Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Buyout

by Royal Rother » 24 Feb 2014 19:48

RoyalBlue
paddy20
Jemba + 1

I would rather we invested in the team when we were in premiership and were an established premiership side. Yes things could be worse but they could also have been a lot better. We missed two golden chances to do that. I doubt we will have those again for quite a while

+1 A fantastic opportunity to strengthen our hold in the PL went begging. The size of that missed opportunity is now being emphasised by the likes of Swansea, Stoke and Southampton.

Stoke? Yeah great. £70m+ in debt and equity conversions now.

Swansea? Well, they've been "fortunate" to have employed a couple of truly excellent managers.

Brendan Rodgers... THAT'S the big mistake Reading made. What a missed opportunity that was.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Feb 2014 20:42

Is that the Swansea who are now starting to struggle and are only 4 points off the zone? And the Saints who have only been there two years?

EstabLOLished.

What's the leader border for PL survival after promotion like? What's the average time before you're relegated if you survive the first two seasons?

Isn't it basically only Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs who haven't been threatened with relegation / relegated since 2000?

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 25 Feb 2014 02:56

Victor Meldrew
In reply to 1871 wrote: I don't know if Victor is reliable on here but that's a big coincidence if not. Also quite a punt from the Star if it's just BS. If we have signed an exclusivity agreement then we can't be far away from hearing something official.

Victor ,in my view, is very reliable and not prone to idle speculation so if he posted that he had heard something then I know that he heard it.

Seconded.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 25 Feb 2014 09:09

Mike Hunt
Victor Meldrew
In reply to 1871 wrote: I don't know if Victor is reliable on here but that's a big coincidence if not. Also quite a punt from the Star if it's just BS. If we have signed an exclusivity agreement then we can't be far away from hearing something official.

Victor ,in my view, is very reliable and not prone to idle speculation so if he posted that he had heard something then I know that he heard it.

Seconded.

An exclusivity agreement usually happens when the price has been agreed and Heads of Terms issued. Next step would be due diligence. That could take a few months however depending on how quick both parties want to finalise. I would reckon deal done by end of season or just before. There will probably be a clause in the agreement should Reading get promoted that would increase the sale price

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 25 Feb 2014 09:39

According to the ever reliable Daily Star as posted above, AZ's share of the club is null and void? Does that mean SJM has pocketed a cool £25m for nothing? Who said he wasn't a shrewd businessman :wink: There are 3 more years of parachute payments to come so the firesale and cloth cutting could be held over for a year or two which would allow time for SJM to sell to the right person. Question is, will it be the right person for RFC or SJM? Interesting times lie ahead.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 25 Feb 2014 10:11

what an utterly crazy clause to agree to

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 25 Feb 2014 10:15

melonhead what an utterly crazy clause to agree to

Why?

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 25 Feb 2014 11:34

Terminal Boardom According to the ever reliable Daily Star as posted above, AZ's share of the club is null and void? Does that mean SJM has pocketed a cool £25m for nothing? Who said he wasn't a shrewd businessman :wink: There are 3 more years of parachute payments to come so the firesale and cloth cutting could be held over for a year or two which would allow time for SJM to sell to the right person. Question is, will it be the right person for RFC or SJM? Interesting times lie ahead.

His share still exists, rather than is null and void.

It's more that by defaulting he (and TSI) no longer have any say in the running and the selling of the club.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 25 Feb 2014 12:29

If that is the case, can anyone explain to me what Anton and TSI have gained from all this?

I've had them down as dirty dodgy bastards, but now I'm questioning why?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 25 Feb 2014 12:42

Ian Royal Is that the Swansea who are now starting to struggle and are only 4 points off the zone? And the Saints who have only been there two years?

EstabLOLished.

What's the leader border for PL survival after promotion like? What's the average time before you're relegated if you survive the first two seasons?

Isn't it basically only Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea & Spurs who haven't been threatened with relegation / relegated since 2000?

Why don't you provide answers rather than questions as if that actually discounts anything being said?

The longer a club is in the premier league, the better it is for them. As always there is a middle ground being ignored - Reading didn't invest enough, perhaps Stoke have invested too much, too unwisely.

The point being made, which is a valid one, is that the opportunity to make a step forward as a club, presented by promotion, hasn't been taken. While more investment doesn't automatically equate to survival, it doesn't automatically equate to bankruptcy either.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 25 Feb 2014 13:06

Scutterbucketz If that is the case, can anyone explain to me what Anton and TSI have gained from all this?

I've had them down as dirty dodgy bastards, but now I'm questioning why?

Very little if anything. More money spent on appeasing Junior Z

Perhaps they were able to do a little laundry too?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 25 Feb 2014 14:05

SPARTA
melonhead what an utterly crazy clause to agree to

Why?

Because it meant it was possible to pay for half of something but Get none of it.mental

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 25 Feb 2014 14:28

MMMMM I heard today that Richard Branson was a guest of JM last weekend at the hotel ..... just saying

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 25 Feb 2014 14:30

Royal Monk MMMMM I heard today that Richard Branson was a guest of JM last weekend at the hotel ..... just saying

If it means we get free flights on Virgin Galactic as part of our season tickets i'm IN.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 25 Feb 2014 16:18

Royal Monk MMMMM I heard today that Richard Branson was a guest of JM last weekend at the hotel ..... just saying

Beardy would be a terrible decision. He bailed out of F1 as soon as he realised he could lose money. A real chancer all his life and so many have fallen for it :(

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 25 Feb 2014 16:43

Ah, the Virgin Super Dome. Stewards replaced by Stewardesses. Films on the big screen during the game. Reclining seats if you need a snooze.

I'm IN!

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 25 Feb 2014 19:36

If they've signed an exclusivity agreement there's no way the identity of the prospective buyers won't leak out at some point. Probably during the due diligence phase.

And if it is an exclusivity agreement there's no real reason I can think of apart from the usual thirst by these people for secrecy that the fans shouldn't know who the prospective buyer is.

I can appreciate the buyer might want to shield their activities in some way from possible rivals, (of which there aren't any in exclusive deal) but too much to expect it won't leak out.

There's no conflict if the club is negotiating with a single buyer. I know football clubs are privately owned etc but if the fans have any part to play at all then maybe they should have some sort of input into whether they think the prospective new owners are suitable.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 25 Feb 2014 19:39

SPARTA

Ah, the Virgin Super Dome. Stewards replaced by Stewardesses. Films on the big screen during the game. Reclining seats if you need a snooze.

I'm IN!

It could take the whole club up a class

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 25 Feb 2014 21:42

Love it if Red Bull bought us

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Feb 2014 21:46