Cardiff FA Cup Match Thread

243 posts
The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Cardiff FA Cup Match Thread

by The Cap » 03 Jan 2009 20:59

Totally agree with your comments Short & Curly.

In fact they bring back memories of when I was at school (or should that be 'a centre of learning') and we played Bishop's Stortford in an afternoon game during the week. I think we ended up winning 6-2. It was the Cup and certainly had that magical feel to it.

As for selections? Who'd be a manager?

However, the Copp is looking at the bigger picture and clubs, at this level, are not able to sustain an assault on two fronts. Possible replays included.

Take your pick.

As for Watford. Given the team selection today, expectations are bound to be higher.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 04 Jan 2009 06:50

1972 Mr Cap, and was 6-1 against Blyth Spartans. Played in the afternoon as we said their floodlights were not up to standard and insisted on an early KO at theirs, we were 2-0 up then the light faded and we slipped them 2 goals right near the end, having refused to play under their lights they were allowed to refuse to play under ours, hence the afternoon KO.

I was in the seats!!!! and recall masses of people all over the place, just prior to KO with loads still queing someone managed to get the gate to the Town end open, and hundreds got in for free, good thinking at the time.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 04 Jan 2009 09:29

Cheers for the facts 17.

I knew there was a B,S and 6 in the equation!

243 posts