BFTG - Barnsley

302 posts
Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG - Barnsley

by Extended-Phenotype » 28 Mar 2014 14:21

Cureton's Volley
But when we do it gets slated for being sarcastic

Minefield. I'm just gonna stop going and watch football how I like at home.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Mar 2014 15:06

Cureton's Volley
Extended-Phenotype
Ian Royal
Nothing was going to help that performance bar the ref blowing his whistle and ending the game. Same as Posh in the cup. There was no point in any substitutions because the entire team was shot. But after the slating he got at London Road for leaving the starting 11 on the pitch he wasn't going to do it again.

Next time we play like shit we should all cheer and applaud.

But when we do it gets slated for being sarcastic

No when its sarcastic it gets slated fkr being sarcastic

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 Mar 2014 15:34

Extended-Phenotype
melonhead

now i love drenthe as much as any man

and i enjoy the odd lol at blackman

...but if they came round here, put a blue movie on the telly and started making 'coo' noises at the wife while sitting suggestively upon my 4 seat brown leather corner sofa, I'd say OI. DRENTHE. NO.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 Mar 2014 15:35

RoyalBlue In the past I haven't been the greatest fan of Blackman (understatement!) but during this latter part of the season he has done pretty well.

I am really surprised at the amount of stick that he is getting for Tuesday's game and I reckon it is largely unfair. Yes he opted for the wrong shot option when through on goal but at least he got himself there and he is by no means the only player guilty of poor misses in the last few games. Apart from the miss, I thought he played quite well and worked very hard. At one point during the first half he chased the ball right across the width of the pitch, quickly shutting down Barnsley players in possession. For this he deservedly received a round of applause from the majority of supporters who aren't blinded by a continued prejudice against him and are capable of spotting when he does something good.

^^that

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Mar 2014 18:25

Didn't he only chase across the pitch because he'd lost ths ball tamely looking for a free kick? Woot.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 28 Mar 2014 20:29

Yawn. Bored of players getting credit for working hard. That should be a prerequisite.

Want to see some skill.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 Mar 2014 23:43

Couldn't give a oxf*rd if. They kick it straight up in the air for 89 minutes as long as we win

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 29 Mar 2014 12:50

melonhead Couldn't give a oxf*rd if. They kick it straight up in the air for 89 minutes as long as we win

Didn't work out well for Brian in the end for doing that, did it?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 29 Mar 2014 13:01

melonhead Couldn't give a oxf*rd if. They kick it straight up in the air for 89 minutes as long as we win

Why have you continually slated boring tippy football and said how you wouldn't want to watch it here then?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Mar 2014 13:28

Yay for the fluke short term success approach over instilling a medium term winning formula.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Mar 2014 14:41

If you sign quality players, or in our case last season are given the resources to sign quality players, you can play whatever formation and style you want, Stoke prove that.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 31 Mar 2014 10:44

Hoop Blah

Why have you continually slated boring tippy football and said how you wouldn't want to watch it here then?

our home form has made me a desperate desperate man.

i honestly couldnt care less any more.
play how you like. just win.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Mar 2014 11:01

sandman If you sign quality players, or in our case last season are given the resources to sign quality players, you can play whatever formation and style you want, Stoke prove that.

Stoke prove that you can play crappy football and be successful, just as Bolton did under Alladyce. But you have to be very very good at that type of game and set up exactly right with the right combination of players to achieve it. These teams are very much the exception rather than the norm.

Generally speaking, playing better football is going to get you better performance, provided you have the players to back it up. Not only that, but its far more enjoyable to watch.

Who wants to see the ball being hoofed upfield constantly and Kevin Davies fouling his way to success?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 31 Mar 2014 11:14

good football doesnt have to mean tippy tappy though

Who wants to see the ball being hoofed upfield constantly and Kevin Davies fouling his way to success?

and everything that isnt tippy tappy doesnt have to equal this

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Mar 2014 12:30

And I never said it does.

Good football does involve moving the ball around with both shorter and longer passes and being able to retain possession. That doesn't mean playing exactly the same as Swansea, or Barcelona. But most of the better teams are towards the tippy tappy side of the middle ground, not the hoofy side.

I'm not the one who brought up Stoke. And I don't understand why people like you seem insistent on bringing up tippy tappy football all the time, because I don't see anyone asking for that.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 31 Mar 2014 13:38

Still would rather see some skill on the pitch and wins coming from that. Not sure I'm that fussed paying for a season ticket if football isn't enjoyable to watch. That's pretty much why I watch it.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 31 Mar 2014 14:26

Ian Royal And I never said it does.

Good football does involve moving the ball around with both shorter and longer passes and being able to retain possession. That doesn't mean playing exactly the same as Swansea, or Barcelona. But most of the better teams are towards the tippy tappy side of the middle ground, not the hoofy side.

I'm not the one who brought up Stoke. And I don't understand why people like you seem insistent on bringing up tippy tappy football all the time, because I don't see anyone asking for that.

people like me>>>>people like you tbf

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 31 Mar 2014 14:27

Extended-Phenotype Still would rather see some skill on the pitch and wins coming from that. Not sure I'm that fussed paying for a season ticket if football isn't enjoyable to watch. That's pretty much why I watch it.

winning games and silverware is enjoyable and entertaining in itself isnt it?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 31 Mar 2014 15:19

melonhead
Extended-Phenotype Still would rather see some skill on the pitch and wins coming from that. Not sure I'm that fussed paying for a season ticket if football isn't enjoyable to watch. That's pretty much why I watch it.

winning games and silverware is enjoyable and entertaining in itself isnt it?

Not really, no. I'd be bored pretty quickly if the football was not in itself entertaining, 3 pts doesn't automatically make it a game worth watching.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 31 Mar 2014 15:20

shit game 3 points>>>>>>shit game 0/1 points though

shirley

302 posts