#AskJason

382 posts
Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

Re: #AskJason

by Ouroboros » 08 Nov 2013 09:46

Didn't your parents tell you that every month is white history month?

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 08 Nov 2013 09:52

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 08 Nov 2013 09:52

A couple of further points.
There may be 30% of black players in the Premier League but how many are English and likely to stay on in England to coach or manage?
Looking at a Chelsea side containing say Ramires, Willian and Dembe Ba (just under 30%) it is most unlikely that they would be looking to coach or manage in England so Roberts' 30% is more likely nearer 5%.

Also we were talking here just now about how many English managers there are in the Premier League.
I believe it is 2.
I would have more time for Roberts if he widened the debate to question why so few English managers and coaches don't get jobs rather than solely focusing on black people.
I really do feel that Roberts will never be happy until black power is achieved and because of that is probably more of a racist than those he verbally attacks.

ns1981

by ns1981 » 08 Nov 2013 10:11

Maguire Why isn't there a white history month?

... and the MOWO ( music of white origin ) Awards...?!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 Nov 2013 10:12

BR2 I really do feel that Roberts will never be happy until black power is achieved and because of that is probably more of a racist than those he verbally attacks.

:pear

Will this thread ever lose it's momentum?

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 08 Nov 2013 10:13

I wrote out at least three responses to that which I didn't end up submitting, :pear is definitely the most succint and suitable response.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 Nov 2013 10:17

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 08 Nov 2013 10:32

In on page 15 for car crash rubbernecking

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 08 Nov 2013 10:34

BLACK POWER!

You know what it is.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Nov 2013 10:34

BR2 I really do feel that Roberts will never be happy until black power is achieved and because of that is probably more of a racist than those he verbally attacks.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 08 Nov 2013 10:36

Joylessly sober responses might look like:

Ian Royal:
Not sure where JR has “ignored the debate” and him “making very stupid and inaccurate claims of racism” is your opinion, not fact. It is HIS opinion that calling a black person a “monkey” is poor judgement. I think that it would rarely cause offence in innocent contexts but can see how someone might feel otherwise and don’t necessarily see him highlighting this as stupid. We just disagree and I think he’s being over-sensitive.

Ns1981:
If you did not like being called a Brit, I would refrain from calling you it, even if you were showing a complete lack of intellect to compare it to “paki”.

The Royal we:
Sometimes monkey IS a monkey, agreed. Nobody is saying you can’t refer to a monkey using the term. Just that maybe it’s thoughtless to use it in reference to a black person. Don’t be taken in by the right-wing propaganda that the ‘PC Brigade’ (derogatory term for ‘considerate people’) want to abolish the use of the words altogether.

72 Bus:
Even the best of us make errors of judgement.

But in general I agree - :pear

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 08 Nov 2013 10:40

BR2 A couple of further points.
There may be 30% of black players in the Premier League but how many are English and likely to stay on in England to coach or manage?
Looking at a Chelsea side containing say Ramires, Willian and Dembe Ba (just under 30%) it is most unlikely that they would be looking to coach or manage in England so Roberts' 30% is more likely nearer 5%.

Ignoring the latter half of your travesty of a post for now, but even this is statistically incorrect. You have taken a v small sample size of 1 (one) first team squad and conveniently ignored all the white players unlikely to want to coach or manage in England. Although it says a lot about your mindset that it perhaps hadn't occurred to you that a white player might not want to coach in England...

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 08 Nov 2013 10:41

Ouroboros BLACK POWER!

You know what it is.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

You are a terrible person and I hate you.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 08 Nov 2013 10:49

Tokyo Sex Whale
Extended-Phenotype Joylessly sober responses might look like:

Ian Royal:
Not sure where JR has “ignored the debate” and him “making very stupid and inaccurate claims of racism” is your opinion, not fact. It is HIS opinion that calling a black person a “monkey” is poor judgement. I think that it would rarely cause offence in innocent contexts but can see how someone might feel otherwise and don’t necessarily see him highlighting this as stupid. We just disagree and I think he’s being over-sensitive.

Ns1981:
If you did not like being called a Brit, I would refrain from calling you it, even if you were showing a complete lack of intellect to compare it to “paki”.

The Royal we:
Sometimes monkey IS a monkey, agreed. Nobody is saying you can’t refer to a monkey using the term. Just that maybe it’s thoughtless to use it in reference to a black person. Don’t be taken in by the right-wing propaganda that the ‘PC Brigade’ (derogatory term for ‘considerate people’) want to abolish the use of the words altogether.

72 Bus:
Even the best of us make errors of judgement.

TSW:

But in general I agree - :pear

I think I might have reached 9 or 10, though admittedly many of those were in conversation with others maturely held at a deliberate volume for you to hear.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 08 Nov 2013 10:54

MouldyRoyal :evil: :evil: :evil:

You are a terrible person and I hate you.

FUN FUN FUN FUN RACIST FUN

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 08 Nov 2013 11:11

Silver Fox

Will this thread ever lose it's momentum?

Not if the likes of you contine to make such meaningful and in depth contributions to the debate.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 08 Nov 2013 11:15

Tokyo Sex Whale Dizzy heights, once you reach 11 you have to stop counting on your fingers.

Peculiar then your arguments dried up around 6. Some kind of industrial accident?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 08 Nov 2013 11:18

Tokyo Sex Whale Need 4 fingers to type.

I shoulda guessed you would be a seasoned one-handed internet user.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 08 Nov 2013 11:26

Tokyo Sex Whale Yeah...

One of the more recent submissions from a man city fan - whats the Barnes thing about?

John Barnes climbed onto a pedestal and screamed about finding it difficult to get into football management.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 08 Nov 2013 11:33

Ian Royal On a slightly separate note, I thought John Barnes made an interesting point that some East Africans are better suited physically to long distance running, but we all share the same mental potential.

Perhaps, the genetics of some black people gives them an athletic advantage in playing football, but doesn't give them an advantage in coaching or management. Perhaps the argument that there are 30% black players (an over-representation based on societal make-up) so there should be 30% black managers is a flawed argument and actually it should be representative of society as a whole.

I'm not sure I'd buy that as I think you've got to say that playing gives you an advantage to go into managment. But I bet you wouldn't see Roberts engage on the question and instead just keep talking about under-representation and 30%.

i find the idea of acknowledging physical differences between races, while believing the mental side of things is exactly the same across all races is a bit daft actually.
id imagine there are all sorts of mental differences.

382 posts