Who will we draw away in the FA Cup QF

341 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Who will we draw away in the FA Cup QF

by Royal Lady » 17 Feb 2015 11:28

Big Foot
Silver Fox Can I add a late 'greed to the contention that Ian Royal and Craig Mortimer-Zhika are both idiots for contending that if we lose it will be alright as Parky will be going to Wembley

Literally the most stupid thing I've ever read on the internet - countless mongs were also lapping this up on the club's facebook last night, many of them too young to have even seen Parkinson play for us

+1000 - CMZ is a bloody idiot - but we all knew that.

Can I just say here and now, that as worthy of being an RFC legend that Parky is, I hope our "fans" don't keep chanting Five Parkinsons during this match. It's our players who will need all the chanting. Well done to him and all that, but we want to WIN this one and I, for one, won't be cheering if Parky gets to the semi finals. :roll:

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 17 Feb 2015 12:17

floyd__streete I hope that that wet lettuce Gunter shows as much determination in the match itself as he does on social media :|

Joy at what is - lets be honest - the best draw we could have had [after Bradford (H)] is tempered by the realisation that we are absolutely 100% going to lose, aren't we. Our record in big one-off matches as a club is absolutely appalling. I fully expect someone like Akpan or Pogrebnyak to get set sent off and for Reading to lose 3-0. Already picturing James Hanson ghosting in between Pearce and Hector for a free header. How absolutely galling and how absolutely typical to have come this far and then to bottle it :!:

Absolutely nailed on, except I fear that this one will go all the way

I'm expecting us to go 2-0 up at HT and then snatch a draw from certain victory, with a replay to follow at the Madejski and Bradford to knock us out on pens

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Feb 2015 12:20

Park the bus at their place, then take them back to the fortress and destroy them.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 17 Feb 2015 12:24

Every year I send a text to reading supporter friends before the third round saying our name is on the cup. This year I didn't and now its the best chance we have of making it to the final (well certainly the semi)

As everyone does, you start dreaming about winning it but it made me think if we did win it. what is there left to dream of? As a reading supporter since the very early nineties, I wanted two things, firstly to see reading reach the premier league and to watch reading in a fa/league cup final. if we win it - what is there left to dream of? We'll never win the Premier League (indeed I strongly suspect that the 8th position we reached will never be bettered in any of our life times) and whilst we might enjoy a European jaunt off the back of a possible cup final appearance (I know I know getting ahead of myself). the likes of watching mid table Rumanian table team play in the europa league isn't quite enough to get the pulse racing.... but then I still have 40-50 years of supporting reading ahead of me with both dreams fulfilled!

But enough negativity - we might be at Wembley in two months time tomorrow. Fwiw I think we'll beat Bradford, keep the old manager theme going by playing west brom in the semi and then Liverpool and Rodgers await in the final.... knowing us we'll get there and then get humiliated by being thrashed 6-0 with Gerrard getting a hatrick..

Its all a far cry from thinking it didn't get any better than reading appearing on three televised matches in a row in the fa cup back in 1992 - and that was before we reached the 4th round (Birmingham Orient and Man City)

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Feb 2015 12:25

I think we just need a quick rendition of "Parky, give us a wave" at the start of the match and leave it at that. Shouldn't be cheering on the opponent's manager mid-match, and chanting his name if we are winning would just be insulting to the man.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 17 Feb 2015 12:33

Only one Trevor Morley Every year I send a text to reading supporter friends before the third round saying our name is on the cup. This year I didn't and now its the best chance we have of making it to the final (well certainly the semi)

As everyone does, you start dreaming about winning it but it made me think if we did win it. what is there left to dream of? As a reading supporter since the very early nineties, I wanted two things, firstly to see reading reach the premier league and to watch reading in a fa/league cup final. if we win it - what is there left to dream of? We'll never win the Premier League (indeed I strongly suspect that the 8th position we reached will never be bettered in any of our life times) and whilst we might enjoy a European jaunt off the back of a possible cup final appearance (I know I know getting ahead of myself). the likes of watching mid table Rumanian table team play in the europa league isn't quite enough to get the pulse racing.... but then I still have 40-50 years of supporting reading ahead of me with both dreams fulfilled!

But enough negativity - we might be at Wembley in two months time tomorrow. Fwiw I think we'll beat Bradford, keep the old manager theme going by playing west brom in the semi and then Liverpool and Rodgers await in the final.... knowing us we'll get there and then get humiliated by being thrashed 6-0 with Gerrard getting a hatrick..

Its all a far cry from thinking it didn't get any better than reading appearing on three televised matches in a row in the fa cup back in 1992 - and that was before we reached the 4th round (Birmingham Orient and Man City)
I see what you mean, for me the only other boxes left to tick would be a) European football and b) seeing us win a play off final

BUT we won't even beat Bradford

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 17 Feb 2015 12:34

tidus_mi2 I think we just need a quick rendition of "Parky, give us a wave" at the start of the match and leave it at that. Shouldn't be cheering on the opponent's manager mid-match, and chanting his name if we are winning would just be insulting to the man.

I remember us hosting Palace while Coppell was here and the Palace fans singing "Coppell is a Palace fan" throughout. Similar tactic required.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Feb 2015 12:39

"Stand up for Steve Coppell". I remember wondering what the fuss was about.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 17 Feb 2015 12:40

We don't need to win this game, I've already reached a semi.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Feb 2015 12:48

Big Foot
tidus_mi2 I think we just need a quick rendition of "Parky, give us a wave" at the start of the match and leave it at that. Shouldn't be cheering on the opponent's manager mid-match, and chanting his name if we are winning would just be insulting to the man.

I remember us hosting Palace while Coppell was here and the Palace fans singing "Coppell is a Palace fan" throughout. Similar tactic required.

Parky is a Royal, Parky is a Royal

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Feb 2015 14:00

Parky's gonna get us!

:?:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Feb 2015 14:02

Bloody hell Ian - you really are trying hard to look even more of an idiot than you already are. Will you be supporting Reading or Bradford? :roll:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 17 Feb 2015 15:00

Silver Fox Can I add a late 'greed to the contention that Ian Royal and Craig Mortimer-Zhika are both idiots for contending that if we lose it will be alright as Parky will be going to Wembley

+1

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Feb 2015 15:42

Dave-Royal lan Royal stop been so Negtvie we will beat Bradford

While I think we will, I'm sure Millwall. Chelsea and Sunderland were sure they'd beat Bradford too.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 17 Feb 2015 16:21

tidus_mi2
Dave-Royal lan Royal stop been so Negtvie we will beat Bradford

While I think we will, I'm sure Millwall. Chelsea and Sunderland were sure they'd beat Bradford too.

I think they underestimated them though...

Bradford will be all hyped and the media will probably make us the underdogs rather than them....

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Feb 2015 17:11

Bit easier to up your game against PL superstars (and Sunderland) than us too I imagine. Although Parky has the ex-club factor to add some spice for him.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 17 Feb 2015 18:34

BT SPORT have us and Liverpool. bbc have the two all PL games, no surprise there, no times yet

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 17 Feb 2015 20:22

no, but a bit obvious as Liverpool are playing the Thursday before. Thus we'll be Sat morning and they'll be Sun eve.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 18 Feb 2015 06:55

Pepe the Horseman Park the bus at their place, then take them back to the fortress and destroy them.

After lasts nights debacle our place is more like a dolls house than a fortress

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 18 Feb 2015 08:23

Tbf to CMZ and Ian Royal, I'd far, far rather we lose to Bradford than p*ssing Arsenal or some such other disgusting 'big' club with all their sense of entitlement. In fact, lets just slide out lamely at Valley Parade shall we.....imagine this Reading team playing Arsenal at Wembley :lol: Be about seven niLOL :!:

341 posts