Lita in NOTW

285 posts
Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 26 Sep 2007 00:15

13 pages and not one mention that 1:53 is a bit quick when the average is 3 minutes.

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 26 Sep 2007 00:21

Compo's Hat 13 pages and not one mention that 1:53 is a bit quick when the average is 3 minutes.

Not as quick as Compo though, is it! :? :roll: :lol:

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 26 Sep 2007 10:27

Kitsonista
zac naloen
Kitsonista
zac naloen
Leroy is the publisher - he distributed the pics

NOTW have not printed a pic other than Lita's sex face, he can hardly argue the toss here can he?

What pictures?

A. It's a video

B. He didn't "publish" anything.

The law relates to publishing of photographs in magazines and the like.

viewing or non-commercially showing such a photo in private, generally does not create legal exposure, at least in the United States.

Keep clutching at those straws though.

Beg to differ "To publish" in the UK is defined as:

To make information available and distribute it to the public.

Unless you could prove that Leroys intent was not to publish he could be charged under the Obscenity Laws, which prohibit the "publishing" of Offensive or Obscene material. By clicking on Send he's publishing, and it might be described as wreckless, but that's what he's done. Once sent to teammates he's effectively publishing it, by putting it in the public domain. You could argue that the teamates equal a private party, but a good lawyer would carve that up. The girl could sue for this as she does not appear to know what he's done and therefore did not give consent. This would be invasion of privacy at the least.

Overall though, he's been a bit of a k**b again. He's young, rich and not too bright. All said and done he's a footballer and they use their feet not their brains. If every guy his age could, they would. Steve should sit him down, talk to him and ask him to be a bit more careful. Also the rest of the team need to understand that what happens between them stays between them. What should be of more concern is which b*****d leaked it to the press. when he sent it Leroy couldn't know what a chain of events he'd started, but I bet he does now.

Liverpool fans are quick to pick up on anything like this, wait for the chants tonight.

To throw that back any decent defence lawyer would carve up the claims that he published it, he showed it to some mates, that's private.
Things like this crop up on the internet all the time with NO convictions for anyone.

The video isn't even in the public domain, the newspaper has reported it exists and shown a "clip" of Leroy but nothing more.

But he didn't "show it" to his mates he sent it, that's publishing. The only reason that there have been no convictions before is that the other parties have been too embarrassed to admit they are in it. That's all Litas got to rely on now.

As others have pointed out the NOTW's gutter journos will be trawling around trying to find her and offer her money for her "side" of the story. Often a threat to the ISP of legal action is enough to have the material removed. Ms Diaz et al have worked this angle.

But and it's a big but, the CPS may decide at any time that a test case of publishing obscene material should be mounted against say Youtube or other similar ISPs to get a formal ruling on electronic publication of material which offends or is likely to outrage public decency.

When (not if) the NOTW find the girl (presumably see next week's edition) she will either tell of her disgrace or a 'my night with Lita' story depending on the size of the final payout.

As the Government has stated its stance on cyberbullying which is what this is the Kitsonista is correct.

To publish something you only need to have a few copies (e.g 10 copies of a dissertation) or even to type it on a website forum.

Ignoring the arguments about the sex, if Leroy is sued, loses and maybe even gets a custodial sentence based on his 'previous'. How many of you wuld still have the 'It doesn't matter' stance as we pay his wages.

Coppell is a canny user of the media, he's playing it down for a reason and that reason is to protect the likely damage to a club from a footie player who's been involved in nightclub brawls, a sex video and who knows what's next. In the 70's our Robin got away with it because there was less media to feed on it.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 26 Sep 2007 10:56

I don't remember Dyer or his other team mates getting a custodial sentence for doing something similar whilst on holiday.

Lita is very naive or stupid and he shouldn't have sent it round to his mates, but he's not the first footballer to be caught out like this and he certainly won't be the last. It'll be old news by the end of the month.

Lita had a very good game last night, let's concentrate on the positives and leave his private life out of it.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 26 Sep 2007 11:21

As the Government has stated its stance on cyberbullying which is what this is the Kitsonista is correct.

Cyber bullying against Leroy is pushing it a stretch :lol:

The person being bullied here is Lita by the news of the world and whoever sent the video to them.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 26 Sep 2007 11:22

Just LOL... Are you lot still on about this.....?

Sir Rodney Effing

by Sir Rodney Effing » 26 Sep 2007 11:26

Yorkshire Royal Got to say. Probably the most mature performance from Leroy. I cant recall a single dive..

Do you mean a muff dive?

mzungu_royal

by mzungu_royal » 26 Sep 2007 11:43

Sir Rodney Effing
Yorkshire Royal Got to say. Probably the most mature performance from Leroy. I cant recall a single dive..

Do you mean a muff dive?

Sir Rodney Effing, keep your diving jokes to yourself please. Please Please Please lock up this thread

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 26 Sep 2007 12:09

Great over head kick. No doubt RR will still be saying "Officially bored of Lita." :roll:

mph1871

by mph1871 » 26 Sep 2007 12:36

Coppell on Lita:

"I thought he was a different kind of animal than he had been" :shock:

"Then he really came back on blob" :shock:

Far Canal

by Far Canal » 26 Sep 2007 13:23

SpaceCruiser Great over head kick.

If the goal had hair round it, I'm sure Leroy would have got it straight in.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 26 Sep 2007 13:38

Uke Ignoring the arguments about the sex, if Leroy is sued, loses and maybe even gets a custodial sentence based on his 'previous'. How many of you wuld still have the 'It doesn't matter' stance as we pay his wages.

YOU F UCKING WHAT?!!!

You're just making yourself look stupid now.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 26 Sep 2007 13:43

Skin.. just back away from this thread.. it is a highlight of everything that is wrong with HNA and Reading football club...

Sir Rodney Effing

by Sir Rodney Effing » 26 Sep 2007 13:44

Skin
Uke Ignoring the arguments about the sex, if Leroy is sued, loses and maybe even gets a custodial sentence based on his 'previous'. How many of you wuld still have the 'It doesn't matter' stance as we pay his wages.

YOU F UCKING WHAT?!!!

Don't know Skin, he may have a point, perhaps they may castrate him too ;)

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Sep 2007 13:46

Skin

YOU F UCKING WHAT?!!!

Agreed. Typical 'bar room lawyer'!

'Suing' relates to civil, rather that criminal action and you can't get sent to prison in a civil action (unless, perhaps, if you are in contempt of court)!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Sep 2007 13:48

Skin

YOU F UCKING WHAT?!!!

Not as stupid as you are for taking him seriously!! :lol:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 26 Sep 2007 13:56

Royal Rother
Skin

YOU F UCKING WHAT?!!!

Not as stupid as you are for taking him seriously!! :lol:

Not as stupid as you are for saying that you were "officially bored of Leroy Lita"! :lol:

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 26 Sep 2007 14:00

79Royal Let's leave his private life out of it.

When you're famous and in the public spotlight you don't have a private life. Thats just the way it is. It comes with the territory. Most people in said spotlight have a grasp of that and know how to conduct themselves accordingly.

Honestly, you think Mr. Mad, Howe, Hammond, Sir Steve, et al, are thrilled at this latest Lita episode? I rather think not.

And as for "As long as Lita scores goals on the field, then I don't care what he does off it', well, what garbage. And what if he doesn't score goals? Then what he did suddenly becomes wrong? Puhlease. What he did is either right or wrong, and what he does on the field should have no bearing on it.

TThe double standards in here amaze me. Reminds me of the debate we had about diving. Diving in soccer is ok as long as we are the one's winning the penalties. Yeah, ok.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Sep 2007 14:14

Denver Royal
And as for "As long as Lita scores goals on the field, then I don't care what he does off it', well, what garbage. And what if he doesn't score goals? Then what he did suddenly becomes wrong? Puhlease. What he did is either right or wrong, and what he does on the field should have no bearing on it.

I think you're misunderstanding the argument. What he does off the field (unless major) whether he scores or not is irrelevant. However our appreciation of him in general lies in how he does for us i.e. does he do what we pay him to do. So if he stops scoring, we won't start caring about a shag clip any more or less than we do now, we'll start slagging him off for his performance.

As long as Lita is playing well, I for one like him. If not I don't. That's all that ever matters. Whatever the case, I for one still don't care what he does outside the club.

How he plays is either good or bad, and what he does on the field should have no bearing on it.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 26 Sep 2007 14:23

Really.. 14 pages of this nonsense.. Would all comomon senes posters just stop now... and it will die out and we can go back to how we dont like being called plucky...

285 posts