Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
Vision
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by Vision » 17 Apr 2012 08:43

mr_number
Vision If you're out of work,desperate and not very good (Hello Steve Bruce) then fair enough but I think it's a big big stretch to say that the current manager of a club challenging for the play offs in the Championship (with a club & support he clearly has an infinity with) would as a FACT have taken the Wolves job.

... and beyond!

:lol: I'm not gonna get away with claiming I did that deliberately am I?

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 17 Apr 2012 08:49

I don't know about Brian going to Wolves or not but I do remember the BBCRB interview when the take-over was announced (after Hull?) and he sounded distressed and fed-up. It was quite worrying to listen to and thankfully it does seem to have been sorted out.

Consortium? I've never really believed there is one in the sense of a group of people getting together to run RFC. It's AZ's show. The concern is he might need additional investors whose motivation can only be money, not the glory and social prestige that comes from stepping into SJM shoes.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Apr 2012 08:53

What are "other investors" if not a consortium of people putting money into the club? :|

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 17 Apr 2012 08:58

Royal Lady OK, well I haven't been told NOT to mention this, so I'll just say that the problem is with the "consortium" and the money - the FL (my mistake mentioning FA) have asked for proof of where the money is coming from and they have not received anything....if that's not a problem with the takeover, I don't know what is... :|

No offence but anyone telling you this must know that its going to end up on here..

No one in the know would be telling fans the ins and outs surley ???

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Apr 2012 09:06

Royal Lady OK, well I haven't been told NOT to mention this, so I'll just say that the problem is with the "consortium" and the money - the FL (my mistake mentioning FA) have asked for proof of where the money is coming from and they have not received anything....if that's not a problem with the takeover, I don't know what is... :|

In the end that's bonkers. (I think)

Sir John isn't going to actually, finally sign on a PROMISE of money is he?

Unless there are rules against borrowing it all (which there should be)

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 17 Apr 2012 09:12

The encouraging thing is that they are still sat next to each other in the directors box, so they can't have fallen out bigstyle.

These deals are never easy. Who are they investors? where is the money coming from? how much money is there?.... are three questions that were always going to need probing and answering with faceless consortium members (probing by the FL and RFC). My source suggested the goalposts were being moved by TSI, so unless this was about funds available it would seem separate to this.

As I say though, these deals are never simple and some to-ing and fro-ing may be expected as new info comes to light throughout the due diligence process.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Apr 2012 09:33

I have just heard from a totally reliable source that the consortium is
made up of footballers and managers nearing the end of their careers
and looking to invest

Joey Barton,
Nicky Shorey
Michael Brown
Greg Halford
Neil Warnock
and Sam Allardyce

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 17 Apr 2012 09:42

On the surface this has looked like it's a fantastic deal for all involved. In fact, with the price agreed some time ago and now on the verge of promotion, it's an even better deal for TSI.

but IF there are issues with where the money is coming from (how would any of us really know?), then this is a major concern. The FL (and FA) haven't exactly got a great track record on checking whether people are "fit & proper" to own football clubs - how many joke owners have Pompey had?!

For all SJM's words of assurance regarding "the right fit", "business as usual" etc, what's worth remembering is that he's found someone that is willing to give him £25m and take over financial responsibility of the football club.

£25m at a time when a lot of your businesses are hemorrhaging money, at this stage of your life.... that's one hell of a deal.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 17 Apr 2012 10:18

IF we go up this season, who gives a fcuk if it falls through or not - being in the Prem will attract more buyers, especially when they see how well run the club is

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 17 Apr 2012 10:21

TBM IF we go up this season, who gives a fcuk if it falls through or not - being in the Prem will attract more buyers, especially when they see how well run the club is

Agreed with this logic, yet it didn't happen when we were there for 2 seasons. SJM didn't like expense of it then, i can't see that being any different IF we get there again without TSI being onboard.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 17 Apr 2012 10:22

Isaac Hunt On the surface this has looked like it's a fantastic deal for all involved. In fact, with the price agreed some time ago and now on the verge of promotion, it's an even better deal for TSI.

but IF there are issues with where the money is coming from (how would any of us really know?), then this is a major concern. The FL (and FA) haven't exactly got a great track record on checking whether people are "fit & proper" to own football clubs - how many joke owners have Pompey had?!

Don't get me wrong, I'm in favour of the deal, but it doesn't take much googling of Anton's father to see that he didn't make his money in the Russian lumber trade without bloodshed, gang warfare, and the rest of the things you have to do to make big bucks in Russia.

I just hope that this is resolved before the end of the season. It could mess up Brian's planning if things are in limbo during the close season--unless TSI again advance money in the confidence the deal will go through. Brian's planning is unlikely to be a consideration for the authorities, unfortunately. It will be as much as they can do to get the England manager appointed in time for the Euros.
Last edited by facaldaqui on 17 Apr 2012 10:26, edited 1 time in total.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 17 Apr 2012 10:25

facaldaqui
Isaac Hunt On the surface this has looked like it's a fantastic deal for all involved. In fact, with the price agreed some time ago and now on the verge of promotion, it's an even better deal for TSI.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in favour of the deal, but it doesn't take much googling of Anton's father to see that he didn't make his money in the Russian lumber trade without bloodshed, gang warfare, and the rest of the things you have to do to make big bucks in Russia.

You have to do that in the UK as well.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 17 Apr 2012 10:30

Isaac Hunt
TBM IF we go up this season, who gives a fcuk if it falls through or not - being in the Prem will attract more buyers, especially when they see how well run the club is

Agreed with this logic, yet it didn't happen when we were there for 2 seasons. SJM didn't like expense of it then, i can't see that being any different IF we get there again without TSI being onboard.

I've always felt that he had a buyer lined up at a price that appealed to him if we'd avoided relegation that season.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Apr 2012 10:41

Norfolk Royal
facaldaqui

The East Anglian carrot wars....The horror.The horror.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 17 Apr 2012 11:27

Isaac Hunt

Actually it did. Two potential buyers came forward. One was the crook who bought Birmingham. He was even guest of honour at a game!

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 17 Apr 2012 11:28

Siniwatra?

royalsroyalsroyals92

by royalsroyalsroyals92 » 17 Apr 2012 11:30

Don't know if this has been posted any where but it makes for quite interesting reading.
Especially Zingaravic's 4 point plan to success for Reading.
http://www.sports.ru/en/football/136132035.html

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 17 Apr 2012 11:31

ZacNaloen Siniwatra?

Is that him? The one that's been arrested for Fraud back home. Yes. He came very close to buying us. Either JM dug deep and found him out or the FAPPT did (though they let Pompey get stuffed twice, so probably not them). Either way it fell throgh - obviously.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 17 Apr 2012 11:31

ZacNaloen Siniwatra?

Carsten Yeung

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 17 Apr 2012 11:33

Oh yeh, Siniwatra bought Man City :oops:

5145 posts