Back from the game - Bristol City (H)

250 posts
FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Back from the game - Bristol City (H)

by FiNeRaIn » 01 Feb 2012 21:03

Ian Royal Just watched the game.

It's really easy to play against us with 10 men isn't it! You can easily pull one out of midfield and not notice given how crap we are at keeping possession and passing it around. Our central midfield in possession really is non-existant.

Thank you JESUS! I've been saying this for weeks yet everyone claims karacan and tabb are some form of gods. It is absolutely hopeless week in week out yet because they run around a lot people come on here and oxf*rd about how special they are while im scratching my head. Meanwhile, church who also runs around a lot and is as effective as karacan is in his role is made out to be even worse than sean evers was, the reading fan mentality is baffling.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Feb 2012 21:08

FiNeRaIn
Ian Royal Just watched the game.

It's really easy to play against us with 10 men isn't it! You can easily pull one out of midfield and not notice given how crap we are at keeping possession and passing it around. Our central midfield in possession really is non-existant.

Thank you JESUS! I've been saying this for weeks yet everyone claims karacan and tabb are some form of gods. It is absolutely hopeless week in week out yet because they run around a lot people come on here and oxf*rd about how special they are while im scratching my head. Meanwhile, church who also runs around a lot and is as effective as karacan is in his role is made out to be even worse than sean evers was, the reading fan mentality is baffling.

Don't think I'm particularly on your side. Karacan and Tabb are primarily in there to run around a lot and break up play forming a very solid defensive base for us. Church is primarily there to score or create goals, the chasing and harrying is a positive and he should get credit for it, but it's far from top of the list of what you're looking for in him.

Karacan and Tabb hassled and broke up play fairly well. It's only once we're looking for them to bring the ball forward the problem occurs. And if we had two fit and in form wingers with a bit of support from the full backs and an established strike partnership it wouldn't matter nearly as much what Jem and Jay do with the ball.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 01 Feb 2012 22:04

Ian Royal if we had two fit and in form wingers with a bit of support from the full backs and an established strike partnership it wouldn't matter nearly as much what Jem and Jay do with the ball.

Who do you think is supposed to give the wingers quick early ball in space? Part of the problem with our wingers not being effective is because we have two centre mids who can't pass properly. if you give mcanuff or kebe the ball early while they are in space they are the most dangerous wingers in the division. However if you roll it out slightly behind them with no pace like karacan or tabb do...half the opposition team have already come across to cover. It absolutely BAFFLES me reading fans don't see this.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 02 Feb 2012 09:02

luckily karacn and tabb dont do that every time they pass to them

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 02 Feb 2012 11:51

melonhead luckily karacn and tabb dont do that every time they pass to them

The majority of the time they do, have you been going to the games? The balls out to the wingers are very, very poor and slow. You should be playing it into space ahead of the man not behind or so they have to wait and too often this is the case, it needs to change. If your only game play is going to rely on the wingers then you sure as hell need to give the wingers the resources to do their jobs.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 02 Feb 2012 12:04

FiNeRaIn
melonhead luckily karacn and tabb dont do that every time they pass to them

The majority of the time they do, have you been going to the games? The balls out to the wingers are very, very poor and slow. You should be playing it into space ahead of the man not behind or so they have to wait and too often this is the case, it needs to change. If your only game play is going to rely on the wingers then you sure as hell need to give the wingers the resources to do their jobs.

you see what you want to see mr rainy face

i see what i want to see

the truth is somewhere in the middle
at least im happier at my and of the spectrum than you though

karacan and tabb arent perfect, but i would defo not say more than 50% of their passes go off target
karacan and ledge are slightly better, but still not perfect- i dont demand perfection though

but believe we could get close if we had karacan and ledge with cwfka(or a.n other attacking midfielder on loan from the prem) in a 5 man midfield

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Feb 2012 12:06

they can all do it. they just choose not to, too often.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 02 Feb 2012 12:49

The main arguments on here regarding ALL the players is the amount of inconsistent games they have.
If they all played at their best at the same time they would make a very good team - but alas that will never happen because according to HNA posters they all seem to have more bad games than good.
In this league , this year, you can't afford the luxury of having off games as it is so close between the bottom and the top you'll be punished quickly ie the Hull game.
So to say for instance Kebe, Church, Macanuff etc are OK because they have one good game in four doesn't bode well for promotion.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 02 Feb 2012 12:54

i wouldnt trust HNAs assessment of a player, or a game if my life depended on it, or even something much less important to me
i would say the players mentioned may all have 1 good game in 4, possibly, but the other three games arent bad

id say there is a probably a1:2:1 ratio
or more like 0.5 poor:2.5average:1 excellent

what people mean when they say he had a bad game is - he wasnt excellent throughout the whole 90 minutes
or the pick out players they have a dislike for

id say our league position, while having all these "shit and inconsistent players" all having loads of bad games clearly bodes brillianty for promotion

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 02 Feb 2012 14:50

melonhead
id say our league position, while having all these "shit and inconsistent players" all having loads of bad games clearly bodes brillianty for promotion

To be fair we have not played as good football this season as compared to last season. But as you say the fact we have picked up more points at the same stage bodes very well for the last 18 games.

If the players can just find a little spark from somewhere automatic promotion is still very much a possibility.

250 posts