Seol

308 posts
Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Mar 2007 22:21

What is your point MC Royal? What are you going on about?

MC ROYAL

by MC ROYAL » 01 Mar 2007 22:50

Im responding to the fact that Royalee thinks Seol's current form is down to lack of effort as opposed to form. He also thought Lita was performing badly because of an attitude problem. My thoughts are that Leroy was always putting in the effort, just took a spark for him to hit form.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 01 Mar 2007 23:26

MC ROYAL Im responding to the fact that Royalee thinks Seol's current form is down to lack of effort as opposed to form. He also thought Lita was performing badly because of an attitude problem. My thoughts are that Leroy was always putting in the effort, just took a spark for him to hit form.

Seol's current form is probably due to a lack of effort. If the guy actually tried harder his form might improve.

As for Leroy, I don't think there was ever anything really that wrong. But he does seem to be trying alot harder now. He probably needed sometime to realise what level of effort is required to make an impact in the Prem.

Hopefully Seol will soon realise that he will need to work alot harder if he is gonna have a big impact in the Premier League. If Seol doesn't up his ante he has no chance of competing with a hard working, marauding Glenn Little and Seol will only have himself to blame if he is not getting picked week in week out! Right now Little is a thousand times the player Seol is.

Seol has the talent. But if he wants to get into the current Reading team, he will have to step up about 4 gears in work rate.

Finchley Royal

by Finchley Royal » 02 Mar 2007 00:01

MC ROYAL Im responding to the fact that Royalee thinks Seol's current form is down to lack of effort as opposed to form. He also thought Lita was performing badly because of an attitude problem. My thoughts are that Leroy was always putting in the effort, just took a spark for him to hit form.

Spot on - the things that were infuriating about Lita in the past still happen, but we happily overlook them because he keeps scoring. Exhibit 1: turning his back on the ball when the corner was taken in the NE corner against Man U.

If Seol had done that...

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 02 Mar 2007 01:45

Top Flight I think some people can be motivated when they are booed.

Ronaldo thrives on being booed.

Beckham raises his game when he is booed and disliked.

Top flight, you are a pure c u n t and you are either on the wind up, or you are a complete prick.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 02 Mar 2007 02:08

MC ROYAL So Royalee and the rest of you muppets, do you think Lita improved because he just suddenly decided to try? Or maybe it was because he scored against the champions, got a bit of confidence and hit some form.

He was playing well in the game before Chelsea when he came on and was on the pitch playing well for a good hour plus before he scored against Chelsea. His improvement in effort resulted in him getting into positions as opposed to just giving up and he was rewarded.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 02 Mar 2007 02:36

Super Kevin Bremner! Definition of irony:

Reading supporter stands up and claps hands during chorus of: Stand up for Steve Coppell.

Same Reading supporter sees Seol substituted and stands and boos Seol off the pitch.

Seol is Mr inconsistent - not lazy. He played as well as he could yesterday against a good United side (not brilliant, but good), and was exposed. Fair comment. He trudged off at 1mph - that was annoying, but this came after AND during the boo boys doing their bit.

The irony is that it was Steve Coppell who exposed the side to Seol's inadequecies, based on his ability, his match performances to date and his performances in training. Seol has been consistent in his inconsistency since we signed him. Coppell knows all this. Don't forget, his woeful performance was allowed by Coppell to last 70 or so minutes. Therefore for those who boo'd, it was Coppell who merited those boos, not Seol.

So, in case you haven't worked it out, if you are one of the supporters who joined in both chants last night, then you're an idiot.

Understand now?

For the record, I clapped him off.

100%.

Proper.

But your comments will be wasted on these idiots.

Because these idiots haven't got a clue about what it's like supporting a team.

I can't wait until Saturday, the worst player for Reading that day I will boo and boo and boo.

That for me is a highlight.

Scylla

by Scylla » 02 Mar 2007 09:06

readingbedding

Reading supporter stands up and claps hands during chorus of: Stand up for Steve Coppell.

Same Reading supporter sees Seol substituted and stands and boos Seol off the pitch.

Seol is Mr inconsistent - not lazy. He played as well as he could yesterday against a good United side (not brilliant, but good), and was exposed. Fair comment. He trudged off at 1mph - that was annoying, but this came after AND during the boo boys doing their bit.

The irony is that it was Steve Coppell who exposed the side to Seol's inadequecies, based on his ability, his match performances to date and his performances in training. Seol has been consistent in his inconsistency since we signed him. Coppell knows all this. Don't forget, his woeful performance was allowed by Coppell to last 70 or so minutes. Therefore for those who boo'd, it was Coppell who merited those boos, not Seol.

So, in case you haven't worked it out, if you are one of the supporters who joined in both chants last night, then you're an idiot.

Understand now?

100%.

Proper.

But your comments will be wasted on these idiots.

Because these idiots haven't got a clue about what it's like supporting a team.

I can't wait until Saturday, the worst player for Reading that day I will boo and boo and boo.

That for me is a highlight.

A good effort but to get it absolutely right you must decide before kick-off who that player is going to be.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 02 Mar 2007 09:07

rfcjoe
Huntley & Palmer
Royalee
Huntley & Palmer He's low on confidence and who can blame him. He was an integral part of the team in the first part of the season, scored and created some excellent goals against Sheff U, West Ham and Charlton. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be a player that can take being dropped well, his head drops and his commitment has wavered. I'm not stupid enough to demand he never plays for this team again, or to go to the even more stupid lengths of booing him. I think he just struggles to come to terms with how the philosophy of this the team ethic works for 90 minutes.

Funny how none of the other 'reserves' on show were low enough on confidence not to put any effort in.

He started our first ten games in front of Little you cock

little was injured though so im not suprised :lol:

Only for the first three games, from then onwards he was on the bench every game. Seol kept his place

Skyline

by Skyline » 02 Mar 2007 11:55

Fans booing their own players only serve to give a boost to the opposition.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 02 Mar 2007 12:04

Understand now?

Just to re-iterate, whilst he boos were directed at Seol, they were actually a result of a decision Coppell made. Therefore if you boo'd then you boo'd Coppell.

Sad after what the man's done for the club huh?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 02 Mar 2007 12:11

Skyline Fans booing their own players only serve to give a boost to the opposition.

That is absolutely spot on.....

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 02 Mar 2007 13:32

For a team sitting 6th in the Premier League, we shouldn't really be having this conversation.

For the record, I didn't boo Seol off the pitch. I actually clapped him off. But I have no problem with the boo boys. They had every right to boo. They didn't boo him during the game, he was only booed at the end when he came off. The reason he was booed was because he didn't try hard enough.

The fans were just making a statement to Seol to try harder next time. Thats all. It is a very minor incident. It should only serve to remind Seol how lucky he is to be playing for Reading and that he needs to earn the right to play regularly. Its those lazy performances that have kept him out the team. If he wants his place back, he needs to work much harder on the pitch.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Mar 2007 16:51

To anyone who did boo Seol on Tuesday, I will ask you a simple question.

If things don't come off for Little next home game, and is style is languid as well - doesn't track back when he loses the ball (which he's been known not to) will you be booing him when/if he's susbstituted?

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 02 Mar 2007 17:04

Stranded To anyone who did boo Seol on Tuesday, I will ask you a simple question.

If things don't come off for Little next home game, and is style is languid as well - doesn't track back when he loses the ball (which he's been known not to) will you be booing him when/if he's susbstituted?

Of course not, because Glen Little is Glen Litte, just like every bad Murty performance will never get true discussion because of his "affection" with the fans.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 02 Mar 2007 17:10

Exactly, if you really wanted to, you could call into question Glenn's goal ratio. 0 goals this season and only 5 last, where as Seol has scored 3 this season at a higher league in the same position. Seol has also had 2 assists and 32 crosses, Glenn has 6 and 68 crosses

fool

by fool » 02 Mar 2007 17:24

Watching Seols body language, I think he might be suffering from depression, so I would suggest fans booing him isn't the answer. Although I know how frustrating it can be watching him. I am sure Coppell with sort him out or he will move on to a lower division.

Hahnemann's Hairdresser

by Hahnemann's Hairdresser » 02 Mar 2007 17:29

Huntley & Palmer Exactly, if you really wanted to, you could call into question Glenn's goal ratio. 0 goals this season and only 5 last, where as Seol has scored 3 this season at a higher league in the same position. Seol has also had 2 assists and 32 crosses, Glenn has 6 and 68 crosses

Seol has played up front this season though, and one of his three goals have come from when playing up front. So you can then argue that Little has been more productive, creating/scoring 6 goals compared to Seols 5, despite Seol playing up front for a few games. Not that it matters anyway.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Mar 2007 18:51

Super Kevin Bremner! Seol is Mr inconsistent - not lazy. He played as well as he could yesterday against a good United side (not brilliant, but good), and was exposed. Fair comment. He trudged off at 1mph - that was annoying, but this came after AND during the boo boys doing their bit.

Understand now?

Best post so far on this rather tawdry thread, well said SKB.

North stander

by North stander » 02 Mar 2007 18:57

i think the booing of seol on tuesday was disgracefull. Anyone that took part of it should be ashamed of themselves. Seol is a player that thrives on confidence and booing him clearly doesnt help. He is clearly a good player as he showed at the start of the season. You can see he has lost all his confidence. Thats why hes coming across as being lazy. All its acheiving in doing is destroying him as player. As said above the booing of our own players only serves as an advantage to the opposition.

308 posts