Jason Roberts nearly back

732 posts
Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Jason Roberts nearly back

by Avon Royal » 20 Oct 2013 00:19

Bored of all of this to be honest.

Jason Roberts can say whatever he likes, he won't ever play for Reading again so can't really see what it has to do with any of us.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Oct 2013 00:22

we/you are still paying his wages

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 20 Oct 2013 00:34

AthleticoSpizz OK

So why has the "monkey" not put his balls on the line?

This aint the 1960's ffs

Pathetic pc posturing

Got anything to say, got a complaint...come out and just say it (it works both ways)

It depends a lot on whether any player was genuinely upset by it, or if this is just a case of one of 'Arry's mates on the papers stirring things up, just in time for his friend to come to the rescue and manage England in the world cup.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Oct 2013 00:37

yes

of course

next

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 20 Oct 2013 02:54

leon
whilst I'm not platypus's biggest fan (although tbf we share a love of Big Black) we have the combined vindictiveness of royal blue and the other one questioning his moderator ability.

For good reason, personally I'd have deleted both your accounts months ago. You are both utter cunts of the highest standing

Whereas, just the one obscenity in this post would have seen your account terminated on many forums and given a "badge of honour" from a moderator by very few.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 20 Oct 2013 10:15

tmesis
AthleticoSpizz OK

So why has the "monkey" not put his balls on the line?

This aint the 1960's ffs

Pathetic pc posturing

Got anything to say, got a complaint...come out and just say it (it works both ways)

It depends a lot on whether any player was genuinely upset by it, or if this is just a case of one of 'Arry's mates on the papers stirring things up, just in time for his friend to come to the rescue and manage England in the world cup.

But the papers and the BBC have been 100% on Roy's side. The only story I have read or heard is that that Roy Hodgson has been the victim of a vicious smear. Most of what has appeared on this website has just been tiresome paranoia.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Oct 2013 10:28

Platypuss Have to agree with RR - the boy who cried wolf got eaten in the end.

Well thats the last time I get your back.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 20 Oct 2013 10:33

Whereas Roberts and Hibbert have been pronoia personified.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Oct 2013 10:34

Woodcote Royal
leon
whilst I'm not platypus's biggest fan (although tbf we share a love of Big Black) we have the combined vindictiveness of royal blue and the other one questioning his moderator ability.

For good reason, personally I'd have deleted both your accounts months ago. You are both utter cunts of the highest standing

Whereas, just the one obscenity in this post would have seen your account terminated on many forums and given a "badge of honour" from a moderator by very few.

Oh well. I guess in that case we're all just stuck with each other

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 20 Oct 2013 12:59

I've worked for the Government in several jobs. Ethnic minorities/disabled people have been given jobs over more capable British folk to get their diversity quota up. I wonder what Jason Roberts thinks of that?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Oct 2013 13:07

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Oct 2013 13:13

Royal Rother In jumping on this particular story Roberts has actually done his cause no good at all. In fact he and Peter Hibbert, despite the publicity gained, have actually harmed it because their future utterances when racism has actually occurred will be listened to with reduced respect.

Absolutely spot on, very well said.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 20 Oct 2013 14:16

+2

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Oct 2013 14:30

maybe, maybe not - but racism is back at the top of the football agenda, when previously it was mutual back slapping about how great we were in this country and how bad everywhere else was. So you could say mission accomplished.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 20 Oct 2013 14:41

Any publicity is good publicity eh Leon

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Oct 2013 14:47

ZacNaloen Any publicity is good publicity eh Leon

I'm not sure that having a romantic tryst with a farm animal splashed all over the newspapers would bear this out

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 20 Oct 2013 14:57

Short term Jason Roberts may have got the conversation going, but long term anti-racism campaigners will kicking themselves because every time he plays word association with phrases that in the non-racist world he wants (and I have no doubts Roy Hodgson was not thinking any racist thoughts when he told the story, mostly because it makes zero sense for it to be) would just be a phrase, he pisses people off. Sometimes, a Monkey is just a Monkey and A Banana is just a word that sort of rhymes with Hannah (Nicole Scherzinger on X-Factor last night)

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Oct 2013 15:06

ZacNaloen Short term Jason Roberts may have got the conversation going, but long term anti-racism campaigners will kicking themselves because every time he plays word association with phrases that in the non-racist world he wants (and I have no doubts Roy Hodgson was not thinking any racist thoughts when he told the story, mostly because it makes zero sense for it to be) would just be a phrase, he pisses people off. Sometimes in a story, a Monkey is just a Monkey and A Banana is just a word that sort of rhymes with Hannah (Nicole Scherzinger on X-Factor last night)

And neither does Jason:

"I accept that Hodgson did not mean to offend by it."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2iGnXz7o4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Last edited by sandman on 20 Oct 2013 15:16, edited 1 time in total.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 20 Oct 2013 15:09

Roy Hodgson's use of a ‘joke’ about astronauts and apes was the act of someone who did not see that using the word ‘monkey’ in a multi-cultural dressing room might be a problem in 2013.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2iGpMODwA
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Monkeys aren't Apes.

FFS

What Jason never ever considered is that in the post-racial world, which he wants the FA to be, telling that story would not, should not and could not be an issue. It's only by not playing word association with every word and phrase that he will get to that point.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Oct 2013 16:01

ZacNaloen Short term Jason Roberts may have got the conversation going, but long term anti-racism campaigners will kicking themselves because every time he plays word association with phrases that in the non-racist world he wants (and I have no doubts Roy Hodgson was not thinking any racist thoughts when he told the story, mostly because it makes zero sense for it to be) would just be a phrase, he pisses people off. Sometimes, a Monkey is just a Monkey and A Banana is just a word that sort of rhymes with Hannah (Nicole Scherzinger on X-Factor last night)

tbf I wasn't talking specifically about Monkeyg8.

732 posts