Jason Roberts idiot

370 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Jason Roberts idiot

by sandman » 13 Dec 2011 09:06

rhroyal
No Fixed Abode If a decent player had done this, he could have probably got away with it. But seriously....Jimmy Kebe. :lol: Try and take the piss with your football skills, if you have any....not pull your socks up when your team win your cup final. Or do it if you're romping away with the league. Not when you're a mid table side.

And LOL @ all the Reading fans putting that shit "Do a Keba and pull your socks up" thing as their facebook profile picture.

Do you ever think spending your life on a message board of another club, simply with the aim of winding people up, is a pointless waste of your time on this earth?

Just saying. There could be a better way to use your existence.

He's probably just upset that Kebe is a better WUM than he is. Well done Jimmy you've certainly got NFA rattLOLed.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Dec 2011 09:08

Hoop Blah - for your reference - Claridge said "no ENGLISH player would do that" - he didn't say British.

And, knowing a fair few footballers in my time, and having enquired of a few of them, there is NO unwritten rule that you don't take the piss. Thanks for listening.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 13 Dec 2011 09:22

RFC tweet this morning:

"Just saw Jimmy through the window at Hogwood. He winked."

EPIC.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 13 Dec 2011 09:39

Royal Lady Hoop Blah - for your reference - Claridge said "no ENGLISH player would do that" - he didn't say British.

I was just typing what he meant, not what he said. By English he presumably means those brought up in the English game and not those with English parentage! If you really think that's worth picking up on as an interesting element of the debate then fair play, I'm really not fussed, but I don't think he means that Jack Wilshire won't do it but Arron Ramsey will!

Royal Lady And, knowing a fair few footballers in my time, and having enquired of a few of them, there is NO unwritten rule that you don't take the piss. Thanks for listening.

There's certainly an understanding that if you take the piss you're going to get clattered because it's pushing things too far. I've dished it out and taken it as well and seen it at all levels and some would call that an unwritten rule and some wouldn't.

I can't believe* you've gone out of your way to canvass your array of footballing contacts to get their view though!

* Just to be clear, I can believe it, that's just a turn of phrase to display how daft I think it is going to that length to try and prove your point.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 13 Dec 2011 09:46

Hoop Blah I'm amazed at this tread!

It's not some stunning inside knowledge that Dirks trying to sound clever by revealing, it's part of the game that players know the kind of thing that's unprofessional and outside of 'the code' and so will earn you a kicking if you take the piss. What's poor form and what's not probably does vary from county to country and culture to culture (spitting and diving being examples that I think still have different levels of acceptability in different parts of the world).

I've no doubt Kebe was taking the piss either.

As for people saying it's no different from a few stepovers, a stepover is a different kettle of fish because it's something you do to create space or beat a man, it's not a blatent piss take.

when you do 15 step overs it is.
and certainly no worse than the 10 passes between two players stodd three yards from each other that happened a few minutes later

kebe clearly asked not to be given the ball a second earlier so i have no problem accepting thats what happened if thats what they say- i also have no problem acceopting it if it was a piss take, clearly the funniest most entertaining thing ive seen this season, if so.
had me on my feet, laughing my tits off and applauding before collison even went off his nut.

frankly i think kebe was as shocked as anyone to be given that much time and space, and then collison was enraged as much with his own team and himself for allowing it.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 13 Dec 2011 09:49

No Fixed Abode If a decent player had done this, he could have probably got away with it. But seriously....Jimmy Kebe. :lol: Try and take the piss with your football skills, if you have any....not pull your socks up when your team win your cup final. Or do it if you're romping away with the league. Not when you're a mid table side.

he did, for the whole game kesmondo

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 13 Dec 2011 09:50

SWLR
Hoop Blah
Royal Lady Bugger!! I'm such a klutz - I forgot he got sent off! :oops: Point still stands though - that was ages ago and it was going on then AND they're both English. :oops:

Thats gaining an advantage and not taking the piss though. There's a pretty clear difference.

I've not seen what Claridge said, but I'm sure he meant its more likely for a foreign player to do something like that, not that there is no way a British player would do it.

Like Lita (English) on Lehmann (German).

in terms of hilarious pisstake
lita on lehmann>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sockg8

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 13 Dec 2011 09:59

melonhead
Hoop Blah I'm amazed at this tread!

It's not some stunning inside knowledge that Dirks trying to sound clever by revealing, it's part of the game that players know the kind of thing that's unprofessional and outside of 'the code' and so will earn you a kicking if you take the piss. What's poor form and what's not probably does vary from county to country and culture to culture (spitting and diving being examples that I think still have different levels of acceptability in different parts of the world).

I've no doubt Kebe was taking the piss either.

As for people saying it's no different from a few stepovers, a stepover is a different kettle of fish because it's something you do to create space or beat a man, it's not a blatent piss take.

when you do 15 step overs it is.
and certainly no worse than the 10 passes between two players stodd three yards from each other that happened a few minutes later

The little interchange between Legeirtwood and Cummings was a similar piss take, agreed. I'm sure that was most likely a reaction to the Collison challenge and the West Ham players reaction to Kebe on the floor (not seen any comment on the two or three that went over to remonstrate with him).

As for the stepovers, someone like Ronaldo or Denilson (the stepover king) doing multiple stepovers isn't taking the piss, it's all part of their way of trying to unsettle and unbalance a defender in order to beat him. That doesn't matter if it's 1, 2 or 10 stepovers. If they did it in the middle of 20 yards of space then yeah, I'd agree, but I've never seen a player do a load of stepovers with nobody around him.

melonhead kebe clearly asked not to be given the ball a second earlier so i have no problem accepting thats what happened if thats what they say- i also have no problem acceopting it if it was a piss take, clearly the funniest most entertaining thing ive seen this season, if so.
had me on my feet, laughing my tits off and applauding before collison even went off his nut.

frankly i think kebe was as shocked as anyone to be given that much time and space, and then collison was enraged as much with his own team and himself for allowing it.

Happy for others to feel otherwise but I just don't buy it. His socks and pads were fine, there was no real need to fiddle with them unless he's taking the piss. Players play on without their boot if they need to, he was just playing around and taking the piss(IMO).

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 13 Dec 2011 11:09

Hoop Blah the West Ham players reaction to Kebe on the floor (not seen any comment on the two or three that went over to remonstrate with him)

Well, it was the first time I noticed Noble or Nolan were playing, so they've got that going for them

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 13 Dec 2011 11:39

Jesus christ is this thread still going?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Dec 2011 11:52

Well you've just posted on it so yes. Although why you're asking Jesus I don't know.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Dec 2011 12:34

Hoop Blah
Royal Lady Hoop Blah - for your reference - Claridge said "no ENGLISH player would do that" - he didn't say British.

I was just typing what he meant, not what he said. By English he presumably means those brought up in the English game and not those with English parentage! If you really think that's worth picking up on as an interesting element of the debate then fair play, I'm really not fussed, but I don't think he means that Jack Wilshire won't do it but Arron Ramsey will!

Royal Lady And, knowing a fair few footballers in my time, and having enquired of a few of them, there is NO unwritten rule that you don't take the piss. Thanks for listening.

There's certainly an understanding that if you take the piss you're going to get clattered because it's pushing things too far. I've dished it out and taken it as well and seen it at all levels and some would call that an unwritten rule and some wouldn't.

I can't believe* you've gone out of your way to canvass your array of footballing contacts to get their view though!

* Just to be clear, I can believe it, that's just a turn of phrase to display how daft I think it is going to that length to try and prove your point.

Who said I went out of my way. I do actually talk to some in my private life you know. :|

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 13 Dec 2011 16:10

Happy for others to feel otherwise but I just don't buy it. His socks and pads were fine, there was no real need to fiddle with them unless he's taking the piss. Players play on without their boot if they need to, he was just playing around and taking the piss(IMO).

im happy to accept it was a hilarious piss take

but that does kind of ignore the evidence on the championship i player highlights where kebe clearly gestures to cummings right before the pass to say dont pass it to me and moves to walk off the pitch, cummings passes anyway, kebe changes direction, then does what he was going to go off the pitch to do

watch the vid.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Dec 2011 17:00

Hoop Blah

I was just typing what he meant, not what he said.

Think you're on dodgy ground when you're interpreting what someone meant from what they said with such authority Hoop. Especially when you were so categorical in the previous post.

I'm inclined to it being a lazy off the cuff comment from someone who has to fill air and talk from the top of his head, rather than racist and think you're probably right. But you can't say what he meant for sureany more than RL or someone else can say he meant it in a racist way.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 13 Dec 2011 17:46

So categorical in the previous post?

You mean this one?

Hoop Blah Do I think Caldidge believes NO British player would take the piss out of his fellow pros? No, of course not because he'll have seen it with his own eyes many times. Most of those probably would've been followed by a bit of retribution from those on the other end of the piss take.

The British for English isn't really a point I've made any comment on but do you seriously think Claridge is making a distinction between them? No, you don't because what I've said is pretty much spot on. Why RL has decided to pick up on the distinction is beyond me as it really has no bearing on the discussion. Why you've followed that through with a really odd further analysis just baffles me further.

I like a bit of a pointless discussion on here, but seriously, some of you need to get a grip!

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 14 Dec 2011 10:14

Hoop Blah I don't need evidence to have a strong opinion.

F///ing catholics.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 14 Dec 2011 22:08

melonhead
SWLR Like Lita (English) on Lehmann (German).

Is there a video of this Lita thing? I'd like to see it again.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 14 Dec 2011 22:50

melonhead kebe clearly asked not to be given the ball a second earlier so i have no problem accepting thats what happened if thats what they say

Sorry to go back to this again but.....

I've just watched the TV coverage for the first time and there's no way that Kebe was asking not to receive the ball, it's much more like he's telling Cummings that he's got time and to be calm as the ball comes out to him. Furthermore, just a few seconds before this so called 'don't give me the ball' gesture he was calling for the ball with both arms out as McAnuff moved into the box.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 14 Dec 2011 23:11

SpaceCruiser
melonhead
SWLR Like Lita (English) on Lehmann (German).

Is there a video of this Lita thing? I'd like to see it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E1tNSBdu_g

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 15 Dec 2011 03:26

Royal Rother I don't like Claridge but writing into the BBC to compalin.... honestly, some of you guys need to get a friggin' life.

Complaining about stuff...

hmmmm

370 posts