MATCHWATCH : Swansea City (h)

293 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Swansea City (h)

by Hound » 18 Apr 2022 21:04

Snowflake Royal
Hound We’re an exciting team to watch again and loved watching us physically dominate

That's because we play with pace and tempo without Ejaria. :wink:

Well….did anyone play with pace and tempo under Pauno? We were shite weren’t we, let’s be honest

Ejaria over TDB any day tbh.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Apr 2022 21:15

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Hound We’re an exciting team to watch again and loved watching us physically dominate

Well….did anyone play with pace and tempo under Pauno? We were shite weren’t we, let’s be honest

TDB was a mixed bag today. Ejaria is the better player but he needs to stay fit.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Apr 2022 21:17

Refreshing to see the players work so hard, even 2/3 goals behind. Night and day to the last couple of months under Paunovic where heads dropped after the first goal

Drinkwater, Laurent and Ince didn’t stop all game and considering there’s doubts over any of them being here next season, it was good to see. Hoilett left Rahman exposed a fair few times today and obviously gave the penalty away but pinpoint cross for Ince’s goal

Lot of work still needed defensively but you reap your rewards when you work so hard and Swansea’s complacency backfired, fully merited point by the end

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Apr 2022 21:23

Hound
Snowflake Royal

TDB over Ejaria in defensive midfield every day of the week.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 18 Apr 2022 21:36

Ark Royal Absolute limbs in the Arkers' seats when TMc equalised. I thought we got a lot closer to them in the second half and you could sense that we could, if not win, get something out of the game. With less than five minutes left, I told my daughter we would get one more chance. Never thought it would be an almost exact duplicate of the winner at Bramall Lane. :shock:

Not on the same level as the Plymouth comeback of '85, but close. Also, the first 4-4 draw I have witnessed following Reading for over 56 years.

Brilliant stuff, but I am in a bit of a mess!

Yep, very emotional after that. Well played lads and thank you good night.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Apr 2022 21:37

Sky highlights Reading 4 Swansea 4, 2 minutes exactly, just the goals,, QPR 1 Derby 0, 2 minutes 7 seconds, :D

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Apr 2022 21:49

LUX
Ark Royal Absolute limbs in the Arkers' seats when TMc equalised. I thought we got a lot closer to them in the second half and you could sense that we could, if not win, get something out of the game. With less than five minutes left, I told my daughter we would get one more chance. Never thought it would be an almost exact duplicate of the winner at Bramall Lane. :shock:

Not on the same level as the Plymouth comeback of '85, but close. Also, the first 4-4 draw I have witnessed following Reading for over 56 years.

Brilliant stuff, but I am in a bit of a mess!

Yep, very emotional after that. Well played lads and thank you good night.

I was drained at the end. Nervous from the first whistle. When we went 1 up Jnr said “safe as houses”. I said no we weren’t. By the time Swansea’s fourth went in he was constantly checking the other scores.
A fabulous fight back. Hugs with fellow season ticket holders at the end.
We won’t go down now.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 18 Apr 2022 22:31

2 games on the trot where we have got goals in injury time earning us 4 vital points; that shows fight, bottle and a never say die attitude that ONLY comes from the Manager.

One final thing; did Clinton Morrison have a massive wedge on Derby avoiding relegation? Only explanation I can think of for his tear stained eulogy for "Wayne and the lads" and their "wonderful supporters"..................... :twisted:

Rax

by Rax » 18 Apr 2022 22:39

Mr Angry 2 games on the trot where we have got goals in injury time earning us 4 vital points; that shows fight, bottle and a never say die attitude that ONLY comes from the Manager.

One final thing; did Clinton Morrison have a massive wedge on Derby avoiding relegation? Only explanation I can think of for his tear stained eulogy for "Wayne and the lads" and their "wonderful supporters"..................... :twisted:

Please stop Mr A, I'm crying buckets here!!!!! :D

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Apr 2022 23:46

This has probably been posted elsewhere but it's quite entertaining.

Nice chap, does a good job, so fair play to him.

But seriously the smugness of the Swansea fans ripping the piss out of us for the playoff final. Thinking 4-1 is game set and match. Then all going silent looking at their phones. "I. Hate. Football." :lol:

Seems like they honestly believed they are playoff material and they were going to make it. :roll: We played and matched a very good team today with everything to play for. Well done boys.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 19 Apr 2022 00:08

Mr Angry 2 games on the trot where we have got goals in injury time earning us 4 vital points; that shows fight, bottle and a never say die attitude that ONLY comes from the Manager.

And I switched over to Sky Sports news just as QPR scored. Normally all the Sky commentators wet themselves when there's a goal. Morrison reacted as though his cat had just been run over!

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 19 Apr 2022 00:22

windermereROYAL Sky highlights Reading 4 Swansea 4, 2 minutes exactly, just the goals,, QPR 1 Derby 0, 2 minutes 7 seconds, :D

:mrgreen:

reLOLegated

Bye

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Apr 2022 07:52

Do wonder if we’ll look back on this season as a bit of a ‘what if?’

So many injuries, Pauno stinking the place out for so long etc.

Adding a fit Meite, Swift and Ejaria to that side - it really does look a useful team. Absolute travesty we are where we are.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Apr 2022 08:58

Millsy This has probably been posted elsewhere but it's quite entertaining.

But seriously the smugness of the Swansea fans ripping the piss out of us for the playoff final. Thinking 4-1 is game set and match. Then all going silent looking at their phones. "I. Hate. Football." :lol:

Seems like they honestly believed they are playoff material and they were going to make it. :roll: We played and matched a very good team today with everything to play for. Well done boys.

Brilliant that, from ecstasy to dejection.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 19 Apr 2022 09:32

Hound Do wonder if we’ll look back on this season as a bit of a ‘what if?’

Adding a fit Meite, Swift and Ejaria to that side - it really does look a useful team. Absolute travesty we are where we are.

There is obviously far more quality in the side than the table suggests, it's just been a difficult season off the field which will have affected performances on the field like it tends to do with clubs.

Hopefully we can continue to have a strong end to the season and go again next season.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 19 Apr 2022 09:41

Swansea Manager interview was carried out to the backdrop of a Reading fan singing (!) 4 1 and you mucked it up.

And he was moaning about no water on the pitch. Not sure that was a factor when you were 4 1 up.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Apr 2022 09:45

The injuries have killed any chance we had of pushing on this season. They surely cannot be this bad again. When you look at teams like Luton, Sheff Utd, Blackburn, Middlesbrough etc they are very ordinary. There are only three decent teams in this division in Fulham, Muff and Forest.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Apr 2022 09:50

Zip

The injuries have killed any chance we had of pushing on this season. They surely cannot be this bad again. When you look at teams like Luton, Sheff Utd, Blackburn, Middlesbrough etc they are very ordinary. There are only three decent teams in this division in Fulham, Muff and Forest.

Yep, it's been the constant cobbling together of a first team that has hurt us the most (teamed with almost constant off field distraction). The run at the start of the season, peetered out mainly as we had no players left and that alongside VP not having a clue how to turn things around left us looking down. We probably wouldn't have been looking up either but we could and probably should have been around where Preston are currently - the full squad was capable of a 60 points plus season (before deduction).

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Apr 2022 10:03

Millsy This has probably been posted elsewhere but it's quite entertaining.

I thought he was fine. An entertaining watch and he at least managed to pronounce “Madejski” properly unlike Courtney Friday.
In fairness his comments about them having a play off shout were justified as had they won yesterday they would be in the mix and let’s face it some of the teams up there are bang average.

They shouldn’t have taken off Downes who was completely controlling the game. He was finding space and we not closing him down.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Apr 2022 10:07

Good the Grandstand theme was played at the end because it felt like a win.

293 posts