Pompey Fan Here Fella's

279 posts
SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Pompey Fan Here Fella's

by SpaceCruiser » 03 Jun 2008 14:19

kieran Do you think you will come up again? Its a hard league but I really dont see why not, I think Blues will be big comeptition

I dunno, I would feel fair confident about our chances, but it is too early to be making any predictions - need to see how we do in the transfer market first.

kieran

by kieran » 03 Jun 2008 14:28

SpaceCruiser
kieran Do you think you will come up again? Its a hard league but I really dont see why not, I think Blues will be big comeptition

I dunno, I would feel fair confident about our chances, but it is too early to be making any predictions - need to see how we do in the transfer market first.

Yeh, you should have a decent chance I would say. Have all the glory season ticket holders re-newed or have they deserted

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 03 Jun 2008 14:33

kieran
SpaceCruiser

Yeh, you should have a decent chance I would say. Have all the glory season ticket holders re-newed or have they deserted

The rumour is that they're deserting in droves and we'll only have a hard core of 8K with the rest of the attendances for the season being made up with day-trippers (like me).

kieran

by kieran » 03 Jun 2008 14:42

Are you being serious 8k, I cant see that, you used to get 10k I think

kieran

by kieran » 03 Jun 2008 14:45

AS I have said I live in Reading and a lot of fans tell me that they dont like Pompey as they are rivals. I just thought I would let you know that when I tell people in the Fratton End I am from Reading they always say how much they like Reading.

I am sure you might get the odd cyber warrior shouting his mouth off, but most Pompey fans reall quite like Reading. As do I

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 03 Jun 2008 14:47

kieran Are you being serious 8k, I cant see that, you used to get 10k I think

The numbers may increase depending on how promising the team is. If it does look like Reading will do well, they'll come back. That's the way it is. Plus I think we get about 3 to 4K of non-ST holders in attendance. Some people prefer not to go to all of the games.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Jun 2008 17:19

SpaceCruiser
kieran Are you being serious 8k, I cant see that, you used to get 10k I think

The numbers may increase depending on how promising the team is. If it does look like Reading will do well, they'll come back. That's the way it is. Plus I think we get about 3 to 4K of non-ST holders in attendance. Some people prefer not to go to all of the games.

We currently get about 2k non STHs to a game, because we can't fit in any more.

STHs were about 8k the season before we went up I think... certainly they'd been around that level, they may have been higher in the promotion season. I can't see anyway we'll dip below 12k for the coming season in STHs, people will hold on in th ehope of another promotion. A dissapointing season could see us drop to about 9-10k the season after.

Regardless I can't see our average attendence dropping below 18k unless we do really really badly. I'd suspect hovering around the 20-21k mark. We have a large floating support that traditionally hasn't really bothered with Season tickets in the last 10 years, because they've generally known they can cherry pick their games fairly easily and save a bit of money.

My optimistic guess is we'll lose about 4k STHs for this season and providing we do as well as I hope we'll make a load up at xmas with the HSTH and have a fairly full ground most weeks.

I suspect the south stand will be held as away, and half will be opened up to home depending on how well the away team allocation is selling.

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 04 Jun 2008 07:59

Geekins Just go back to your inbred City and leave us alone Pikey.

you live there too lol

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 07 Jun 2008 13:22

Gramatically-enhanced version:
Pompey Fan Here, Fellas
Ignoramus.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 07 Jun 2008 13:39

Just remember that a lot of fans (including myself) don't see any kind of rush in renewing their season ticket yet.I'll have the interest thank-you very much.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 09 Jun 2008 09:00

kieran AS I have said I live in Reading and a lot of fans tell me that they dont like Pompey as they are rivals. I just thought I would let you know that when I tell people in the Fratton End I am from Reading they always say how much they like Reading.

I am sure you might get the odd cyber warrior shouting his mouth off, but most Pompey fans reall quite like Reading. As do I

I didn't really like them at all, but was slightly ambivalent about the depth of the dislike. That is, until the capitulated at home against Fulham! Us losing to Fulham was bad enough, but a team that is well up the league and claiming a valid place in Europe to do so was just poor.

(I know, we went down for more resaons than that result - but what the hell!)

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 09 Jun 2008 09:59

Royalshow Just remember that a lot of fans (including myself) don't see any kind of rush in renewing their season ticket yet.I'll have the interest thank-you very much.

i have still to receive my forms through the post
therefore i have not renewed yet

kieran

by kieran » 09 Jun 2008 14:30

West Stand Man I didn't really like them at all, but was slightly ambivalent about the depth of the dislike. That is, until the capitulated at home against Fulham! Us losing to Fulham was bad enough, but a team that is well up the league and claiming a valid place in Europe to do so was just poor.

Well - we did have an FA cup to win the next week! Also, if you watched the game Fulham were really quite lucky as Pompey were the better team and looked like the only team to likely to score. Thats football I suppose.

Anyway just to confirm - Pompey fans do not dislike Reading at all, in fact most have a soft spot

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 10 Jun 2008 08:47

brendywendy
Royalshow Just remember that a lot of fans (including myself) don't see any kind of rush in renewing their season ticket yet.I'll have the interest thank-you very much.

i have still to receive my forms through the post
therefore i have not renewed yet

Mine only arrived yesterday and we have to renew by the 20th - not exactly much time

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 10 Jun 2008 08:56

I concur with Ian's comments. I hope we start off with gates of like 20-21 thousand and if we do well we should be able to maintain that. Whatever you say about our two seasons in the premiership, they certainly weren't dull!

As for me going to games. I'm not a glory supporter but the prospect of Preston and Blackpool away just doesn't float my boat like Liverpool or Man U away (to be fair it compares ok with Middlesbrough and Fulham away). I will be going to games this year but it's not gonna be as fun as the last two years, that is unless we pulverise the league as I hope we will....

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 12 Jun 2008 10:22

toppy

Mine only arrived yesterday and we have to renew by the 20th - not exactly much time

Just how long does it take you to fill in a form and send it off then?

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 12 Jun 2008 11:41

West Stand Man
kieran AS I have said I live in Reading and a lot of fans tell me that they dont like Pompey as they are rivals. I just thought I would let you know that when I tell people in the Fratton End I am from Reading they always say how much they like Reading.

I didn't really like them at all, but was slightly ambivalent about the depth of the dislike. That is, until the capitulated at home against Fulham! Us losing to Fulham was bad enough, but a team that is well up the league and claiming a valid place in Europe to do so was just poor.

Oh Pompey love us alright, they usually get a result against us!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 Jun 2008 12:25

West Stand Man
toppy

Just how long does it take you to fill in a form and send it off then?

2 days and counting....... :oops:

StevenKelliher

by StevenKelliher » 16 Jun 2008 05:04

Archie's penalty the prospect of Preston and Blackpool away just doesn't float my boat like Liverpool or Man U away (to be fair it compares ok with Middlesbrough and Fulham away). I will be going to games this year but it's not gonna be as fun as the last two years, that is unless we pulverise the league as I hope we will....

Due to work and being away from the UK on a regular basis, i never got the chance to actually attend most of the premiership matches, So lived most of it through newspapers ( on average a week behind the UK), and through the internet. The few games i did get to go to ( Thankyou Hob nobbers) were good. But, i am actually really looking forward to going back to places like Deepdale. And a fun day out at half deccent seaside towns like Blackpool. I'm also looking forward to going to Donny Rovers as well.

Coca cola championship? Let's have it.

279 posts