Jason Roberts idiot

370 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Jason Roberts idiot

by Royal Lady » 12 Dec 2011 18:13

Bugger!! I'm such a klutz - I forgot he got sent off! :oops: Point still stands though - that was ages ago and it was going on then AND they're both English. :oops:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Dec 2011 18:24

I'm amazed at this tread!

It's not some stunning inside knowledge that Dirks trying to sound clever by revealing, it's part of the game that players know the kind of thing that's unprofessional and outside of 'the code' and so will earn you a kicking if you take the piss. What's poor form and what's not probably does vary from county to country and culture to culture (spitting and diving being examples that I think still have different levels of acceptability in different parts of the world).

I've no doubt Kebe was taking the piss either.

As for people saying it's no different from a few stepovers, a stepover is a different kettle of fish because it's something you do to create space or beat a man, it's not a blatent piss take.

Also, I think Zacs gone into one his anal/pedantic little rants here where he thinks he's arguing something which his posts aren't really reflecting.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Dec 2011 18:27

Royal Lady Bugger!! I'm such a klutz - I forgot he got sent off! :oops: Point still stands though - that was ages ago and it was going on then AND they're both English. :oops:

Thats gaining an advantage and not taking the piss though. There's a pretty clear difference.

I've not seen what Claridge said, but I'm sure he meant its more likely for a foreign player to do something like that, not that there is no way a British player would do it.

Yahoops

by Yahoops » 12 Dec 2011 18:30

Hoop Blah
I've no doubt Kebe was taking the piss

No he wasn't and you have no evidence he was.

Yahoops

by Yahoops » 12 Dec 2011 18:32

Hoop Blah
I've not seen what Claridge said, but I'm sure he meant its more likely for a foreign player to do something like that, not that there is no way a British player would do it.

How can you be sure without seeing or hearing any evidence? Are you a policeman?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Dec 2011 18:38

Yahoops
Hoop Blah

I don't need evidence to have a strong opinion. What I saw with my own eyes is enough for me to have no doubts.

I may be wrong, but I don't have any doubt over what I think he was doing.

Yahoops

by Yahoops » 12 Dec 2011 18:40

Hoop Blah
Yahoops
Hoop Blah

I don't need evidence to have a strong opinion. What I saw with my own eyes is enough for me to have no doubts.

So you must think McDermott was lying then?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Dec 2011 18:41

Yahoops
Hoop Blah

How can you be sure without seeing or hearing any evidence? Are you a policeman?

I've engaged a little common sense and perspective. Most people when talking don't have to caveat every passing comment to make sure it isn't misinterpreted by some over sensitive souls.

Do I think Caldidge believes NO British player would take the piss out of his fellow pros? No, of course not because he'll have seen it with his own eyes many times. Most of those probably would've been followed by a bit of retribution from those on the other end of the piss take.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Dec 2011 18:44

Yahoops So you must think McDermott was lying then?

Well it wouldn't be the first time.

I'm not sure what McDermott said but how would he know any different? Are you surprised that a football manager would come out and give a defensive explanation to smooth things over after one of his players pulled a trick like that?

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 12 Dec 2011 19:05

Hoop Blah
Yahoops
Hoop Blah

I don't think he was taking the piss, it was more a case of him saying "we're 2-0 up, if you're not going to come and try and win the ball, we're happy to keep the ball out here all day"

In much the same way as when two Reading players exchanged about 16 short passes at 3-0.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 12 Dec 2011 19:38

West Ham were getting pissed off well before the 2nd sending off. Reading were tippy tapping the ball all over the park.

That annoyed me!

Take advantage of the 10 men and get more goals!!!!Don't take the piss!

I'd have decked Kebe! :shock: :oops:

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 12 Dec 2011 19:48

The way i see is that Kebe had been wiped out 3/4 times quite badly before this. Not once he he get up, shove the player while raking his studs down their shins.

Wham were pretty clear in their 'stop him running' gameplan, which only served to pump Kebe up, i don't think i have seen him ever run as quickly as he did the next time he was on the ball after again being taken out after a good dribble down the middle of the pitch.

If there was any intention to wind any of the wham players up, i think it was justified for having to put up with their thuggish treatment of him during the game, and still managing to turn in a great performance

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Dec 2011 19:54

Schards#2 I don't think he was taking the piss, it was more a case of him saying "we're 2-0 up, if you're not going to come and try and win the ball, we're happy to keep the ball out here all day"

In much the same way as when two Reading players exchanged about 16 short passes at 3-0.

Perhaps you're right Schards. I don't see why he'd be messing about with his socks if that was the case, but each to their own opinion and all that.

southstand67

by southstand67 » 12 Dec 2011 20:13

Football 365's opinion, well kind of opinion - you'll have to read a bit.....

http://www.football365.com/mediawatch/7 ... om-Victory

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Dec 2011 20:36

full marks to Kebe if he meant to take the p*ss. Unwritten codes of conduct amongst footballers? Traumatised West Ham players and staff? Good. F*ck them.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 12 Dec 2011 22:11

Ian Royal
Royal Lady And did this "unwritten rule" also apply when Sidders said "jacks" and got curo to give him the ball (even though Curo was no longer playing for us) or whoever it was? Only I don't remember them waiting a few seconds before deciding to lump the opponent for unsporting behaviour AND they were both English. Cheers then.

Cureton lamped him and got sent off RL.

Dirk's just trying to show off his great insider knowledge of the game. There is no code, it's no different to any other walk of life. Take the piss out of someone who's pissed off and they may react badly. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with taking the piss or its "just not done".

And all this nonsense about it being an English code and foreigners don't get it. oxf*rd off. Kebe's has been here for FOUR years. And we are not anything special, our shit still stinks. There is no reason why we should have some swanking civilised code and everywhere else doesn't. Kebe came from France not 600 BC Sparta FFS.

Well said that man.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 12 Dec 2011 22:54

If a decent player had done this, he could have probably got away with it. But seriously....Jimmy Kebe. :lol: Try and take the piss with your football skills, if you have any....not pull your socks up when your team win your cup final. Or do it if you're romping away with the league. Not when you're a mid table side.

And LOL @ all the Reading fans putting that shit "Do a Keba and pull your socks up" thing as their facebook profile picture.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 12 Dec 2011 23:16

No Fixed Abode If a decent player had done this, he could have probably got away with it. But seriously....Jimmy Kebe. :lol: Try and take the piss with your football skills, if you have any....not pull your socks up when your team win your cup final. Or do it if you're romping away with the league. Not when you're a mid table side.

And LOL @ all the Reading fans putting that shit "Do a Keba and pull your socks up" thing as their facebook profile picture.

Do you ever think spending your life on a message board of another club, simply with the aim of winding people up, is a pointless waste of your time on this earth?

Just saying. There could be a better way to use your existence.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 13 Dec 2011 06:53

Football 365's opinion, well kind of opinion - you'll have to read a bit.....

http://www.football365.com/mediawatch/7 ... om-Victory

well look again footabll365 take your blinkers off, how did you miss the knee high challenge with the foot.

Take the p*ss out of someone, the other party reacts to it, it's assult and this is close to it as it was premeditaed.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 13 Dec 2011 08:28

Hoop Blah
Royal Lady Bugger!! I'm such a klutz - I forgot he got sent off! :oops: Point still stands though - that was ages ago and it was going on then AND they're both English. :oops:

Thats gaining an advantage and not taking the piss though. There's a pretty clear difference.

Like Lita (English) on Lehmann (German).

370 posts