Hob Nob Regular

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by Simon's Church » 14 Apr 2012 16:08

It's just Anton and his dad.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 14 Apr 2012 16:11

FiNeRaIn We need some answers on this now, when it all happened they claimed it would all be finalised before the end of march. We are mid-way through april and still no word. There has been some kind of problem and the fans deserve to know exactly what it is and what is going on behind the scenes. Is there a way for STAR to get some answers for us? I do not want to be going into next season ( if we make the prem) not knowing about budgets for the manager and what the long term plan is. If we aren't going to be taken over...fine, if we are can we get it sewn up so we can have one less distraction and allow the manager to plan for next season. We know with madejski in charge it won't be extravagant but even he won't deny us a significant portion to spend on players this time around.

Thank you.

A week ago Chris Samuelson said he hoped the go-ahead would be given within 1-2 weeks. What more do you want, other than to stir up the pot? Grow up, sit down, and enjoy the ride we're currently on. The club and TSI are very happy with where we are with the deal. We'll get the nod when we get the nod!

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 14 Apr 2012 16:13

Simon's Church It's just Anton and his dad.

:?:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 14 Apr 2012 16:13

Friday's Legacy
FiNeRaIn We need some answers on this now, when it all happened they claimed it would all be finalised before the end of march. We are mid-way through april and still no word. There has been some kind of problem and the fans deserve to know exactly what it is and what is going on behind the scenes. Is there a way for STAR to get some answers for us? I do not want to be going into next season ( if we make the prem) not knowing about budgets for the manager and what the long term plan is. If we aren't going to be taken over...fine, if we are can we get it sewn up so we can have one less distraction and allow the manager to plan for next season. We know with madejski in charge it won't be extravagant but even he won't deny us a significant portion to spend on players this time around.

Thank you.

A week ago Chris Samuelson said he hoped the go-ahead would be given within 1-2 weeks. What more do you want, other than to stir up the pot? Grow up, sit down, and enjoy the ride we're currently on. The club and TSI are very happy with where we are with the deal. We'll get the nod when we get the nod!

massively ill-judged and bizarre comments here. I hadn't seen the samuelson comments, can you provide the link?

postwhisperer

by postwhisperer » 14 Apr 2012 16:16

im getting a bit of deja vu here with the recent pompey takeover. one man questions these untold riches and the rest are like "shut up we need to buy more mercenaries" for everyones sake i hope im wrong but wow it could be true

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 14 Apr 2012 16:17

FiNeRaIn
Friday's Legacy

Thank you.

massively ill-judged and bizarre comments here. I hadn't seen the samuelson comments, can you provide the link?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eover.html

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 14 Apr 2012 16:22

Thank you, hadn't seen that as I wasn't in the UK, that was useful.

yuomi

by yuomi » 14 Apr 2012 16:27

Simon's Church It's just Anton and his dad.

its clearly not just anton and his dad. im not too concerned but this is the same anton who screwed bill kenwright over, coming in flashing the cash and then saying it was a school project and he never had any intention of buying into everton. this feels different, and i think/hope the hold ups here are more FA related than about the buyer here. anton, as a stand alone, has naff all. the money is all his dads and i guess that bears closer scrutiny from the FA.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 14 Apr 2012 16:35

i think they will wait until promotion is secured just to keep the players focus on the job in hand might even get announced by johnny boy on the pitch at palace

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 14 Apr 2012 16:51

Love the phrase "clueless goon"

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Apr 2012 16:52

Hasnt Madejski said the only delay is die to the FA fit and proper person test?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 14 Apr 2012 16:54

It's due to the football league not ratifying it yet.

It can't be the FPP test because that's a self certification. I just think they are doing their homework on this one.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 14 Apr 2012 16:55

ZacNaloen It's due to the football league not ratifying it yet.

It can't be the FPP test because that's a self certification. I just think they are doing their homework on this one.

Im happy for them to do so as it does protect us at the end of the day, but a little more transparency about the whole process wouldn't go astray.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Apr 2012 16:57

Not much more the club can do than say the deal is just awaiting the necessary ratification surely?

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 14 Apr 2012 16:57

ZacNaloen It can't be the FPP test because that's a self certification.

Chris Samuelson it remains incomplete 'only because the League have yet to give FPP clearance'

:?

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 14 Apr 2012 16:59

Does the value of Reading FC increase as promotion looks more and more likely?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 14 Apr 2012 17:01

Simon's Church
ZacNaloen It can't be the FPP test because that's a self certification.

Chris Samuelson it remains incomplete 'only because the League have yet to give FPP clearance'

:?

Which just means they haven't ticked it off because of all the additional checks they are doign. It's practically impossible to fail the FPP.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Apr 2012 17:03

To Stuka- Of course, but it probably wouldn't have happened without the signing of Roberts which was funded by TSI's money.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 14 Apr 2012 17:06

Royal Rother To Stuka- Of course, but it probably wouldn't have happened without the signing of Roberts which was funded by TSI's money.

And it also helped keep Kebe and Federici here.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 14 Apr 2012 17:29

FiNeRaIn
Arnie_Pie Why do you give a shite you will moan either way?

Don't tell me what I will or won't do, you clueless goon.

I'd be happy with either scenario.

Well shut up then.

4 days ago on the BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17664456

5145 posts