Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by Dare to Dr£am » 19 Apr 2012 14:00

Z175 I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Clearly the national media have only just woken up to us, again, and so I completely agree stories are scaremongering and without foundation.

Yet I think the mood is swept up in the promotion euphoria. Like the media, we have no idea about the actual source of any cash.

A lot of people are erroneously putting faith in "the club/Sir John doing their due diligence". However, this is a term used to investigate the company you are taking over,i.e. Reading FC, not the purchaser. Any mention of DD form official channels is referred to the fact that TSI have commissioned a full investigation into Readings finances to check what they are buying.

This does not, of course, preclude, John Madejski not having vetted Anton thoroughly. I would though he has done so, but statements like "I could have called Bill Kenright, but I chose not to, as I felt I could trust Anton and Chris" and "Anton's just a lovely man", and Samuelson "This is not the father, this is the son", Madejski "His Dad is a billionnaire", are not exactly statements that imply this. Sir John is totally enamoured with the takeover, and living the dream of "europe" that it wouldn't be entirely far fetched for him not to know all the ins and outs of TSI.

Equally however, theres nothing to suggest Anton isn't heading a group of investors who can see that owning a slice of a club with a 40,000 seater stadium in Europe would be a good investment, or literally looking to spank his inheritance on his new toy (please, please, please!).

But with promotion,theres nothing to worry about yet. THe possibility of Anton being a tramp and us having to sell Pearce, Karacan et al to pay Roberts 6 months wages is past.

Frankly, now we are up we're laughing whatever happens. The TV deal has gone up loads since we came 8th, parachute payments now last 4 years and our squad aren't really the upcoming stars like Doyle, Shorey etc who needed big wages. We just have to wait and see whats in from Anton, but if the answer to that is nothing, its not a disaster at all.

^^ Triffic post ^^

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 19 Apr 2012 18:52

Anton must be feeling confident of this, there is now a 5 minute interview with the guy on the OS

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 19 Apr 2012 19:38

Typical really that we're hardly taken notice of, and then we get promoted and the papers are all over the buy-out.

I wouldn't read much into what the Daily Telegraph is saying. Of course the PL will need to look at this but the FL were very close to putting their stamp on it, so with a bit of luck the PL will review their findings and do a little more digging before rubber stamping the whole thing.

AZ said himself he hasn't wanted to speak to the press until this was done, so I would take from that that he's confident this will all be put to bed soon and then we can rest at ease and look forward to what appears to be a very exciting future ahead.

He really does come across as a very genuine chap who loves the game and wants to contribute to it. In many ways a young John Madejski as an entrepreneur, but with the passion for football from the off. I don't think we'll throw money around but I do see us being a middle of the road Premiership team. Someone mentioned recently how boring it must be to be a Villa, playing for 13th every season, but I'd take that for several years while our fan base and stadium grow in front of us. Chuck in a cup semi or even a final or two and who knows where we can go! This is the stuff of dreams!

Brian is at ease about Anton and TSI, so that says a lot me as he was very uneasy about it when the news broke.

I think we have an awful lot to be excited about! I've always been one of these "I wish that was us", and now it is, or it almost is. Fantastic!!

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 19 Apr 2012 19:48

I'm still suspicious.

Keep thinking Spencer Trethewy and Michael Knighton.

And Madejski calmly saying "oh well I could have got more now knowing we are a Premiership Club, but never mind" underscores his desperate need for cash.

Where's Richard Branson when you need him?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 19 Apr 2012 19:50

No way is he a young John Madejski as an entrepreneur, the two career paths are entirely different.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Apr 2012 19:55

grey_squirrel I'm still suspicious.

Keep thinking Spencer Trethewy and Michael Knighton.

And Madejski calmly saying "oh well I could have got more now knowing we are a Premiership Club, but never mind" underscores his desperate need for cash.

Where's Richard Branson when you need him?

Sorry, Madejski saying a deal's a deal, I stick with the original figure shows he's desperate for cash? Surely being desperate for cash would be trying to screw everything he can out of Anton now he's selling a Premier League club.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 20 Apr 2012 08:59

SJM has just announced the TSI deal should be completed next week - FL (RT).

AZ plans expansion to 38k next summer if we stay up.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Apr 2012 09:01

Cobi SJM has just announced the TSI deal should be completed next week - FL (RT).

He's an idiot then, if true.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 20 Apr 2012 09:03

Royal Lady
Cobi SJM has just announced the TSI deal should be completed next week - FL (RT).

He's an idiot then, if true.

Why? We will sell out next season EVERY game. He doesn't want to turn people away! It makes sense!!

I still think it'll be in three stages, so to 30k next summer and then we'll wait another 12/24 months for the North etc.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 20 Apr 2012 09:03

I can't see how they could possibly do the full 38k in one summer anyway.

Do it a section a year.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 20 Apr 2012 09:04

Where is that old thread about stadium expansion when you need it most?

:D

Led to the biggest ebeef in these forums between Woodcote and Schards; so entertaining at the time!!

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 20 Apr 2012 09:05

Mr Angry Where is that old thread about stadium expansion when you need it most?

Led to the biggest ebeef in these forums between Woodcote and Schards; so entertaining at the time!!

Top of Policies.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 20 Apr 2012 09:06

I thought it was 28k, not 38k?!

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 20 Apr 2012 09:06

Friday's Legacy
kirkrich Can't believe no-one has mentioned this again yet!

it has been discussed albeit briefly in the tsi thread on the team board, and some here too - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=56602&start=60

in response to safe standing, which is becoming more likely to return to english football, and has been give the go-ahead in scotland; and is already in place in germany:

Friday's Legacy
Harpers So Solid Crew IMHO it wont happen untill we extend, there seems no need to change it as it currently is, when we extend, we could push executive boxes round the North

not with the agreed plans in place we can't. there wont be a second tier added to the north, east or south, it's just a bolt on design.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 20 Apr 2012 09:07

TBM I thought it was 28k, not 38k?!

38k.

How do you expand three stands to only 28k? :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Apr 2012 09:09

Having now read that Telegraph piece - I am slightly concerned that it appears TSI aren't showing the FL or PL where the money is coming from....

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 20 Apr 2012 09:09

Dare to Dr£am

38k.

1333 seats per stand

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 20 Apr 2012 09:11

Dare to Dr£am
Mr Angry Where is that old thread about stadium expansion when you need it most?

Top of Policies.

Cheers D2D

Great way to waste a Friday morning reading back through that!

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 20 Apr 2012 09:12

Royal Lady Having now read that Telegraph piece - I am slightly concerned that it appears TSI aren't showing the FL or PL where the money is coming from....

My issue is with Samuelson; he seems dogged by so much bad luck, always being associated with companies who appear to be heavily involved in some pretty murky business practices, that he sounds a bit of a Jonah tbh.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 20 Apr 2012 09:36

TBM
Dare to Dr£am

38k.

1333 seats per stand

Ambitious yeah! :lol: All that money on expanding three stands when you would just add that amount to one, you dipstick. :lol: :wink:

5145 posts