Reading FC on U.S. TV: check here for updates

630 posts
RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 08 Jan 2008 16:02

brendywendy what are the chances of seeing any highlights anywhere in the evening?

Pretty decent if you're lodged somewhere that has FSC on its cable menu or if at least you can get to a football-friendly pub, which I'd need to spend a few minutes trying to locate.

We'll get it sorted for you as it becomes necessary and the date nears.

Kevin Doyles Right Foot

by Kevin Doyles Right Foot » 08 Jan 2008 16:05

sorry to be an idiot, but is US Setanta the 1 we get here or not (UK)?

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 08 Jan 2008 16:10

Kevin Doyles Right Foot sorry to be an idiot, but is US Setanta the 1 we get here or not (UK)?

Sorry to say that it is not, which is why I have to keep appending "US" every damn time I write "Setanta" so as to avoid misleading anyone who happens along.

Generally speaking, matches that screen on Setanta in the States are:
--Saturday lunchtime kickoffs
--One of the Saturday 3:00 kickoffs, plus another on their "Xtra" channel
--Sunday 1:30 kickoffs
--Monday 8:00 PM kickoffs
--Midweek fare here and there, as scheduled, plus bank holiday, Boxing Day and New Year's Day fare

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Jan 2008 16:16

RoyalChicagoFC
brendywendy what are the chances of seeing any highlights anywhere in the evening?

Pretty decent if you're lodged somewhere that has FSC on its cable menu or if at least you can get to a football-friendly pub, which I'd need to spend a few minutes trying to locate.

We'll get it sorted for you as it becomes necessary and the date nears.

coolio

of course there is the small matter of tottingham 1st!

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 08 Jan 2008 19:40

brendywendy in palm springs for the next round of the cup after we beat tottingham, flying on th eday, so wont be getting there till 6pm over there.

what are the chances of seeing any highlights anywhere in the evening?

Bring your computer and you can see highlights on footytube.com You aren't too far from me in Palm Springs. How long are you staying? If you want to get together to watch the Chelsea match on the 30th (if you are still in town) pm me.

RCFC, first page says December 30th for Chelsea. Thanks as usual for one of the most important threads on the team board. (Falling just behind the Czech pronounciation courses and Kitson's Media Wind Up's 101).

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 08 Jan 2008 20:00

Cheers 'Hawkerz --I'll get that sorted STAT.

Just re-posting here my latest TV update which got buried at the tag-end of the preceding page before we moved onto other topics...

Here's what we know about the rest of January:
Villa (A) on Saturday 12th January appears on Setanta US' listings for a same-day delayed screening from 6:00 PM Eastern; it is scheduled to repeat twice on Setanta, from 7:45 PM on Tuesday and on Thursday from 6:00 PM. Highlights shows are set to screen at the regular times; see the first post to this thread for the full lineup

The FA Cup Third Round Replay with Tottenham at the Madejski scheduled for next Tuesday the 15th at 3:00 PM Eastern is not scheduled to screen here. Unconfirmed third-party listings have it that FSC, who screen Cup replays live, is instead going with Liverpool-Luton on Tuesday and then Citeh-West Ham on the Wednesday.

For highlights, tune in to all of the daily news shows on FSC at the regular hours; I'll do a more detailed post after we move past the Villa match

Please note that if next Tuesday's Cup hurdle is cleared, then the Fourth Round encounter away to United over the weekend of 26th/27th January would screen live in the States on a pay-per-view/pay-at-the-pub basis ($25 and $20, respectively) --just a heads-up well in advance

Before that, the league match at home to United on Saturday the 19th is now confirmed for a live screening on Setanta US from 10:00 AM Eastern, and it is set to repeat same-day from 7:45 PM, with additional screenings on Setanta likely to be added

With both Setanta and FSC still dragging their feet with regard to late January selections (and beyond), we still don't know anything about Chelsea away on Wednesday the 30th from 2:45 PM Eastern; the smart money has it screening live on one or the other, and we shall advise once we learn anything

With all of that said, to see all of the above plus other listings of interest in a handy day-planner format, please see the first post to this thread

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 14 Jan 2008 20:31

Righto, no go for Tuesday's Third Round Cup Replay with Tottenham at the Madejski; the Statesbound may tune in to the following in the hope of seeing highlights (all times Eastern):

Sky Sports News --Tuesday from 7:00 PM (60 min.; one hour's delay)
Fox Soccer Report --Tuesday from 10:00 PM (60 min.; live)
Fox Soccer Report --repeats Wednesday from 1:00 AM
Sky Sports News --Wednesday from 2:00 AM (60 min.; live)
Fox Soccer Report --Wednesday from 5:00 AM and 11:00 AM: Tuesday's report repeats again
Sky Sports News --Wednesday from Noon (60 min.; live)

It's possible also that highlights will screen during a break in play of Wednesday's live screening of the replay between Manchester City and
West Ham on FSC (kickoff 3:00 PM Eastern)

In any case, Setanta US will have Saturday's home match with United live from 10:00 AM Eastern, and FSC announced within the last hour that it will have the match away to Chelsea live from 2:45 PM Eastern on Wednesday the 30th

We don't know anything beyond that, but perhaps we will by the time that I update again on Wedneserz

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 15 Jan 2008 17:46

For us Yanks who are disappointed by the lack of TV coverage, I have some possible good news. Usually BBC Radio Berkshire block IP's from the US for Prem games. But they don't do this for the Cup games. So you can listen live here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire/

Click on listen live...

glosson

by glosson » 15 Jan 2008 18:01

Thanks for that seahawk! I'll be listening from work.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 15 Jan 2008 20:06

glosson Thanks for that seahawk! I'll be listening from work.

They just turned it off. Grrr.. I guess the audio from the last cup tie was a mistake to let through.

Royalupnorth
Location: Is there a time for first communion, a time for East 17?

by Royalupnorth » 15 Jan 2008 20:16

BBC 5 live xtra has it on live

Don't know if that will work abroad though :?

theroyals_eh

by theroyals_eh » 15 Jan 2008 22:18

for those of you interested I have found a website called http://www.tvcatchup.com - if you get a friends/familly to register you back in the uk you can catch up on all the latest shows including Match Of The Day!

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular

by seahawk10 » 15 Jan 2008 23:53

theroyals_eh for those of you interested I have found a website called http://www.tvcatchup.com - if you get a friends/familly to register you back in the uk you can catch up on all the latest shows including Match Of The Day!

Can someone adopt me and register me?

theroyals_eh

by theroyals_eh » 16 Jan 2008 00:14

seahawk - you could always go via a search for UK Proxy online - or PM me and I will sort out your account!

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 16 Jan 2008 18:09

I'm interested too - Seahawk, if you try it, let me know how it goes.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 16 Jan 2008 19:08

Okay then, back to normaLOL pretty much. Nothing of significance learned since the last update, so just to review:

United at home is next up on Saturday the 19th, and it is scheduled to screen live on Setanta US from 10:00 AM Eastern.

The repeat screening originally scheduled to roll same-day from 7:45 PM has been canceled (for live auto racing), and there are no other repeat screenings currently scheduled save for the MUTV feed of the match that is set to go on Setanta US from 2:00 AM Eastern on Monday morning (11:00 PM Sunday on the West Coast)

Match highlights are set for the Premier League Review Show on FSC on Sunday from 8:00 PM and on Monday from 6:00 PM (times Eastern)

Chelsea away follows on Wednesday the 30th, and it has been fixed as a live screening on FSC from 2:45 PM Eastern

Those who can stomach it can tune to Setanta US on Thursday the 17th at 6:00 PM, at which time Saturday's match away to Villa screens for a final time

Beyond that, February is a perfectly blank slate as far as U.S. screenings go; what we do know is that none of RFC's February matches have been moved for UK TV, so all of them will go from 10:00 Eastern. The home match with Bolton on the 2nd does not appear on FSC's posted schedule for that weekend, so we'll have to hope that Setanta step up and wait for them to get around to posting their listings

So that'll cover it for now, and to see all of the above plus other listings of interest in a handy day-planner format, please see the first post to this thread

hiro

by hiro » 17 Jan 2008 09:05

Premiership coverage in Japan on 19th, 20th and 22nd Jan.

19th
20:00 Premiership Preview show J-Sky Sports 307
20:00 Birmingham - Chelsea J-Sky Sports 308
23:54 READING - Man U J-Sky Sports 308
25:05(Replay) READING - Man U NHK BS1
23:55 Fulham - Arsenal Sky Perfect Choice 184

20th
24:54 Man City - WestHam J-Sky Sports 308

22th
4:54 Liverpool - Aston Villa J-Sky Sports 308

I am sure that there are none of Hob Nober traveling to Japan this important weekend. Please just have a thought that you may catch a live coverage of Premiership in Japan.
Sorry to Royal Chicago-san if I disturbed your thread.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: Utd (H) LIVE on Setanta US

by papereyes » 21 Jan 2008 23:11

Any Yank-based nobbers in NYC or Boston?

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Chelsea (A) LIVE on FSC Wed 30 Jan 2:45 PM

by RoyalChicagoFC » 28 Jan 2008 20:06

hiro-- Never a worry

pape-- What you need? Venue? Someone to watch with? Please advise (and note that Boston Royal is Bostonian in name only these days)

Right then, Wednesday's match away to Chelsea is scheduled to screen live on FSC from 2:45 PM Eastern. It will repeat twice, on Wednesday evening from 11:00 PM and again from 1:00 PM on Thursday (times Eastern and on FSC)

Saturday's home match with Bolton will not screen in the U.S. It is recommended that those who seek to stream the match check the sticky thread atop The Team board for any information that may be available

Match highlights may be seen on FSC's Super Sunday+ weekly highlights and commentary show that screens from 1:00 PM Eastern on Sunday afternoon. The weekly Premier League Review Show is set to screen first-time from 8:00 PM Eastern on Sunday and again on Monday from 6:00 PM. Also, FSC interlace highlights of concluded matches throughout their regular weekend match coverage

FSC confirmed today that the match away to Everton on Saturday 9th February will screen live from 10:00 AM Eastern and repeat same-day from 11:00 PM

No action the weekend of 16th/17th February, and then the home match with Villa has been moved to Sunday 24th February from 7:30 AM Eastern. As a stand-alone fixture, it in all likelihood will screen live on Setanta US, but with both domestic platforms maddeningly slow to post their schedules these days, this remains unconfirmed; next update in this space on Thursday

For all of this in a user-friendly day-planner format, please see the first post to this thread

loyal-royal

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: Chelsea (A) LIVE on FSC

by loyal-royal » 28 Jan 2008 20:50

http://www.liveonlinefooty.com/voteresu ... &poll=Vote

this is one of the best places to watch football is you cant make the game, its a match vote on the right hand side so can we all vote for our match then we can watch it live. cheers

630 posts