Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
Muguire

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by Muguire » 16 Apr 2012 17:18

Royal Rother NONE of this is fact. It's all based on rumour, bullshit, guesswork and a tiny bit of knowledge. A heady but, as we have seen many many times over the years, unreliable cocktail.

I think FL has been spot on with three of our last signings, all before they broke. And he knew an announcement was about to be made on the progress of the TSI deal days before it was made. His information matched that of what we were told, unlike the likes of Rouge, RL, TBM etc who were way off the mark :!: :roll:

Not everyone one on here is bullshitter. Most, but not all :!: :!:

Who are our reliable sources? Friday's Legacy and gazza are the only ones I can think of. Stranded is usually good too actually :!:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 Apr 2012 17:24

Remind me again where I've been WAY OFF THE MARK? I've merely stated that I've been told by 2 separate, reliable sources that there is a problem with the takeover...and as the takeover hasn't yet been ratified, I'm hardly WAY OFF THE MARK, you mug!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Apr 2012 17:26

Ian Royal
Royal Rother NONE of this is fact. It's all based on rumour, bullshit, guesswork and a tiny bit of knowledge. A heady but, as we have seen many many times over the years, unreliable cocktail.

That's why I was taking issue with a post saying it was fact. Keep up dear boy.

Did it look like I was disagreeing with you?

And Mags yes, FL is good, but I simply don't believe anyone can know which of Reading's staff would have stayed or gone without TSI. Too many variables involved.

Muguire

by Muguire » 16 Apr 2012 17:29

Royal Lady Remind me again where I've been WAY OFF THE MARK? I've merely stated that I've been told by 2 separate, reliable sources that there is a problem with the takeover...and as the takeover hasn't yet been ratified, I'm hardly WAY OFF THE MARK, you mug!

It's Mugs :!:

Mugs x

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Apr 2012 18:24

Have I mistakenly logged into KUMB? What a bunch of muggy kants you lot are.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Apr 2012 18:37

sandman Have I mistakenly logged into KUMB? What a bunch of muggy kants you lot are.

RL has always had the cockney fish wife about her

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Apr 2012 20:05

Royal Lady Remind me again where I've been WAY OFF THE MARK? I've merely stated that I've been told by 2 separate, reliable sources that there is a problem with the takeover...and as the takeover hasn't yet been ratified, I'm hardly WAY OFF THE MARK, you mug!

Actually RL you said:
Royal Lady I was told by two separate people weeks ago that the agreement had stalled and looked likely not to go ahead.

Given everything coming out of everyone involved has been relating to how everything is rosey and the only delay is the deal being ratified by the relevant footballing bodies, that strikes me as pretty close to way off the mark.

Of course it's not your fault someone you may or may not trust and think has access to this sort of information has told you something which is looking more and more like obvious bullcrap. But you do seem to have given it way too much credance given the circumstances, IMO of course.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 16 Apr 2012 20:14

Saw my guy the other day and he said the due diligence is taking way longer than anticipated.

FL are also taking longer to ratify any deal as the fit and proper test has become a bit of a joke, so I think they are delving deeper into anton than they previously would have before.

After the west ham game, anton was in the country a week longer than expected and relationship between and anton and the board are quite good

Just a hitch, but from what I heard it hasn't broken down, just taking a little bit longer than expected. Wasn't the original date 31st march? 16 days is nothing compared to some delays in takeovers

Muguire

by Muguire » 16 Apr 2012 20:26

Ian Royal

Actually RL you said:
Royal Lady I was told by two separate people weeks ago that the agreement had stalled and looked likely not to go ahead.

Given everything coming out of everyone involved has been relating to how everything is rosey and the only delay is the deal being ratified by the relevant footballing bodies, that strikes me as pretty close to way off the mark.

Of course it's not your fault someone you may or may not trust and think has access to this sort of information has told you something which is looking more and more like obvious bullcrap. But you do seem to have given it way too much credance given the circumstances, IMO of course.

gazzer, loyal royal Saw my guy the other day and he said the due diligence is taking way longer than anticipated.

FL are also taking longer to ratify any deal as the fit and proper test has become a bit of a joke, so I think they are delving deeper into anton than they previously would have before.

After the west ham game, anton was in the country a week longer than expected and relationship between and anton and the board are quite good

Just a hitch, but from what I heard it hasn't broken down, just taking a little bit longer than expected. Wasn't the original date 31st march? 16 days is nothing compared to some delays in takeovers

Geekins
Friday's Legacy I can only go by my source, and he told me Mullins and the young Arsenal player were coming before the news went public. In the past he has been spot on about Sidwell, Halford, N.Hunt and McAnuff coming here also. He has said that all the checks etc have gone well and the club are close to making an announcement. I asked today about these rumours and he told me it is all nonsense.

"John Madejski entered into a gentleman's agreement in January to sell 51% of his shares in the club. He knew at that time TSI would then invest upfront in the hope the club could make a late push for the Play-offs. The fact that Reading have managed to compete beyond that makes no difference to the fee agreed for these shares. John Madejski knew there was a chance promotion could be achieved and he took that into account when agreeing the deal. As far as I'm aware nothing has changed."

I will put my faith in him over anyone else as he is yet to let me down.

Just want to quote for emphasis!

RL so off the mark it's embarrassing :!: :!: :!:

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 16 Apr 2012 21:04

Madejski has said that the deal is taking longer due to the Football League taking longer than anticipated. FACT.

Anton has been to more games than I expected he would and he looks very happy each and every time he has been at a game (and who can blame him). FACT

Now Royal Lady may have heard correctly from reliable sources, who are we to call her a liar? She is after all, just passing on information, and technically yes, there is a problem. That problem being the Football League taking longer than usual. It's not a major problem, however it is a problem but not one between the parties involved in the deal. That's the important fact.

Some deals take longer than others. Ever bought a house? No house move take the exact amount time as the next.

At the end of the day, we can all pass on information and Chinese whispers and it just adds fuel to speculative fire. I'm not worried. More focused on the game tomorrow in fact.

Smile people, it's been an incredible season.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 16 Apr 2012 21:33

Just saying, if the deal is about to collapse I doubt we'd see Anton at every home game waving his scarf. Bet he's got the Rumblestix out tomorrow night

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 17 Apr 2012 07:23

Friday's Legacy and gazza, loyal royal and Icelandic_Stokie is it? are the only reliable posters I know on here.

I'm enclined to believe FL if he says he knows Brian was very close to leaving for Wolves. It would have tempted most managers, even if they did go down. Money to spend, a decent squad to work with, make a few changes and make it your own; and the stadium expansion going on. Apart from relegation it's all positive if you can take your blinkered dislike for Wolves away for one moment. They will bounce back, no doubt about it.

Fortunately for us, Brian received the answers to his questions about TSI and the direction of the club, and it convinced him he is better off here. That for me is very exciting! We will need considerable investment if we want to stay up next season, as well as the ability to tie down our best players on long-term contracts and not have to sell them as has previously been the case.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 17 Apr 2012 07:36

TBF if most managers would have been tempted by the Wolves job how come none of them got it and they had to settle for Terry Connor.

If you're out of work,desperate and not very good (Hello Steve Bruce) then fair enough but I think it's a big big stretch to say that the current manager of a club challenging for the play offs in the Championship (with a club & support he clearly has an infinity with) would as a FACT have taken the Wolves job.

What is a FACT is that despite cloth-cutting,book balancing and the rest we have never yet cashed in on 1st choice players in the January transfer window. Once again it's a big stretch to describe as FACT the idea that Kebe and Federici wouldn't still have been playing for us at this stage of the season regardless of TSI investment.

I'm not suggesting that TSI haven't made a huge impact on our season but I don't care how ITK you are, hypothesising is not fact.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 17 Apr 2012 07:49

Vision I'm not suggesting that TSI haven't made a huge impact on our season but I don't care how ITK you are, hypothesising is not fact.

That's my thoughts. People spin theories to support their own personal point of view - and then get annoyed with other people who do exactly the same thing.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Apr 2012 08:23

Is it not possible that this CONSORTIUM (thinking of the other financiers)

is stalling to make absolutely certain they are buying a PREM team

and maybe Sir J is thinking, well if YOU can dick about...

And now a price has been set, why wouldn't someone else come in?

Previously it was a side with potential to get back into the Prem

Now it's a side almost guaranteed.

By ten o'clock tonight RFC could BE a Prem side.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Apr 2012 08:26

OK, well I haven't been told NOT to mention this, so I'll just say that the problem is with the "consortium" and the money - the FL (my mistake mentioning FA) have asked for proof of where the money is coming from and they have not received anything....if that's not a problem with the takeover, I don't know what is... :|

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 17 Apr 2012 08:27

Vision If you're out of work,desperate and not very good (Hello Steve Bruce) then fair enough but I think it's a big big stretch to say that the current manager of a club challenging for the play offs in the Championship (with a club & support he clearly has an infinity with) would as a FACT have taken the Wolves job.

... and beyond!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Apr 2012 08:32

Royal Lady OK, well I haven't been told NOT to mention this, so I'll just say that the problem is with the "consortium" and the money - the FL (my mistake mentioning FA) have asked for proof of where the money is coming from and they have not received anything....if that's not a problem with the takeover, I don't know what is... :|

With respect that's not really a problem with the takeover - it's just a box that has not been ticked yet.

But then my glass is usually more than half-full.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 17 Apr 2012 08:34

Is it still possible for a new buyer to come in and then borrow against the vclub to fund the purchase a la the Glazers? That would be my main concern regarding the takeover.

Otherwise, whether it goes through or not, it's been wonderful for Reading as they have not looked back since it's been announced and, even if we have to repay the funding of Roberts' signing, if he's the catalyst to get us up, then it's been worth it 10 X over

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Apr 2012 08:42

Royal Lady OK, well I haven't been told NOT to mention this, so I'll just say that the problem is with the "consortium" and the money - the FL (my mistake mentioning FA) have asked for proof of where the money is coming from and they have not received anything....if that's not a problem with the takeover, I don't know what is... :|

How much was Sir John getting?

25 Mill for half?

and going up is worth at least 70 Mill

Anyone have the actual figures, 1 season earnings, parachute etc.

Unless the sums have gone wonky, isn't this a no-brainer?

As I said, maybe the money-men are stalling because their investment would be guaranteed safe if we were up.

5145 posts