The Adkins Sack/Resignation Countdown Thread

361 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The Adkins Sack/Resignation Countdown Thread

by sandman » 27 Dec 2013 16:37

Same one who had his best players sold from under him and was let down by a new owner who actually had next to no money?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 27 Dec 2013 16:38

howser
I hear that the guy they have a Leeds is good at getting the most out of relatively weak squad . . . . .[/quote]
Totally. And he's a nice bloke. And he doesn't use sunbeds.[/quote]

Is that the same bloke who got Akpan, Blackman and devoloped one of the worst side in Premiership history ???[/quote]

Yep, the very same.

Don't forget he got the best out of the Pog and Guthrie

JIM

by JIM » 27 Dec 2013 16:46

THIS IS NOT CARDIFF CITY resign or be sacked,sacked today

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Dec 2013 16:46

You're now seeing how when Guthrie is indulged and allowed to do whatever he wants he slows down our play and has an adverse effect. He needs some management but he's too bratty to accept any.

LOL at anyone who thinks Pog is playing well because of Adkins. His biggest ally has done a runner so the only way out is to play better and get a move.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 27 Dec 2013 17:00

sandman You're now seeing how when Guthrie is indulged and allowed to do whatever he wants he slows down our play and has an adverse effect. He needs some management but he's too bratty to accept any.

LOL at anyone who thinks Pog is playing well because of Adkins. His biggest ally has done a runner so the only way out is to play better and get a move.

I totally agree. Everyone raves on about Guthrie, but he only looks good when he's doing what HE wants. Playing Hollywood passes around when a simple pass might be on etc. I like the look of Williams though.
I'd still like to see Le Fondre get more game time, he is our top scorer and he's only had about 5 minutes all season!

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 27 Dec 2013 21:14

Woodcote has been raped here :lol:

It does seem to me though that any manager coming in that shows a bit of confidence is seen as smug by our nerd brigade of fans.

Probably reminds them of the cool kids at school that wouldn't give them the time of day.

We won't always be able to promote from within and always end up with a Mr Reading, it's just not possible.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 27 Dec 2013 21:23

Woodcote Royal
Cureton's Volley Above all else we need the cash from bums on seats. Investment is more likely if the books look good.

Why the obsession with money :|

We have one of the best, if not the best ever, squads in our history. What we are lacking is a manager who is capable of getting the best out of it............................Adkins has done ABSOLUTELY F*CK ALL since the day he arrived to suggest that he is the man for the job.

Unless, by some miracle, Bodgekins starts to show signs of being fit to lace his predecessors boots, my seat will remain empty until the day he's gone.

This is my club, they are welcome to my £400 a year but I'm fcuked if I'm going to watch the turgid cr@p this vastly over rated physio deems a superior form of the game.

Bodgekins :roll:

Seat empty, right result.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 28 Dec 2013 01:05

Woodcote Royal
Cureton's Volley Above all else we need the cash from bums on seats. Investment is more likely if the books look good.

Why the obsession with money :|

We have one of the best, if not the best ever, squads in our history. What we are lacking is a manager who is capable of getting the best out of it............................Adkins has done ABSOLUTELY F*CK ALL since the day he arrived to suggest that he is the man for the job.

Unless, by some miracle, Bodgekins starts to show signs of being fit to lace his predecessors boots, my seat will remain empty until the day he's gone.

This is my club, they are welcome to my £400 a year but I'm fcuked if I'm going to watch the turgid cr@p this vastly over rated physio deems a superior form of the game.

Your posts are made of absolute fail.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 28 Dec 2013 03:22

If this is a fair reflection of the standard of your previous 7000+ contributions, I would get the fcuk out of that glass house before throwing any more stones and take that Grade A twat Lacoste with you :P

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 28 Dec 2013 10:38

marcusopp
sandman You're now seeing how when Guthrie is indulged and allowed to do whatever he wants he slows down our play and has an adverse effect. He needs some management but he's too bratty to accept any.

I totally agree. Everyone raves on about Guthrie, but he only looks good when he's doing what HE wants. Playing Hollywood passes around when a simple pass might be on etc. I like the look of Williams though.
I'd still like to see Le Fondre get more game time, he is our top scorer and he's only had about 5 minutes all season!

He has actually played for hours, but I know why you might think that.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 28 Dec 2013 11:52

Lacoste Woodcote has been raped here :lol:

It does seem to me though that any manager coming in that shows a bit of confidence is seen as smug by our nerd brigade of fans.

Probably reminds them of the cool kids at school that wouldn't give them the time of day.

We won't always be able to promote from within and always end up with a Mr Reading, it's just not possible.

+1

yfbeater

by yfbeater » 28 Dec 2013 11:55

Adkins Out!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 28 Dec 2013 11:58

yfbeater Adkins Out!

Great username ruined by an awful post!

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 28 Dec 2013 12:43

3 defeats in the last 4 and an abysmally low number of shots on goal - if you mugs want Adkins, you're welcome to him.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Dec 2013 12:54

sandman I suspect we would get someone more than decent from another club.

When you try to replace a manager you don't have to just go after those without a job. Hopefully a new owner will come in and want his own man, hopefully a man who is the opposite of big mouth Adkins and fits the Reading way.

The Reading way being to get us promoted to the PL and then get us relegated by remaining too loyal to the players who got us there and/or failing to recognise that you need to play a different style of football to stand a decent chance of survival?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 28 Dec 2013 14:07

sandman I suspect we would get someone more than decent from another club.

When you try to replace a manager you don't have to just go after those without a job. Hopefully a new owner will come in and want his own man, hopefully a man who is the opposite of big mouth Adkins and fits the Reading way.

The Reading Way.. The Reading Way will never see us stay in the Premier League. If we were managerless right now, we'd want a manager who had a proven record at getting clubs promoted, wouldn't we? Just because you dislike Adkins' confidence, don't let that mask the fact we have a very good manager here who if given time and the money he was promised, will take this club up eventually.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 28 Dec 2013 18:58

SPARTA we have a very good manager here who if given time and the money he was promised, will take this club up eventually.

We had an even better manager here previously who managed it just fine without the promises 8)

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 28 Dec 2013 19:10

Cureton's Volley
SPARTA we have a very good manager here who if given time and the money he was promised, will take this club up eventually.

We had an even better manager here previously who managed it just fine without the promises 8)

And he got the boot. Rightly or wrongly he got the boot. None of us can do a thing about it whether we want to or not!!

What part of that don't people get yet?

Can't everyone just stop going on & on about the same old sh1t?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Dec 2013 19:13

Cureton's Volley

I think if you compare the records of the respective managers you will find that your statement is factually incorrect.

And then, cast your mind back to February/March last year when the 'better manager' and his team threw away our PL status with some appalling and gutless performances (guts previously being the hallmark of said manager's teams) against their relegation rivals.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 28 Dec 2013 19:33

RoyalBlue
Cureton's Volley

I think if you compare the records of the respective managers you will find that your statement is factually incorrect.

And then, cast your mind back to February/March last year when the 'better manager' and his team threw away our PL status with some appalling and gutless performances (guts previously being the hallmark of said manager's teams) against their relegation rivals.

Dress it up how you want. Brian got promotion to the Prem in his first league management post, with no promise of money required. He did it beating Adkins into 2nd place.

We played shit in the Prem true, but Brian lasted longer than Nigel did to be fair...

I say judge Nigel on the job he does with Reading, not his past with other clubs. Currently he is embarrassingly behind the targets he set out himself pre-season. Infact, I fail to see how he is on track to achieve one.

^ Feel free to suggest otherwise

361 posts