Seol

308 posts
Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 01 Mar 2007 18:16

Top Flight Some people find strength in adversity!

That is the motivation behind booing Seol.

He clearly feels too comfortable at RFC and is taking things for granted. He hasn't responded to fans encouraging him so now the fans are trying the boo technique.

Lets see if it works with Seol.

Lita seemed to raise his game after being called lazy on HNA.

please do not think that HNA has the influence to make a player play better - otherwise you'll end up looking even more foolish than you currently are.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Mar 2007 18:16

Beckham has been booed by England fans and heavily and harshly critisized after he got sent off against Argentina.....

He came back and played some great football for England after that.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 01 Mar 2007 18:17

Coppell's Right Footed 11
Top Flight I think some people can be motivated when they are booed.

Ronaldo thrives on being booed.

Beckham raises his game when he is booed and disliked.

Completly different though and they are being booed by the opposition rather than their own fans

Good point well made.

Only one Trevor Morley

by Only one Trevor Morley » 01 Mar 2007 18:17

Top Flight Beckham has been booed by England fans and heavily and harshly critisized after he got sent off against Argentina.....

he was criticised for his act of petulance - not for how he played on the pitch....... he actually played well in 98

Next example please........

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Mar 2007 18:19

Only one Trevor Morley

He clearly feels too comfortable at RFC and is taking things for granted. He hasn't responded to fans encouraging him so now the fans are trying the boo technique.

please do not think that HNA has the influence to make a player play better - otherwise you'll end up looking even more foolish than you currently are.

Why are you calling me foolish?

You are as bad as the booers.......... Probably worse!

Its ok to insult me personally but its not ok to boo Seol?

I haven't personally insulted anyone on here and I don't boo Seol. I just defend the fans right to boo Seol when he underperforms.

I have never booed Seol or insulted anyone on here.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Mar 2007 18:20

Only one Trevor Morley
Top Flight Beckham has been booed by England fans and heavily and harshly critisized after he got sent off against Argentina.....

he was criticised for his act of petulance - not for how he played on the pitch....... he actually played well in 98

Whats the difference?

He was booed and critisized!

Its ok to boo when someone is petulant, but its not ok to boo when someone is lazy? Thats ridiculous!

Only one Trevor Morley

by Only one Trevor Morley » 01 Mar 2007 18:20

Top Flight
Only one Trevor Morley

I haven't personally insulted anyone on here and I don't boo Seol. I just defend the fans right to boo Seol when he underperforms.

Thats exactly my point - I'm having a go at you - but you're not improving the quality of your posts - in fact they are getting worse. The same applies to booing.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Mar 2007 18:21

I thought people were saying that it is completely unacceptable to boo.

So now its ok to boo in the right circumstances?

What are the right circumstances to boo then?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Mar 2007 18:22

Only one Trevor Morley
Top Flight
Only one Trevor Morley

Thats exactly my point - I'm having a go at you - but you're not improving the quality of your posts - in fact they are getting worse. The same applies to booing.

Am I underperforming?

I must be putting a lazy performance in with my posts :wink:

Only one Trevor Morley

by Only one Trevor Morley » 01 Mar 2007 18:23

Top Flight
Only one Trevor Morley

Whats the difference?

Its ok to boo when someone is petulant, but its not ok to boo when someone is lazy? Thats ridiculous!

I havent said that they were right to boo him. You said that Beckham played better after received boos. I'm saying that the two arent comparible. he was booed for getting sent off not on his performance. Think before you type.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Mar 2007 18:28

Only one Trevor Morley
Top Flight
Only one Trevor Morley

Whats the difference?

I havent said that they were right to boo him. You said that Beckham played better after received boos. I'm saying that the two arent comparible. he was booed for getting sent off not on his performance. Think before you type.

OK, point received and understood.

I was wrong to suggest that Beckham improved his performance as a direct result of being booed. Because he played well before and after he received the boo treatment.

But, I am suggesting that players can thrive when booed and it can motivate them!

Only one Trevor Morley

by Only one Trevor Morley » 01 Mar 2007 18:31

Top Flight
Only one Trevor Morley
Top Flight
Only one Trevor Morley

Whats the difference?

OK, point received and understood.

I was wrong to suggest that Beckham improved his performance as a direct result of being booed. Because he played well before and after he received the boo treatment.

But, I am suggesting that players can thrive when booed and it can motivate them!

Based on what? you cant give an example and I gave two where booing didnt work.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Mar 2007 18:32

Cristiano Ronaldo.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 01 Mar 2007 18:35

yep, I can clearly remember him saying that the turnaround in his form was due to the constant criticism he received on HNA, and he'd like to thank all those who took the opportunity to remind him what a useless lazy bastard he is.

I'm sure Seol's reaction to be booed was to gratefully accept this constructive criticism, as it's only natural to want to perform for people who insult you to your face, call you lazy, and say they hope they never see you playing in a Reading shirt again. I'm sure if we could get the whole ground singing "f*** off, you're a lazy c***" at him, to the tune of go west, then he'd recapture that early season form in no time.

I will never cease to be amazed by people who think booing somehow helps.

Only one Trevor Morley

by Only one Trevor Morley » 01 Mar 2007 18:37

Top Flight Cristiano Ronaldo.

Again thats poor - you need to come up with an example of where someone has played badly and the booing has motivated them to play better. Ronaldo got booed because he was seen to cheat at the world cup. If booing had a positive impact he'd fall over less in the box - he still does that.

Finchley Royal

by Finchley Royal » 01 Mar 2007 18:44

Top Flight

Yeah, I can see the cause and effect there...

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Mar 2007 18:50

Only one Trevor Morley
Top Flight Cristiano Ronaldo.

Again thats poor - you need to come up with an example of where someone has played badly and the booing has motivated them to play better. Ronaldo got booed because he was seen to cheat at the world cup. If booing had a positive impact he'd fall over less in the box - he still does that.

To be fair to me, its hard for a Reading fan to come up with any examples because the Royals have been so good for so long that it is so hard to come up with any examples. Only a couple of players have been booed in the last number of years. And usually when a player is booed it is because they were Cr*p anyway and if they're rubbish anyway then they are unlikely to become good just because they were booed.

If Meaker was good at QPR, they wouldn't have swapped him for Osborn. Meaker was rubbish anyway.

Its better to ask fans at rubbish clubs if booing works.

Fans who have more reason to boo.

I have to think right back to our Elm Park days to come up with any examples and my memory is so bad, I can't remember that far back.

Meaker was booed but I never said he came good.

Gilkes was never booed but the South Bank always stuck a rocket up him and got him performing.

I can't think of any examples buddy.......... Sorry!

Only one Trevor Morley

by Only one Trevor Morley » 01 Mar 2007 18:56

Top Flight
I can't think of any examples buddy.......... Sorry!

We're getting somewhere.

This is my whole point. you're basing your opinion on a feeling that you have - instead of basing it on facts. Hughes was booed and got worse. My old man is a QPR fan and said Meaker was far better at QPR. he lost confidence.

What matters most is Reading football club - not a section of fans who want the right to boo. Its a shame that you defended the boo boys rights when it wasnt based on anything other that a gut feeling.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Mar 2007 18:57

I seem to be struggling to justify my argument that booing can be used as a motivational tool............

I will just have to accept that I cannot come up with any examples of a situation where a player has been rubbish and then after copping the boo boys has dramatically turned around their fortunes and become a good player.

But, I still feel that if a player doesn't try, then fans have the right to express their dissatisfaction with the players lazy attitude by booing.

Having said all of that, I don't boo our players and I have neved booed Seol. But I do defend the fans rights to booo players if they don't work hard.

There was no justification to boo Andy Hughes as far as I am concerned because he gave everything to the Royals. He was just rubbish.

Seol on the other hand isn't trying and that I cannot accept. He must work harder.

But its Coppells job to motivate him and not mine. Which is why I haven't booed him.

MC ROYAL

by MC ROYAL » 01 Mar 2007 20:45

So Royalee and the rest of you muppets, do you think Lita improved because he just suddenly decided to try? Or maybe it was because he scored against the champions, got a bit of confidence and hit some form.

308 posts