SJM - Minutes silence vs Liverpool

335 posts
Anfield Kopite

Re: SJM - Minutes silence vs Liverpool

by Anfield Kopite » 11 Apr 2013 12:13

melonhead actually, you dont know if she was actively involved in the cover up at all

I know for a fact that 2 days after the disaster Liverpool fans were telling her to her face about the mistakes made by The South Yorkshire Police and she said she already knew and promised that their would be no whitewash. Then a few days later her close allies (Irvine Partnic, Ingram amongst others) were spouting all kinds of crap. Years later the likes of Partnic and Norman Bettison were knighted. Was this despite their lies or because of them ? Thatcher was in debt to South Yorkshire Police because of the way they knocked the fuk out of the striking miners. I think she believed it was for the greater good that we took the blame rather than the police. She was involved in the cover up alright.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Apr 2013 12:23

Tokyo Sex Whale No, nobody knows anything for certain. Which is why I said "i'm not so sure" and "appears to be shortsighted". I think it is far more likely Thatcher knew nothing of a cover up than she was actively complicit.

Regardless, if nobody knows then she can not be blamed for it.

no. as teh leader of the party and country, she is responsible if any of her subordinates cover it up

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 11 Apr 2013 12:51

Tokyo Sex Whale The thing about the cover up is i'm not so sure Thatcher would have known that there was a cover up and would only have acted on information that was given to her. To blame her for the cover up appears to be a little short sighted?

It could be said that John Smith trying to blame Chelsea fans for the events and subsequent loss of life at Heysel is far far worse - accusations based on him hearing southern accents in the stands.

Thatchers complicity in any cover up would have been based on information provided to her as fact from people/organisations she had no reason to suspect of a cover up. John Smith's attempt to exonerate a section of fans and cover up his clubs involvement in the disaster was disgusting.

What I don't know, genuinely, is whether he was removed from his post as soon as his comments were found to be lies?

Agreed. Liverpool fans didn't like her in the first place, so an easy target to say she was involved in the cover up without any actual evidence. Still, it will give the Liverpool Hillsborough roadshow something else to harp on about in their blame culture. I just wish they would concentrate on respecting the 96 lives that have been lost instead of turning it into a look at us circus all the time.

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 11 Apr 2013 12:53

Tokyo Sex Whale Accountable, not responsible. If they're different...

The fact is she was actively involved in blaming scousers for the disaster when she knew we were blameless. People say we are wrong to celebrate her death ? Really ?
ding dong the witch is dead etc etc.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Apr 2013 12:53

Cobi To a LFC fan (@HonourableAlert) on Twitter

As the very high profile (through his own making) Chairman of Reading Football Club, Madjeski should be a lot more careful about how he expresses 'his personal opinion' and should have made it very clear that he was not in any way speaking as the current Chairman of Reading Football Club when he suggested a minute's silence for Thatcher at football games.

In reality it will always be very difficult to make that distinction effectively - few, if any, would have listened to him nor and would his remarks have been reported if he was just plain John Madejski who had no association with Reading Football Club.

I hope that AZ has pointed this out to him in very clear terms.

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 11 Apr 2013 12:54

No Fixed Abode
Tokyo Sex Whale The thing about the cover up is i'm not so sure Thatcher would have known that there was a cover up and would only have acted on information that was given to her. To blame her for the cover up appears to be a little short sighted?

It could be said that John Smith trying to blame Chelsea fans for the events and subsequent loss of life at Heysel is far far worse - accusations based on him hearing southern accents in the stands.

Thatchers complicity in any cover up would have been based on information provided to her as fact from people/organisations she had no reason to suspect of a cover up. John Smith's attempt to exonerate a section of fans and cover up his clubs involvement in the disaster was disgusting.

What I don't know, genuinely, is whether he was removed from his post as soon as his comments were found to be lies?

Agreed. Liverpool fans didn't like her in the first place, so an easy target to say she was involved in the cover up without any actual evidence. Still, it will give the Liverpool Hillsborough roadshow something else to harp on about in their blame culture. I just wish they would concentrate on respecting the 96 lives that have been lost instead of turning it into a look at us circus all the time.

It isn't a look at us circus Kes. You are just a prick who lives with mummy. Does she share your bed too ?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 11 Apr 2013 13:00

What would be skillz on Sat is if the announcer says: "There will now be a minute's silence for Hillsborough....."

<Ref blows whistle, immacul8 silence>

Announcer: "You didn't let me finish, and for Margaret Thatcher".

</murked>

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 11 Apr 2013 13:00

No Fixed Abode Still, it will give the Liverpool Hillsborough roadshow something else to harp on about in their blame culture. I just wish they would concentrate on respecting the 96 lives that have been lost instead of turning it into a look at us circus all the time.

Agreed. Terrible tragedy, but a lot of people are now very, very bored of self pity city continuing to loudly blame every man and his dog rather than grieving for and respecting those that died, which appears to be a side show in the 'look at us, aren’t we hard done by' saga.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 11 Apr 2013 13:02

Anfield Kopite
No Fixed Abode

It isn't a look at us circus Kes. You are just a prick who lives with mummy. Does she share your bed too ?

Personal insults. Deary me.

Would just be nice if the fans mourned the loss of the 96 with a bit more decorum.

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 11 Apr 2013 13:05

You know nothing about decorum kes. Why don't you just take screen shots of my posts and pm me threats again ?

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 11 Apr 2013 13:12

floyd__streete What would be skillz on Sat is if the announcer says: "There will now be a minute's silence for Hillsborough....."

<Ref blows whistle, immacul8 silence>

Announcer: "You didn't let me finish, and for Margaret Thatcher".

</murked>

Skillz ? Or plain stupidity ?

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 11 Apr 2013 13:15

Tokyo Sex Whale
Anfield Kopite

The fact is she was actively involved in blaming scousers for the disaster when she knew we were blameless. People say we are wrong to celebrate her death ? Really ?

if I was PM and a bunch of supporters were telling me the police were wrong, and the police sat down with me and ran through the events (later found to be a cover up). At the time, I would believe the police. You'd have no real reason to doubt them.

The fans would hardly ever put their hands up and say "It was our fault". You would expect denial. As with Heysel.

She told me to my face that she knew we were innocent and promised me she would not allow a whitewash of the police actions. She lied to me personally and I am still dancing on her grave.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 11 Apr 2013 13:16

Is there any proof of this AK, except your word?

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 11 Apr 2013 13:18

No Fixed Abode Is there any proof of this AK, except your word?

Well I don't have it recorded but 100's had the same experience. That is one of the reasons for the widespread street party's in Liverpool this week.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 11 Apr 2013 13:21

Anfield Kopite

Well I don't have it recorded but 100's had the same experience. That is one of the reasons for the widespread street party's in Liverpool this week.

Do any of them have it recorded?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 11 Apr 2013 13:53

Tokyo Sex Whale
Anfield Kopite

if I was PM and a bunch of supporters were telling me the police were wrong, and the police sat down with me and ran through the events (later found to be a cover up). At the time, I would believe the police. You'd have no real reason to doubt them.

If that is what happened of course. I think there is enough in the public domain now to suspect there was at least some connivance between politicians and the police over the line they took post Hillsborough. Whether that was Thatcher directly, is another matter.

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 11 Apr 2013 14:35

No Fixed Abode
Anfield Kopite

Do any of them have it recorded?

I doubt it because this was in 1989 and very few people had mobile phones and phones didn't have cameras on in those days. She was at the ground and was speaking to the public on an individual basis. Lots were there and I think she saw it as an impromptu chance to show a caring side. she definitely said she knew that the fans were innocent on this day.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 11 Apr 2013 14:47

So, there is no evidence.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Apr 2013 14:49

I can't really understand why any football fan would want to honour Margaret Thatcher before a football match.

Let's face it, she and her government were hardly friends of football supporters! To them we were all the scourge of society, to be deprived of our rights and treated like shyte because football, rather than the society the politicians had helped create, was the source of all evil.

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 11 Apr 2013 14:58

No Fixed Abode So, there is no evidence.

Sadly not. Exactly the same amount of evidence available for the stuff you post on a regular basis about LFC fans 'playing up' and your imaginary friend the LFC season ticket holder you claim backs this up.

335 posts