will be tied up before 27th April :!:

All rumours about Madejski wanting more money (RL, TBM, Scutts, Rouge...) all bollocks. The contracts are written and ready to sign now :!: :!:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 11 Apr 2012 15:48

I have never said he wanted more money. HTH.

kitsons pubes

by kitsons pubes » 11 Apr 2012 19:14

We're not Real Madrid
We're not Barcelona
We are Reading Football Club
And Anton is part owner

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 11 Apr 2012 19:18

Muguire Last bit of ratification to be done and this will be tied up before 27th April :!:

All rumours about Madejski wanting more money (RL, TBM, Scutts, Rouge...) all bollocks. The contracts are written and ready to sign now :!: :!:

Learn
to
read
idiot

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 11 Apr 2012 19:21

The Rouge
Muguire Last bit of ratification to be done and this will be tied up before 27th April :!:

Learn
to
read
idiot

TBF, he has a hard time trying to read anything through the fabric of a sandwich bag over his head....

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 11 Apr 2012 19:22

The Rouge

Learn
to
read
idiot

Don't remember Madejski saying he wanted more money?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 14 Apr 2012 15:15

We need some answers on this now, when it all happened they claimed it would all be finalised before the end of march. We are mid-way through april and still no word. There has been some kind of problem and the fans deserve to know exactly what it is and what is going on behind the scenes. Is there a way for STAR to get some answers for us? I do not want to be going into next season ( if we make the prem) not knowing about budgets for the manager and what the long term plan is. If we aren't going to be taken over...fine, if we are can we get it sewn up so we can have one less distraction and allow the manager to plan for next season. We know with madejski in charge it won't be extravagant but even he won't deny us a significant portion to spend on players this time around.

Thank you.

Rusty royal

by Rusty royal » 14 Apr 2012 15:28

Patiance :wink: There will be a centre circle signing next Saturday as we will have guaranteed promotion by winning on Tuesday

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 14 Apr 2012 15:32

Speculation has it that the FA is making sure they make all the "due diligence" and "fit and proper person" checks are watertight given what has happened at other clubs and the recent Parliamentary inquiry.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 14 Apr 2012 15:33

FiNeRaIn A load of bollox.

Why do you give a shite you will moan either way?
Last edited by Arnie_Pie on 14 Apr 2012 15:34, edited 1 time in total.

John Peel

by John Peel » 14 Apr 2012 15:33

I can't wait for this thread to end.

William Oddie

by William Oddie » 14 Apr 2012 15:53

FiNeRaIn We need some answers on this now, when it all happened they claimed it would all be finalised before the end of march. We are mid-way through april and still no word. There has been some kind of problem and the fans deserve to know exactly what it is and what is going on behind the scenes. Is there a way for STAR to get some answers for us? I do not want to be going into next season ( if we make the prem) not knowing about budgets for the manager and what the long term plan is. If we aren't going to be taken over...fine, if we are can we get it sewn up so we can have one less distraction and allow the manager to plan for next season. We know with madejski in charge it won't be extravagant but even he won't deny us a significant portion to spend on players this time around.

Thank you.

My god, wind your neck in!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 14 Apr 2012 16:04

Arnie_Pie Why do you give a shite you will moan either way?

Don't tell me what I will or won't do, you clueless goon.

I'd be happy with either scenario, but this was all signed months ago, how long does due diligence take? Its not as if this consortium has no prior history and has appeared from mars.

Do you or William Oddie simply not give a shit or what? I'd like some security and have a transparent takeover, if there are problems behind the scenes ( which youd have to assume there might be given the time) then the fans should know, we fund the club, we'll be here when all the staff are gone. Its not a case of winding necks in, what a weird post.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 14 Apr 2012 16:04

Arnie_Pie Why do you give a shite you will moan either way?

Don't tell me what I will or won't do, you clueless goon.

I'd be happy with either scenario, but this was all signed months ago, how long does due diligence take? Its not as if this consortium has no prior history and has appeared from mars.

Do you or William Oddie simply not give a shit or what? I'd like some security and have a transparent takeover, if there are problems behind the scenes ( which youd have to assume there might be given the time) then the fans should know, we fund the club, we'll be here when all the staff are gone. Its not a case of winding necks in, what a weird post.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 14 Apr 2012 16:05

Yep, two full weeks past the deadline now and no word. Doesn't look good.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Apr 2012 16:05

Do we yet know WHO the consortium consists of? Or will we never know.....

5145 posts