DEAL OFF - Bradley Wright Phillips

934 posts
Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MORE THAN A RUMOUR - Bradley Wright Phillips

by Snowball » 10 Jan 2011 09:34

Dreamt last night we were playing 4-3-3 with Austin up the middle and Long-Bradley as the wide strikers.

Back when I've changed the sheets.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 10 Jan 2011 09:37

Forbury Lion
paultheroyal Plymouth need to sell, he will be cheap, Reading need a striker who is scoring goals, cheap, and in the Reading mould. Step forward Mr Phillips.
Can you explain how this is more than a rumour?

Because the title of an old rumour thread was changed when major news sources reported that we'd made a bid?

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 10 Jan 2011 09:40

Forbury Lion
paultheroyal Plymouth need to sell, he will be cheap, Reading need a striker who is scoring goals, cheap, and in the Reading mould. Step forward Mr Phillips.

Try this

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/sport/E ... ticle.html

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 10 Jan 2011 09:45

This in itself is a good deal, top scorer in league one for 300k, and he only 25. Also proven at Championship level. reading the interview with mcdermott, he expecting one more.. he said `watch this space` which has got me excited... praying for Austin aswell but wont hold my breath

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 10 Jan 2011 09:49

£300k seems a steal for any decent player these days.

More intrigued as to the 'other' might be. Wondering if we've seen the last of Khiz, not in the squad Saturday, we must be paying a good % of his wages and we now have cover at the back with Ivar fit and Elwood or Harte able to play there. Also possible Blackburn have had an offer for him.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Jan 2011 09:53

I'm fully anticiapting the other to be Leigertwood on a perm deal until it's someone else.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 10 Jan 2011 09:58

Man Friday
Hoop Blah Fairly decent signing for a reasonable price too.

Not a player I'd get excited about watching from what I've seen of him in the past but I do think he can be a good foil for Long. He's got pace, can beat a defender with a little bit of trickery or movement and knows where the goal is. Not quite the raw finisher that would compliment Long the most, or the big physical target man that I still think we could do with in the squad but gives us the extra strength and options we're crying out for.

Not sure I agree we've snuck this under other clubs radars or that he's more proven than Austin, but decent enough signing all the same.

"complimenting (praising) Long"? How will that help us?

He needs his confidence boosting continually, Wright-Phillips will do that perfectly. Happy?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 10 Jan 2011 10:01

THe EP say the fee is £100k - surely it isn't that low and they just made a typo.......

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 10 Jan 2011 10:07

Ironic that Plymouth fans are moaning about selling someone they signed on a free, and who would be out of contract at the end of the season, for a sum that will go a long way to helping them survive.

To answer the question on why this is more that a rumour, check out the Plymouth OS, Peter Reid confirmed it yesterday.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 10 Jan 2011 10:10

Wycombe Royal THe EP say the fee is £100k - surely it isn't that low and they just made a typo.......

What I was thinking. If true, real steal. His reported wages of 10k a week at Plymouth would be a stumling block for us though wouldn't it? Maybe he was given a hefty signing on fee to make up for a lower wage that fits our structure, and hence the fee to Plymouth was reduced to compensate??

All total conjecture and bullshit on my part. Occams Razor suggests a typo as you say.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 10 Jan 2011 10:13

Wycombe Royal THe EP say the fee is £100k - surely it isn't that low and they just made a typo.......

We have agreed to pay £60k a month for 5 months (£300k).

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 10 Jan 2011 10:15

I wonder whether the certainty and strength of our financial position helped Plymouth's advisors to accept OUR offer as opposed to any other clubs.

Just a thought but there are considerable hidden benefits to prudent financial management...

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Jan 2011 10:27

RobRoyal
Forbury Lion

Because the title of an old rumour thread was changed when major news sources reported that we'd made a bid?

A mod changed the thread title and moved it. I will of course take credit for the first rumour for years weeks in advance ish to come to Fruition!! :wink:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 10 Jan 2011 10:43

Radio Devon reported £300k on Saturday, i'd be more inclined to trust them to be honest.

If it's as low as £100,000 that's genius!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 10 Jan 2011 10:45

Stranded I'm fully anticiapting the other to be Leigertwood on a perm deal until it's someone else.

why would BmcD have referred to it in on the radio the way he did if it was legs?
hed just have said, yes we are trying to bring in BWP, and tie up the permanent liegertwood deal

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 10 Jan 2011 10:48

soggy biscuit
Alan Partridge Plymouth MUST raise £500k by the end of January. Otherwise it's goodnight to Cornwall's 2nd biggest club.

Am I missing something or did Plymouth move into Cornwall overnight?

It's close enough already, suburbs like Torpoint and Saltash are actually over the water in Cornwall. As local media seem obsessed with Argyle, (to the detriment of the other local league clubs), it often seems as though they are Cornwall's no2 club.

In reality, Plymouth is a pretty grim place, but it's so far to Exeter, (superb smaller city), from Cornwall that most people think of Plywood as their local big town and there is a lot of Cornish support for the Greens.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 10 Jan 2011 10:52

Blackpool offered £20k apparently

Maybe its the savings in wages (£10k a week?) is what Plymouth are seeing as more important

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 10 Jan 2011 10:54

bobby m's syrup
soggy biscuit
Alan Partridge Plymouth MUST raise £500k by the end of January. Otherwise it's goodnight to Cornwall's 2nd biggest club.

Am I missing something or did Plymouth move into Cornwall overnight?

It's close enough already, suburbs like Torpoint and Saltash are actually over the water in Cornwall. As local media seem obsessed with Argyle, (to the detriment of the other local league clubs), it often seems as though they are Cornwall's no2 club.

In reality, Plymouth is a pretty grim place, but it's so far to Exeter, (superb smaller city), from Cornwall that most people think of Plywood as their local big town and there is a lot of Cornish support for the Greens.

Cornish club.

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 10 Jan 2011 10:57

TBM

Blackpool offered £20k apparently

Maybe its the savings in wages (£10k a week?) is what Plymouth are seeing as more important

Crud website and usually totally unreliable, but just as grist for the mill
http://www.fansfc.com/story/28386.html

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 10 Jan 2011 11:19

I don't know about the fees involved but the proposed deal has been discussed so publicly that I wouldn't be surprised if Blackpool or any other Club had matched our bid.

Reading Managers don't normally publicly name a transfer target (Rodgers excepted) so it was strange that McDermott did this on Saturday. It may be of course that he was uber confident of the deal going through.

Hopefully it will although it is all quiet on the western front as I type. There is also the not particularly small matter of his medical.

934 posts