MCDERMOTT SACKED

714 posts
trueroyal1871

Re: MCDERMOTT SACKED

by trueroyal1871 » 11 Mar 2013 19:14

Tamworth_Royal
2 world wars, 1 world cup ****ING GUTTED

What incentive does this give ANY manager to take us up??

I never thought I'd say this, but I wish Madejski was top dog again.

:cry:

You idiot, the reason why we are in this position is because Madejski is hanging about like a bad smell.

Hammond Howe Madejski all need to follow McD out.

The Reading way doesn't work :roll:

Totally agree

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 11 Mar 2013 19:14

Thanks for your efforts Brian but you were your own downfall signing naff players with no quality just to fit in with the spirit of the dressing room.

How much influence did Hammond have on the signings ?, quite a lot I think you will find in which case he has to go too.

Caskeys Lovechild

by Caskeys Lovechild » 11 Mar 2013 19:14

Tamworth_Royal

You idiot, the reason why we are in this position is because Madejski is hanging about like a bad smell.

You are a moron.

The Reading way doesn't work? So you can name another team who have outdone is in terms of promotion to the premier league in the last 8 years can you?

oxf*rd moronic oxf*rd

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 Mar 2013 19:15

Hoop Blah

Why wouldn't they be motivated to take us up?

You'd expect them to think they'll do a better job with less costly mistakes than McDermott has this season and to achieve significantly better results.

If they're deluded as hell, yeah.

It's not exactly rocket science!!

To take a team up unexpectedly relying purely on team spirit and squeezing the best out of players is stupidity, if you're then expected to continue that in the prem and you'll get sacked if you don't succeed. Far far safer for a new managr to demand we spend big on prima donnas in the champ to go up comfortably so he doesn't face that risk. What a stupid stupid fool McDermott was for being so successful. A manager from now on will have to be a f**king moron to dare trying that again. Well done Anton, you've just killed the Reading way :evil:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Mar 2013 19:15

Mags, I was replying to seahawks point really, but it is quite a contrast from just a few weeks ago!

I guess that clearly shows how patient the club was pre-Christmas as even with such a fine run of results (not performances I might add) we are still pretty much nailed on certainties of relegation after two awful results just a few weeks later.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 11 Mar 2013 19:15

And yet, weren't we told that TSI were going to continue with the prudence and the Reading Way? Certainly seem to have been doing up to today. :|

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 11 Mar 2013 19:15

Caskeys Lovechild
Tamworth_Royal

You are a moron.

The Reading way doesn't work? So you can name another team who have outdone is in terms of promotion to the premier league in the last 8 years can you?

oxf*rd moronic oxf*rd

We're also about to be relegated for the second time in 3 prem seasons.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 11 Mar 2013 19:16

Hoop Blah Mags, I was replying to seahawks point really, but it is quite a contrast from just a few weeks ago!

Agreed :-)

Huttsey

by Huttsey » 11 Mar 2013 19:16

Hi everyone.

Chelsea fan here, but not a bastard here to insult you all. :D I live locally, so I have an admiration for the club. Now before you all ask, "why don't your support your local club?", my dad's a Chelsea fan, my dad's dad was a Chelsea fan, my whole family are Chelsea fans. You don't get a choice!

Anyway, back to the matter in hand. I'm surprised that Mr. McDermott has been sacked. I thought he was doing a good job and seemed like a decent bloke. I would put your performances down to the quality of the squad, not the manager (to be brutally honest).

I see that Di Matteo has been mooted to take over. I would love to have him back at Chelsea to be honest, he'll get you playing entertaining football but you'll also concede goals like a sieve. I'm not sure who else could take over, Di Canio seems too much like a loose cannon to me.

Anyway, best of luck. I hope that this is not a sign of your Russian owner being as trigger happy as ours.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 11 Mar 2013 19:16

Man Friday We're gonna become a Little Chelsea - run by a heartless Russian but in our case with no money. I said 3 months ago that if the club sacked McD I wouldn't be going to any more matches this season. Unfortunately I've already bought my tickets for the Southampton game but shall now try to sell them. In short, in one fell swoop we've become just like every other crappy little club. Classless. I'd have been happy for McD to have been given the first three months of next season in the Championship. 40 years of supporting Reading and this is the worst sacking this club has made, in fact possibly the only "undeserved" one.

I just hope some of our retards don't start doing a Chelsea and start demonstrating at games.
That really is classless.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 11 Mar 2013 19:17

Shocked. didn't think that AZ would do this - figuring if he was sacked, they'd part ways at the end of the season. McD does know a thing or two about getting the best in a squad in the c'ship which is unfortunate for us since I cannot see any way we stay-up at this point.

All that said, I've been pretty annoyed at how recently-promoted teams have done reasonably well while our "Reading Way" hasn't had similar levels of return. More quality needed.

Good luck Brian - I'm sure your phone will be ringing soon.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 11 Mar 2013 19:18

Huttsey Hi everyone.

Chelsea fan here... I live locally

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 Mar 2013 19:18

Caskeys Lovechild
Tamworth_Royal

You are a moron.

oxf*rd moronic oxf*rd

@ Tamworth Royal.

Where we're you when I was attacking Madejski for years on HNA, yet even I can see that losing the Reading way is a real worry. I'd like to breve you but I worry for RFC now.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 11 Mar 2013 19:19

Maguire
Hoop Blah Mags, I was replying to seahawks point really, but it is quite a contrast from just a few weeks ago!

Agreed :-)

You are right HB, MOTM is really not a great indicator. And it is a stark contrast. I just have a sick feeling in my stomach after this news. I do not think firing the manager at this point in the season will do any good. I also don't think he deserved it.

Caskeys Lovechild

by Caskeys Lovechild » 11 Mar 2013 19:19

winchester_royal
Caskeys Lovechild
Tamworth_Royal You idiot, the reason why we are in this position is because Madejski is hanging about like a bad smell.

You are a moron.

oxf*rd moronic oxf*rd

We're also about to be relegated for the second time in 3 prem seasons.

You have to be there in the first place to get relegated you brainless prick ... How many other clubs have achieved this?? That's right... None.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 11 Mar 2013 19:21

winchester_royal
Man Friday We're gonna become a Little Chelsea - run by a heartless Russian but in our case with no money. I said 3 months ago that if the club sacked McD I wouldn't be going to any more matches this season. Unfortunately I've already bought my tickets for the Southampton game but shall now try to sell them. In short, in one fell swoop we've become just like every other crappy little club. Classless. I'd have been happy for McD to have been given the first three months of next season in the Championship. 40 years of supporting Reading and this is the worst sacking this club has made, in fact possibly the only "undeserved" one.

The 'Reading Way' doesn't work.

Zingarevich didn't buy the club to have it bounce around the leagues.

Where's his investment?

regis-royal

by regis-royal » 11 Mar 2013 19:22

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x :x :x :cry: :cry: :cry: :!:

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 11 Mar 2013 19:23

Caskeys Lovechild
Tamworth_Royal

You are a moron.

oxf*rd moronic oxf*rd

Works brilliant in the Premier league Newbie :roll:

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 11 Mar 2013 19:24

Libertine
rob the royal
Libertine This was the wrong time, the wrong place, and most importantly, the wrong way to do things. Completely classless. At least give him until the end of the season at this point. I can see this team imploding after this fiasco and spending next season trying to avoid the drop...in the Championship.

As for this being the wrong time? It's absolutely the right time. If we can manage to stay up it will be a miracle whoever the manager is, so why not get someone in now and give them time to assess the squad before the summer, get rid of dead wood and build a new team based on what is actually quite a promising young squad.

Fine, we'll agree to disagree then. I look at the latest example of how that worked out...the 2011/2012 edition of the Wolves. And as far as being able to assess the squad, that is what video tapes (or CD's) are for.

That's why it's important to get the right guy now, hopefully whilst we may have a new manager we still have mainly the same people helping him make decisions - and we really haven't done too badly iwth managerial appointments in recent history. Brendan being the exception and even he did alright for himself in the end.

But yeah, at the back of my mind of course I'm worried about becoming the next Wolves.

Regarding video tapes - sometimes you would think Brian doesn't watch them!

I hope you're not right about this as I don't want us to end up like Wolves, but obviously until we know who is taking over we can't draw many conclusions. But as I said elsewhere I think this could be the right move.

They gave him a chance to carry on managing when they took over, they gave him a chance to prove himself in the Premier League, they gave him a chance to save his job in January, it's not like they just cast him aside at the first signs of trouble. If they're losing faith then now is the time to do it, why wait until the summer. That's my take on it anyway.

John Peel

by John Peel » 11 Mar 2013 19:24

You did as well as you could do at polishing a turd Brian. Ah well. We move on, as you say.

714 posts