SIGNED - Stephen Kelly

308 posts
Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

Re: SIGNED - Stephen Kelly

by Royal91 » 19 Jan 2013 00:41

Can't be any worse than Gunter so its a step the right direction!

RoyalX

by RoyalX » 19 Jan 2013 02:25

Forgot to post the text I received from my Fulham supporting mate with regards to this (which I've since deleted) but it was along the lines of:

Solid & dependable, if a little unspectacular. Binned by Jol due to a perceived lack of attacking threat.

Trust his footy opinion more than mine most of the time tbh, so sounds like good business to me. Seems similar to when we brought Griff in.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 19 Jan 2013 09:15

RoyalX Forgot to post the text I received from my Fulham supporting mate with regards to this (which I've since deleted) but it was along the lines of:

Solid & dependable, if a little unspectacular. Binned by Jol due to a perceived lack of attacking threat.

Trust his footy opinion more than mine most of the time tbh, so sounds like good business to me. Seems similar to when we brought Griff in.

If it allows for Kebe/McCleary to not think about defending as much as play a somewhat 'free role' then I'm all for it.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 19 Jan 2013 19:05

A couple of wayward passes in the first half, but he really grew in to the game and did a job on Gutierez. He seemed confident with the ball and showed some really neat touches. Assured and knew exactly what he was doing and where his man was. Im not one to slate any of our squad, all I shall say is that we looked much more comfortable in defence with him coming in at RB.

Cracking debut in a game which has seen us take our first ever points away from Newcastle.

Welcome Stephen!

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 19 Jan 2013 19:40

royalp-we A couple of wayward passes in the first half, but he really grew in to the game and did a job on Gutierez. He seemed confident with the ball and showed some really neat touches. Assured and knew exactly what he was doing and where his man was. Im not one to slate any of our squad, all I shall say is that we looked much more comfortable in defence with him coming in at RB.

Cracking debut in a game which has seen us take our first ever points away from Newcastle.

Welcome Stephen!

Yep, just what we need. 10 times more assured than Gunter and my MOTM. Loved the way he took out Gutierrez!

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 19 Jan 2013 20:00

I really hope we sell Gunter, cant stand a footballer who shows nerves like he does.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 19 Jan 2013 20:56

2.8 lita injection I really hope we sell Gunter, cant stand a footballer who shows nerves like he does.

Reminds me a bit of Church in that way.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 19 Jan 2013 21:24

2.8 lita injection I really hope we sell Gunter, cant stand a footballer who shows nerves like he does.

He's young and has potential. Look how far Cummings came on from when he was binned and free to leave. Players like Kelly can help him learn.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 19 Jan 2013 21:25

Archie's penalty

Reminds me a bit of Church in that way.

Must be something about being welsh then.

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 19 Jan 2013 21:32

maffff

He's young and has potential. Look how far Cummings came on from when he was binned and free to leave. Players like Kelly can help him learn.

Rubbish, he has been around for a long time. He has shown ridiculous nerves. For me we would be better off cashing in.

Cummings cost very little and was raw and we have seen his progress.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 19 Jan 2013 23:49

Very happy with how Kelly performed today. He showed to be a very good defensive RB (which is first and foremost what is needed). I'd rather Gunter if we're chasing a game in the last 10 minutes. Where does this leave Cummings? Champ loan would do him a lot of good.

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 19 Jan 2013 23:55

Royal Ginger Very happy with how Kelly performed today. He showed to be a very good defensive RB (which is first and foremost what is needed). I'd rather Gunter if we're chasing a game in the last 10 minutes. Where does this leave Cummings? Champ loan would do him a lot of good.

I'd rather Gunter end of, Kelleys ok on a day like to today where we do get the rub of the green but the same ammount of balls still came in to the box and does not get up and down like Gunter

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 19 Jan 2013 23:57

You're either related to Gunter or you have a massive hard-on for him, no other explanation for why you want him in the team so much.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 19 Jan 2013 23:58

joeroyal
Royal Ginger Very happy with how Kelly performed today. He showed to be a very good defensive RB (which is first and foremost what is needed). I'd rather Gunter if we're chasing a game in the last 10 minutes. Where does this leave Cummings? Champ loan would do him a lot of good.

I'd rather Gunter end of, Kelleys ok on a day like to today where we do get the rub of the green but the same ammount of balls still came in to the box and does not get up and down like Gunter

Not sure I agree, but an interesting point. Chelsea should give us a better idea.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 20 Jan 2013 00:00

Check out joeroyal's previous posts, he gets very touchy if anyone suggests Gunter shouldn't be in the team.

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 20 Jan 2013 00:06

southbank1871 Check out joeroyal's previous posts, he gets very touchy if anyone suggests Gunter shouldn't be in the team.

dont give a Oxford if he is in the team or not but make out your mother loves kelley

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular

by southbank1871 » 20 Jan 2013 00:09

:lol:

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 20 Jan 2013 00:09

joeroyal
southbank1871 Check out joeroyal's previous posts, he gets very touchy if anyone suggests Gunter shouldn't be in the team.

dont give a Oxford if he is in the team or not but make out your mother loves kelley

Was that a broken "yo mamma" insult?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 20 Jan 2013 00:09

joeroyal

El moron.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 20 Jan 2013 00:15

Seeing as in the last few games before this one (Swansea, Spurs and West Brom 'til we went 2-0 down) Kebe has basically been playing as a right back, I'd say Kelly did his job very well.

Jimmy popped up in the box to head down for Pog/Akpan a fair few times, and he made runs in behind Santon all day. That's what having a confident, competent right-back allows you to do - get him forward rather than provide extra cover in defence.

308 posts